Thursday, January 22, 2015

Could It Be Called Boring


One of my friends, mentioned to me that all of my blog posts have been non-personal. I explained that I am trying to give an informative blog post on Tuesdays and then another post on Friday. But I guess that has been non personal too.

One can say that my life lately has just been steady. There is always some crisis with a child or two. This is the first time that I have really felt overwhelmed with having five children. Right now all of them are living such different lives and their issues are so personalized. Ty and I joke about keeping a notebook so we don't mix up the different lives. I figure that just happens. I have two kids in college, two in high school and one in middle school. They are all about two years apart. Right now we are on the odd numbers, starting with 21 and going down from there.

There must have been a lot of naughty people last year, December was our busiest month ever for out paddle store. I was kind of surprised but I hope that everyone got their Christmas spankings.

Spankings around here have not been too common. I guess I am such a perfect angel I don't need a spanking. And since my back went out, Ty didn't want to spank and possible hurt my back more. My back is back to normal again, so Ty has no excuse now. Even our last couple of Tuesday nights have pretty much been spanking free. We really used those nights to just be close without interruption. Sex was great, cuddling was great, and the lecture I got a couple of nights ago was not good at all.
I feel like I have just been hanging in there. At any moment, if pushed, I could really crash and burn. But I haven't and I am just taking one day at a time. So the lecture Ty gave the other night was really kind of heartbreaking. But what he said was also true. My attitude has been kind of snarky, I am not really doing much with cleaning around the house (bare minimum), not always making dinner, and getting defensive when he complains. I have felt overwhelmed with the kids who have all home from school. They are so lazy, I just didn't/wouldn't clean up after them. So there were messes everywhere except my bedroom, where I hid out.
But Ty didn't spank at all. He apologized for not doing his share either. He has been so busy with his stuff that he hadn't really noticed what was going on at home. It wouldn't be fair to punish me since we were both guilty. And the Tuesday before that, we started to do a maintenance spanking but I wouldn't hold still. I kept backing up and ending up in his lap. We realized that we just needed to hold each other and be close. I fell asleep in his arms. It is nice to be safe and secure enough to just relax and be held.

I have been reading all of your blogs and commenting when I get on. There are some of you that I am so happy for, for all the growth and happiness that is coming your way. Some of you have real funny posts that cheer me up. Some of you have posts that I get stuck on because I have to read your stories, I love them. Those of you that are hurting and/or struggling, please know that I have been praying for you and sending positive thoughts your way. I really feel like you all are family and friends. And I appreciate that you continue to blog and to share. Thank you

28 comments:

  1. I think this is a beautiful post and so straight from the heart. It is a post of a snippet from the lives of two people who really love each other and truly know each other's minds. So important these days when many couples don't even try to understand each other.

    I wish you had written these posts on spanking back when we first started as they are so full of love and common sense. The regard you have for each other is quite exceptional.

    (I do agree with you about housework though. I do it, but I hate it. Stand over your kids with a wooden spoon like I did!) (LOL! No really! I just had a good yell every now and again.)

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder why it seems that I will never figure out the one way that works. The kids always throw me with their differences. And Ty goes through his phases too. I love being his wife and I love being a mother. I just hate cleaning up after kids that are old enough to live on their own. I also don't like housework so this is seriously hard for me to handle.
      I love and respect Ty. He can be a little bossy. And like right now he is in his tornado mode and all the kids are jumping. My house is going to look really nice for the rest of the day. They tend to listen to him more than me. He is definitely the HoH around here. I do know his Achilles heal and I am not afraid to use it to get my way....... BJ's

      Delete
  2. "Right now all of them are living such different lives and their issues are so personalized. " Oh boy do I get this. Well minus a couple of kids. The anxiety at times can be overwhelming for them and then in turn for us!


    Love
    Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you understand and I am grateful that I can bitch without judgment. And thanks for pointing out the obvious.

      Delete
  3. And I love reading your blog, Blonde. I admire you for all the things you do, and that certainly includes writing blog posts. Keep on doing that, girl because you are so good at it. To me all your posts are personal. You just have to read between the lines sometimes. And that is sooo easy because of this huge (ugly, grin) font you use.

    Warm smile to you,
    Han

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You don't like the large font? I do it for all of us that need those reading glasses. Lol
      You know I love hearing from you and I really appreciate your encouragement. One of these days we will get together and do a post.

      Delete
  4. I hearing from you is always a treat...Five kids...oh, i had 3 in 5 years, and am not sure i would have had time for any more...
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My oldest was three and a half, my next was 18 months when I had my daughter. And the day I brought her home, the boys both were throwing up, Each about every two hours but at least not at the same time. They were calling for me, and it broke my heart. But Ty slept on the floor with them and gave them lots of love. Life was never easy after that.
      I like to blog just to stay part of the community. But my brain is so full sometimes I forget how to spell my name. My husband, just now, said that I was as blonde as a blonde could possibly be. I was counting up rolls of pennies and he was being all bossy, so I wrote "fifteen dollars and no cents" he didn't find it funny.
      Thanks for always commenting and writing such fun posts.

      Delete
  5. Sweet post Blondie - and I totally love the pencil drawings you included in this post. And lol on the last one! I've had that thought/fear myself every time I go on a trip with hubby. ;)

    Yep - cleaning the house, making dinner and keeping up with busy teenagers is not easy nor fun. It can often be exhausting and discouraging and disheartening. I'm right there with you. Looking at the messy living room and telling hubby I'm researching and printing new low fat recipes while still having no plans for tonight's dinner - and perusing blogland instead. Oh well. ;)

    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't even imagine my kids going through my bedroom, though I am sure that they have and found things that we left out. Someone needs to clean out my computer quick if anything happens to us.
      I pin these great recipes and then serve up cereal because I was too busy finding recipes. Lol

      Delete
  6. Hi Blondie, I love all of your posts, and the informative ones are great!

