I have been wanting to write a blog post about this for quite awhile now. I just can't seem to put into words what I feel. So I am just going to write and hopefully some of it will make sense.
Maybe some of you might remember me writing a couple of posts about a friend that I had made from blog land and from the network. Her name was Sarah. This was my post about Sarah.
Sarah and I became friends quickly. It seemed like we had always been friends. Maybe because we were not everyday/real life friends, we were able to get close quickly. She wasn't a relative, or another parent or neighbor, she was a friend that lived on the other coast and we would probably never meet in person. She was safe for me to share things with and I was for her.
Sarah and I spoke on the phone daily, multiple times. And we texted and hung out together on the network. When she was going through different major things in her life, I was there. I got to know her husband through texts and emails and even texted and emailed one of her friends. She had spoken to my children (briefly) on the phone, sent gifts and gave me messages of encouragement to give my family. Her husband left me heartfelt emails me, thanking me for being there, for being his wife's friend. He knew that I cared enough to be strong and tell the truth.
I never ever suggested or told Sarah to do something wrong. I am not one to try and hide something when I have done something wrong. I am big on honesty. We talked about rules betttering our marriage not trying to stifle us. I encouraged her to always to the right thing. We never discussed how to get out of a punishment (except in maybe a joking way, like putting a pillow under your pants). If I needed to vent, she listened but never agreed and always reminded me how great my husband is. And I did the same for her. I am very pro marriage.
Sarah and I were as opposite as two people could be yet we never disagreed. We got to the point where you don't have to explain a situation because we already knew the background. We cried our hearts out and we laughed all the time. She guided me through some stuggles with domestic discipline and I belive that I was there for her.
There is more to the story. And this is the bad part. This is the part that breaks my heart and leaves be questioning.
Sometime, I think it was around March, Sarah got herself in trouble. What she did was wrong but I would have to say, the punishment was pretty extreme. Please note, I never said that to her or anyone else at the time. Besides numerous spankings for days, Sarah had her computer and phone taken away. If she had a good week, she would get to call me. Finally we were able to email each other. Today, I can't remember exactly how long this punishment was supposed to be for, it was somewhere between six weeks and three months.
She called me one day. We had a great conversation. We laughed and chatted about everything. We talked about all kinds of things. Our relaionship wasn't just about domestic discipline, it was a friendship. When we hung up, we knew her punishment time was almost over and that we would talk soon. I hung up happy, glad that we had gotten to chat.
The next day I woke up and checked my email.
Hey -
So I need to let you know that I have been going through a whole lot of stuff. There is just a lot going on in my life that I need to sort out. C and I are working hard at making things better and being happy. But its a lot of work. After a lot of discussion we have decided to take a break from the DD. I think its just best for us at this time. It may not be forever, but its what I need right now. And he is supporting it. I have decided to leave the site for the time being. I just need a break from DD, the site and everyone involved.
I promise that I will eventually be in touch. But I just need time to get my life back together. Therefore although I will miss you so much Im asking for space. I just need time away from everything to get things back together. So I will eventually email you when things are better. But until then, Im asking that you give me my space. I dont want to text or talk or chat with anyone related to DD. I just want to put this all behind for a while and see what I really want. I need to find me and see what I want. I hope you can respect that.
I will miss my big sister but this is not goodbye forever. I just need time. I wish you all the best in everything that you do. Love you.
M

Did I see this coming? No way! There was absolutely nothingg in our conversation the ay before that would let me to believe that something like this was about to happen.So I need to let you know that I have been going through a whole lot of stuff. There is just a lot going on in my life that I need to sort out. C and I are working hard at making things better and being happy. But its a lot of work. After a lot of discussion we have decided to take a break from the DD. I think its just best for us at this time. It may not be forever, but its what I need right now. And he is supporting it. I have decided to leave the site for the time being. I just need a break from DD, the site and everyone involved.
I promise that I will eventually be in touch. But I just need time to get my life back together. Therefore although I will miss you so much Im asking for space. I just need time away from everything to get things back together. So I will eventually email you when things are better. But until then, Im asking that you give me my space. I dont want to text or talk or chat with anyone related to DD. I just want to put this all behind for a while and see what I really want. I need to find me and see what I want. I hope you can respect that.
