![]() |
Is it just me? It seems odd that I can become friends with people I have never met in person. That we only chat with each other. The LDD network has given me alot of laughs but I also learn new things too. The best thing, so far, is knowing that I am not alone. It doesn't matter if I am sad, happy, confused or just am, there is always someone that understands.
What would I do without these people. Would the DD even work if I felt totally isolated?
What would I do without these people. Would the DD even work if I felt totally isolated?
I would sign on to the network, hoping to see a familiar name. Then there were more names that I would recognize. Sometimes I would just read as others chatted. There were all the times that I asked questions and there were even sometimes that I gave the best advice I could. Oh, and there were a lot of LOL's.
Change is good, right? I am not a big person with change. Especially when I like the way things are and I don't see a reason for the change. It is a very good thing that the network is getting bigger and yet there is a part of me that kind of liked it small. I am beginning to miss the familiar faces that have lots of insight and knowledge regarding DD. It was fun to see them making jokes and laughing at one another.Unfortunately, now there seems to be people who just talk about themselves and don't read and learn. And some people are really rude to others, though the administration has helped with that. Boy, do I sound like a %#itch or what? Yet, I am still making new friends on the network. Remember how I am not good with change....
I love reading the blogs too. I learn so much from reading them. And I love the comments. Most people in our blog world are supportive and always leave such encouraging comments. I am no longer afraid to have a blog or to worry that people won't read it. I am getting bolder about leaving comments too. I love reading the variety of blogs that deal with some type of spankings. It is so very nice to feel like part of a group, and to be welcomed so openly.
Thank you to all the new, old and haven't met yet people in our community. The honest, openness that I have found from the friends in my computer, has made me feel so welcome and such a part of a great group.









I know what you mean here. We need a 'like' button. :) It's been fun getting to know you, Blondie!
ReplyDeletevery insightful since I've been thinking of joining the ldd website...not sure if I really have the time right now though even though I would love to make new friends. Your blog is super cute....
ReplyDeleteWe love having you on the Network, Blondie!!
ReplyDeleteI enjoy talking to you, Blondie. :) Thanks for letting us new strangers in.
ReplyDeleteBlondie -
ReplyDeleteas always you make me smile.
What a lovely post. I relate to many of the thoughts you expressed.
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year,
Sunny Girl
Me too. Love this community. I've thought about joining the LDD group but am noy sure where I would find the time. Thanks for your blog...it's refreshing and fun.
ReplyDeleteI too have enjoyed meeting you Blondie! I also love the LDD network, where else can you come with your troubles and have people who know exactly what you are going through?
ReplyDeleteI agree with Rogue, this needs a like button!
I agree with all of this post! I'm so glad you joined us, Blondie. I remember your first comment on my blog made me want to get to know you better :)
ReplyDeleteStormy
Rogue, I have enjoyed all of our conversations. And I am glad to have met you. You are this steady in my DD life. I think in a lot of ways that our lives are alike. I hope that this New Year will be filled with alot of success and happiness.
ReplyDeleteAshley, the LDD network is great. It can be alot of fun but kind of addictive. It gives you a chance to get to know people more than through the blogs. I hope you join. It would be fun. Maybe in the New Year - hope its a good one
Lia, I like talking to you too. And I am new too to the network, pretty much. Happy New Year
Sarah, well you know that you are one of those friends. I think we were related in our past life. Happy New Year! And good riddance to 2011, well except for the good parts. LOL
Sunnygirl, Thanks. I love that you comment on my posts. Happy New Year to you too..
Susie, you always say the nicest things on my blog. Thank you. The LDD is a wonderful place to get to know people. And most of the time, we are all having a pretty silly fun time. Happy New Year!
Emi, I have just loved chatting with you and reading your blog. I am so glad you joined. As a matter of fact, we were just chatting tonight. Have fun tomorrow night and hope this is a great year for you.
Stormy, you have been my anchor. I always have a smile on my face when I think about your blog. You are so kind to everyone on the network, always making sure that everyone gets to say something. Thanks for giving me a chance, answering my questions, and giving me the encouragement. Happy New Year
Hi Blondie,
ReplyDeleteI too have often thought how strange it is that I can speak so freely to people I have never met. Blogging is a wonderful invention.
Happy New Year,
Hermione
Blondie- the network is amazing and so is blogland. I was ready to check my self into a nuthouse (for real) until I realized that I truly am not alone.
ReplyDeleteBlogland is a family, it gives a way to relate. But the network gives us the connection when we need an immediate response from someone who understands what we are going through and isn't too close to the situation.
But, as you know of course it's not all serious all the time... Sometimes we just need to be silly. ROT FLAMINGO
Hermione,
ReplyDeleteYou have been such a wealth of knowledge and support. You even took the time to answer my letter I sent you. Thanks.It is nice to speak freely and I have really began to love blogland.
Happy New Year!
Pooky,
The network is where I go to be silly with friends like you. And then there are the private messages where we can chat personally with someone else (like you). I laugh so hard most of the time when I am on chat. The interaction amongst everyone is funny, especially as we get to know each other better.
Your book is awesome. I can't wait to read it all. What a wonderful story. Next one needs to be about a married couple with kids who decide to start dd.
Happy New Years!
Great post Blondie! I agree...well, about online friends and blogland anyway. I haven't joined the LDD network or any chat groups or forums dedicated to this topic, so I can't really comment on that. Happy New Year! :)
ReplyDeleteI have often wondered why it seems so much easier to connect with people in blogland...Perhaps it has to do with the amount of honesty, or maybe it's just that we can reach so many people beyond our physical scope.
ReplyDeleteI have to agree--it is pretty awesome.
Blondie
ReplyDeleteGreat post, sometimes I'm a little envious of you folks on the network, the religious aspects have kept us away. But it has been great to get to know folks better through , blogs, email and text.
Laurie
lil: You are probably right about reaching so many people beyond our physical scope makes blogging so great. Reading other people's blogs and the comments have been so beneficial. Thanks for commenting! Happy New Year
ReplyDeleteLaurie,
I may have missed something but I have never seen religion, on the LDD network, as a prerequisite. As a matter of fact, one of my very best chat friends is also a practicing Jew. And I live learning new things that she knows through her religion and culture.
Plus, we talk about your blog and how much we love it. Bet you didn't know that. Sometimes your post will come up in discussion and we all will talk about it. You are one of the most respected of the DD bloggers. Plus we have a lot of fun just talking about life and dd and sometimes we just talk about things like schools, or great sales or whatever.
No matter, I love your blog and I really like your comments on mine. Your kids are more similar in age to mine than many other dd couples.
Thanks and Have a Happy New Year
Hey Blondie, Thanks so much for the kind words and no it doesn't really say anything about religion I just got the vibe from his blog and a specific thread I happened to read over the Summer. (If you want to shoot me an email, I have some more thoughts I will privately share with you). I could be way off though. Practicing would be a stretch for me though I grew up "conservative". I'm definitely a spiritual person though, ( my roots are as a NICU nurse, you won't a place with more miracles (or tragedies.) (
ReplyDeleteI can relate to you as well. (Now I'm curious what people say, I don't get a ton of responses or comments on my posts)
Laurie
Hey Blondie!
ReplyDeleteThank you for writing about the network! I'm so glad to hear so many of you enjoy it. I've certainly enjoyed talking to everyone in blogland within the network, including yourself. The reasons you mentioned in this blog entry are many of the reasons the network was created in the first place.
There are so many great people out there. No doubt about it.
I hope you and your family enjoyed the holiday season! Happy New Year!
-- Clint