    Loved reading this. Beautiful snapshot of your world, and you and Ty. Your Tuesday's sound wonderful :) spanking isn't always the right thing. Sometimes we just need to be held :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. That is really nice of you. I don't know if my life is anywhere close to looking good but I guess I should share since all my blog friends share. There are few times that a spanking isn't needed or wanted but the reconnecting of just connecting physically is always top priority. Thanks for sharing your life with me and always being around to say kind things

      Delete
  7. I love your blog Blondie - don't change a thing. Kids are a challenge, even when they're older and I can't imagine coping with five of them. You're doing fine.
    I hate housework, always have, always will -not my thing. Thank God, hubby is not adverse to picking up my slack.

    Just the respect and love you and Ty have for each other will get you through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty is a tornado running through the house right now. The kids are scurrying everyone while he barks out commands and gets involved when they are slacking. My house, their bedrooms, and the laundry will all be wonderfully complete when he is ready to crash. And lucky me, he wants to do all of this for me. So I also get a few minutes to quietly be on the computer with no one bugging me. Too bad it takes his being a whirlwind for the kids to do what they are supposed to do. Thank you for your kind words on Ty and myself. It's the one relationship I work the hardest on to make work and to both be more than happy

      Delete
  8. Dang Blondie...you oughta get a job in the circus as a juggler! I'm with Ami...stand over the stinkers and throw a fit until they pick up after themselves. My answer was...if I have to treat you like a toddler and pick it up, then your punishment will be the same as when you were a toddler...it gets put up for a week. If they don't start picking up, soon they won't have anything left to make a mess with...just a suggestion.

    Hang in there...visit when you can, post what you want, when you want and know that I'm sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am starting a bag of clothes for Good Will. Every time they leave their clothes anywhere besides their own room, they might as well being handing the clothes over themselves. The rest of the house is not their bedroom. And for dishes, we are going back to paper again like when they were little. That way I don't have to sit in the kitchen and make sure that they are cleaning their own dishes
      P.S. I stink at juggling except schedules. Thank goodness for different colored pens, one for each child.

      Delete
  9. Hi Blondie, lovely post. My sons are grown now but I do remember the panic sometimes!! Soon you will be worrying like me about that empty nest and wondering if they are ever going to give you grandchildren ( I am ever hopeful). I loved that postcard, I really need a friend like that, I think the boys would die if they found our hoard and if they read my kindle !! I might have to give Ami a door key, lol
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to find someone to give a door key to also. But so far I haven't met anyone who knows enough about me to not have a heart attack when they started the cleaning. We would love some grandchildren. But my kids are not mature enough to be parents. If I can just see them become responsible adults, I would feel some small sort of accomplishment. Oh and when they have teens, the stories I will be telling my grandchildren...

      Delete
  10. Blondie,
    I, too, can identify with all you have written. I did like Cat's suggestion.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would agree, Cat made a very good suggestion. We do still take things away when they get into trouble. I love turning off their cell phones (temporarily) or turning off the Wi-Fi,. It always works.

      Delete
  11. Blondie,
    I love coming to visit, though I haven't been online as much these past few weeks. I just wanted to tell you that I think you're a great mom! I do hope they start helping you around the house a little more :)

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think I am a great mom than you are my new best friend. <3
      They are all back in school. I don't know why colleges have such a long break. So they aren't around as much and they are busy doing other things, which some times helps. Ty keeps telling me I am going to miss this someday. There are a lot of things I will miss when they have all moved out, but not this.

      Delete
  12. You are very patient.
    I would have summoned up my best Lesley Gore and done the "It's my blog and I'll write what I want to, write what I want to..." thing.
    But I am, after all, a bitch. :-D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah, my friend was teasing me because I was giving her a bad time about her blog and lack of posts. But I have no problem writing what I want, when I want, and so far no one has called me out on anything. When I give my informative post on anal sex, I may have some haters. Then I will write you for advice on how to be really bitchy (even though you are always nice to me)

      Delete
  13. Blondie, This is such a real life post, lol, I am sorry. It sounds almost like my last summer, and I am still kind of mentally recovering from it. Four kids, all ages home all day long, my piriformis syndrome, man, I didn't clean anything more than minimum either. I really hope you get your house under control again soon, and some time and want for spanking too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do believe that we have a lot in common. The biggest difference I see is that your husband actually takes part in blogging. My husband is the lurker on FB and everywhere else. Only Rogue has actually spoke with him, he is such a hermit.
      Ty is doing his tornado thing right now and the kids are all jumping, doing everything he says and getting my house picked up. Love that man
      I feel like I am in heat, I need some alone time with my husband. I need the whole kitten caboodle.

      Delete
  14. First off...five kids...I'm sorry but that alone makes you a fabulous mom! Lol. I feel like we must have been on the same feeling bandwidth the last few weeks. I've been kind of blah and letting many things slide. I hope you and Ty have a good spanking time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Life just gets to be a LOT sometimes, doesn't it? I think we've probably all been there at one time or another, even if circumstances are a little different. Parenting isn't for the weak, that's for sure! I hope that things get back to a more even keel soon and that you and Ty can find some time and energy for more fun pursuits! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete