I can't think of a J word that I want to write about. I am seriously thinking about skipping today. My brain has shut down. One suggestion that my friend Barney came up with was Journey. Well being from Northern California and being a big Giants fan, the first thing that came to mine was "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey. A song that is played at most home games.
The band Journey brings back a lot of memories for me. I can't remember when I first started listening to Journey. It was one of those bands that always seemed to be around. Even today, I can sing along with any song of theirs. And even now, my kids love Journey. I danced to Journey, made out to Journey, cried over a Journey song, and even went to a concert.
I don't think, though, that was the Journey that Barney was referring to. I would assume he meant a journey of something in my life. Which one? Childhood, teenage, college, marriage, motherhood, depression, the whole adoption thing, or this thing we are doing within our marriage right now. Hey that theme could almost be a Jigsaw Puzzle - another J word.
Fortunately, I have been able to share the journey of spanking for me here on my blog. And I can even divide up the different parts of my journey with spanking into smaller pieces. Another Jigsaw puzzle. My blog has been like my own personal Journal. My friends from Blogland never pass Judgment. I have been asked to Join many different little communities. There is no Jealousy. I have even been fortunate to have not been visited by some Jackass. 
My J's are flowing now. Best of all, the Jury has made their decision and it brings me so much Joy to thank all of my friends in Blogland. I would be lost without you.



Great post Blondie. Isn't it funny you can't think of anything and then all of a sudden the dam breaks and it comes pouring out.
ReplyDeleteIs that like writer's block? Too many ideas
DeleteSo funny and I'm glad you've never been visited by a Jackass. Nice shout out to Barney - I know how his wife loves that word.
ReplyDeleteNo jerks are jackasses... I missed naming Barney is my B blog so I think we are good now.
DeleteI'm glad things are flowing for you now - you just needed a little push. I got excited for a moment when you mentioned the Giants, as I am also a big Giants fan, New York Giants.
ReplyDeleteGo Giants (New York of course). Smiling J for Jackie
DeleteSorry that you like the wrong teams. Born and raised in Northern California, so I love those teams. I can tell you the entire roster for the Giants. And then there are the 49ers, and the Sacramento Kings. I don't like the Raiders but the Nuggest (basketball) and the A's (baseball) are my second favorites. And we now have a new soccer team, the Republic. Go CAL
DeleteReally enjoyed your post Blondie...J for the Joy blogland brings is my favorite. ;) I'm really enjoying your A-Z challenge
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
Thanks Cat. You really do encourage me to keep going. I appreciate your kind words
Delete*IF* you do recall I suggested JERK after my husband came up with JOURNEY. You didn't see the smug look on his face when he said it. He knows it drives me crazy...( admittedly not a long drive). You did 'redeem' yourself with all the other J's and of course the band Journey. The don't drive me crazy. For all the same reasons you listed above.
ReplyDeleteLovin' the little Stinkerbell with the letter J!
love
willie
Ah Willie, hopefully Barney will give you a little extra bit of lovin' since I mentioned him. Anyone who knows me, knows that you are friends with me and that we got each others backs.
DeleteJourney! Ah yes good memories there... Boston too... ELO.... Sigh.... You made me think!
ReplyDeleteI know.....scattered comment from this lady!
Love Boston and ELO too. But Journey in concert made them top the list of my favorites.
DeleteLoL Blondie, love this! Seems you found a few J's after all :) Barney suggested Journey??? Eeeek!!! Yep, I can hear Wilma now! Trouble in Bedrock lol. Oh yes, the band does bring back memories :)
ReplyDeleteHugs
Roz
Yep that was Barney's suggestion but I don't think he meant the band Journey. Lol I know, I know, Wilma and Barney are both going around in circles right now
Delete