Thursday, December 15, 2011

Overuse I Love You

Today, my loving husband called me just to say he loves me. Sometimes we get so wrapped up in things we miss what's important. Those three small words can change everything you are feeling and doing. I thought of this song that I love to listen to on the country music station. It reminds me of my man.



They called them crazy when they started out
Said seventeen's too young to know what loves about
well I was 23, they still thought that was too young
They've been together fifty-eight years now
only 21 but still going strong

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
He bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
okay, he bring home more than that and we have a small house with 3 bedroomsWhere she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Only 5 little blessings


Yea that's crazy

 
 




Just ask him how he did it; he'll say pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute, to tell you everything
Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common since
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

 

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman,
Who never let him forget

 

Be a best friend, tell the truth, and overuse I Love You
Go to work, do your best, don't outsmart your common since
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy




Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin knees get lazy
And love like crazy






They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now

Aint that crazy?

5 comments:

  1. Love that song! Love, love the way you paralleled it to your life!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that last picture!! So sweet..wow. Great post. I think it's the simple things in life that have the most impact on us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song; even though it's not what we pray. It is how we live.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh I LOVE that song!! This post made me a little teary eyed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. JJ, thanks. It always makes me teary too. I love my husband and thank God that in this crazy world we took the chance to find love in and with each other.

    ReplyDelete