I will miss my big sister but this is not goodbye forever. I just need time. I wish you all the best in everything that you do. Love you.
M

By the time I got the email, she had let the network, canceled her email account and was not accepting calls.
How did I feel? Confused, heartboken, worried.........
The next day I received this email:
I got your message and this is my new email. I'm going through a really hard time. I will email again later. Please do not call me or text me. If you want, you can email me. I just need to sort through stuff.
M
Yes there were emails back and forth. Whatever she was going through, I wanted to make sure she knew I was there for her. I sent her silly emails, newsy emails, short emails and long emails. I didn't mention anything about dd or the network. I respected her wishes and never called or texted. Her emails to me stopped coming. I was really worried. And there was nothing I could do. I didn't want to get her into trouble by calling or texting her. I know how strict her husband is.
Her husband has a split personality, I would say. He can be the kindest, most romanitic and caring man around. But then he had so many rules and there was no wiggle room. The punishments were awful in my opinion. They were not just spankings, so much more. Check out my post on dd
Then one day an old friend rejoined the network. She told me her great big secret. I am not using her real name, I will just call her Jill and her husband Jack. Well they had remained in contact with Sarah and her husband. What went on between the two couples is not for me to share. Just want to say, that at first, I was so happy that Sarah had a friend like Jill. I felt so much relief knowing that she wasn't alone and that she was okay. But I also learned that they were still doing dd and yet her husband had got even more controlling and his punishments were so much worse. My heart ached. About a month later, thought they didn't know that I knew anything, the emails were told to stop.
I truly feel that her husband is taking advantage of the fact that she has no family and that he had been her rock during the time that her parents and brother had died. He used this to his advantage, making her feel obligated to do this lifestyle because he wanted it. She wanted to make the marriage work but I don't think that she realized that she was being abused in different ways. Domestic Discipline is an agreement between two people. It is something that they both want. If only the husband has the only say, it is more like abuse than domestic discipline.
And then, the communication with Jack and Jill abruptly came to an end. No explanation given. Just unanswered emails and then the email was closed. My friend Jill was really hurt and mad. The questions began, not just with me and Jill but with everyone who knew Sarah and her husband.
Who were these people? Were they who they said they were? Was he really a police officer? Had they done the "couple thing" before? Was this all just a sick thing that they did? Did they stop being my friend because they weren't able to get my husband involved? Did they tell the truth about anything at all? A big question is if Sarah even knows about all of this? Were the emails all from him? He had admitted at one time to Jack, that Sarah hadn't read my emails - everything was going through him. And many more questions that I really don't feel comfortable sharing publicly.
Do they know how bad they have hurt the people who considered them friends?
I thought that I had a wonderful friend. I am the only person who actually spoke to her on the phone and can verify that there really is a Sarah. And there was too much information shared that I can't believe that it was all just a big ol' lie, a made up story.
Moving on....
The people that reached out to me when Sarah left the network really surprised me. I had two choices: run and hide or accept these new people and continue on. I chose to have new friends. And I have also chosen to have friends from blogland. But will I ever have a friendship like I had with Sarah? Probably not. How do I trust that much again? Those of you who know that you are my friend, should also know how much you mean to me. It will take awhile for me to trust like I did before.
Though my heart has been hurt and I have a lot of unanswered questions, I am okay. I have made some friends that are just great people. I am glad that I took a chance and opened myself up to these ladies.
And life goes on.
|




This post makes me cry, Blondie. Your pain just..hurts. I'm so sorry this happened. I have had some odd things happen in this virtual community too, things that make little sense to me.
ReplyDeleteI know it has to be incredibly confusing, and above all...I'm sure your worry for her has eaten you alive at times. You are a GOOD friend, a true friend. She might not be emotionally equipped to even know what she had, ya know? I sure hope she is safe and well.
Good for you to allow yourself to trust again.
I'm glad you wrote about this, felt ready. (((hugs)))
Stormy
Stormy,
DeleteThanks. There is so much I want to say thanks for to you for but I won't say it here. Many of us knew Sarah and I think that she left all of us with questions and concerns. It took me awhile to write about it because I can't write and cry at the same time, it was just too raw.
Thanks again for your kind words and thoughts.
There are only a very small number of people I call friends. To be betrayed by one would hurt very much.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like your friendship was real at least on some levels. It would be hard to fake it for very long. Even if one or both of them had some agenda, there was something real between you.
The anonymity of this community allows us to share our hearts, but we must remember to use some good wisdom. Jesus said, "Be innocent as doves, but as shrewd as serpents."
Mick, I think part of the reason it hurt so much is that I have protected my heart from things like this for so long. And then to finally let someone in and have them trample all over my heart, I feel kind of silly. I knew better.
DeleteThank you for your kind and wise words
I know more about this than you can possible imagine, as some people that have been around a long time can attest to. I know our emotions are more opened in blogland than they would be in the real world. We are so much more opened with our feelings here and lastly most of us are fully mature women - we don't expect to make a new BFF at this age and when it happens it's amazingly wonderful. Here we are in our 40 or 50 and suddenly having the feeling we had in 2nd or 3rd grade and when something happens the emotions are just as magnified. I'll be happy to talk with you in a more private setting. Sadly I can admit to being both a victim and a perpetrator. Email sometime elisspeaks@yahoo.com
ReplyDeleteI promise it'll be all right.
Hugs,
PK
PK, Wow, you are so right, it did feel like how I felt as a young person with a new friend. And then magnified. It seems like all the people I am friendly with are the parents of my children's friends or people that I work with in different ways. I have become to rely on my husband to be my best friend for so long now that it was nice to have a friend with whom I could just enjoy.
DeleteI will contact you again. We emailed a little when I asked you about Cassie. And I knew that you were someone that I would have fun knowing.
This sounds so emotionally draining! I worry often about some of the people in blogland, but to have had a friendship that developed and continued over time, only to be betrayed. I am sorry.
ReplyDeleteI guess that the only thing I would offer is realize that there are more good people than the opposite. More true friends than fakes. Maybe I am naive....well than so be it. I hope you feel better.
Minelle, I think that most people are good. I also believe, deep in my heart, that Sarah did not have a lot of choice in ending our friendship. I was told once that her husband claimed that my husband had no control over me and that our relationship was too different. Which is not at all what he ever told me. I chuckle every time I think about that comment. My husband shakes his head in half amusement and half confusion at me all the time. He would probably agree that I am out of control, lol. I love to drive him crazy and I am always looking for ways to baffle/amuse him. He liked Sarah cause she made me laugh and she was there for me to talk to when things about dd got confusing. She also sent him a lexan paddle and gave me some real good tips on how to do something he really likes, even better. TMI...
DeleteI am always looking for the postitive and the good but I don't trust often. And I am one of those people that , what you see if what you get.. I don't think you are naive at all. Thanks for your kind words.
Blondie- prayers, I love you and "Jill"
ReplyDeleteThanks Pooky. I know that you knew Sarah too and it was a surprise also when she disappeared. Jill isn't allowed to read my blog but I will let her know what you said.
DeleteThanks again.
I am so sorry to read about this Blondie. You really reached out to the person and it sounds like she is in a very scary relationship. It also sounds like Jill and other reached out to her, too. I am sorry your heart is hurting. I am glad you ended with the picture that life is better with friends. I have to believe that, too. Navagating blogland friendships is not always easy. I hope you and your husband and family have a great long weekend. I think you are special lady and God sees all that has gone on and your heart has been pure. And, in the end, that is all we can do. Be accountable to God for our thoughts and actions. Big HUGS to you!
ReplyDeleteThanks SNP. Many people on the network thought that they were friends with her and were surprised when she disappeared. Since then, there has been A LOT of concern over the identities and the seriousness of the relationship. Hopefully someone will be able to find the answers and help her if she needs it.
DeleteGod had a plan, I am sure. I did my best to be the person God wanted me to be. I have prayed for guidance and for protection for her.
Thanks for your kind words
I am so sorry Blondie! It sounds like a very dicey situation - so many unanswered questions and so much worry for your friend. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteThanks Tess. You are right, there is too much unknown. I can only pray for her. But I needed to let go. Hopefully, all of us can learn and move on.
DeleteSo Sorry Blondie. Things always happen for a reason even if it takes a while to figure it out. We are always learning something and sometimes it's a hard lesson. Sending lots of hugs.
ReplyDeleteTry to let it go and have a great weekend.
Thanks so much for your kind words Sunnygirl. I guess I will forever be learning about myself.
DeleteDo you think you got too close too quickly? It sounds like a whirlwind friendship (rather than a whirlwind romance). It seems like there were warning signs along the way, but you valued her friendship and so were able to overlook them. I can only imagine how hurt you must have been (and probably still are). And it sounds like there's certainly reason to be concerned for your friend. Sometimes we have to just give things to God. Sometimes there's just nothing we can really do except pray for someone. It sounds like this might be where you find yourself in regard to your friend. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteGrace, thanks for your comment. You are right in many ways. One of the ways that has helped me the most is to believe that God ha a plan. During the time of our friendship, Sarah went through the holidays for the first time without her family, a birthday without her family, an operation and the anniversery off her parents' deaths. I was there to listen and to help in the ways that I could. I believe that I hopefully made a diffeence. She, in return, reminded me what a friendship was like. I enjoyed having her as a friend while we were friends. I hope that same day I will only remember the good and that the sadness will be forgotten.
DeleteBlondie, I'm so sorry she did this to you. I have had my heart broken by people I believed to be my friends. It has been many years and I am just learning to trust again, slowly. I believe you will trust again too. I know there are people who love you on the network. Dd has taught me to open my heart, even if it may get hurt sometimes, mbecause the benefits are worth it. I think that applies to friendship too.
ReplyDeleteThanks Joanie. And please know that this couple is no longer on the network and I doubt that they will return. A lot of pIople cared about them and we were all surprised by their leaving.
DeleteI am a people person but I don't usually get real close with anyone, even my own sisters. I have learned not to have real high expectations of people so than I am not easily disappointed. But with Sarah, it just always was easy to talk to and deep down I really miss her.
Dd has done a lot for me but the internet allows people to be someone they aren't.
I wish had the right words to make you feel just a little better. I will share that many of my closest friends started out online through blogs. Many I have not ever met in person but we go through great lengths to stay in touch via our facebook and photos, texts, phone calls, letters, and so on. It sounds like your friend who is probably still your friend despite being able to talk to you, is being mistreated. I hesitate to say abused because I don't know the situation but it does sound awful. I know that some people are wrong and can manipulate others (I've had some of these relationships) but deep down in your heart do you really think Sarah was capable of that? It sounds like her husband is super controlling. Hopefully things will get better in her life and she will be able to give you closure (either by letting you know what really happened or coming clean). So sorry that you are hurting. Sometimes I feel that it's easier to become 'online friends' because we are all so open but I forget that not everyone is who she appears to be. Hang in there and have a good weekend. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteI think that the words you wrote have made me feel a little better. It is nice to know that people care and I am not alone. I wish I could do something to know that Sarah is okay. It would be easier for me if I could just know what happened. I won't believe any text or email from her because I am not sure if it is her husband or not. Only hearing her voice will be good enough.
DeleteIt is so easy to be yourself when you can blog anonymously. People who read my blog see the real me, not just the soccer mom or someone's wife. Though I am all of those too but I think that comes across in my blog too.
My husband is the cynic in our household and I am always looking for the good.
Thank you so much for commenting. It means a lot to me
I still don't know what to say to this entire situation, even after all this time. I know you opened your heart to a friend and she has caused you great hurt. I hope that if she is truly abused and controlled that she is able to find the strength to get some help! I'm just at a loss of words about what Sarah and Officer did to you, to Jack and Jill and to others. If there is actually 2 of them and not 1 individual pretending to be 2, I hope she gets some help!
ReplyDeleteI just know... (shaking my head)
C- I am not sure that you realize what a good friend you have become. When I needed someone to settle me down and think straight, you were there. When my thoughts were scattered, you helped put them in order. And when I wake up and have a joke from you on my phone and I laugh as I get up for the day, you are very appreciated. I know how limited your time is, so I appreciate the laughs and smack in the head (so as to clear my head). I don't know either about all of this mess.
DeleteI am so sorry that you have had such heartache with your friend. It sounds like a terrible situation and pretty scary too. I hope she gets help because it sounds like abuse not Dd.
ReplyDeleteI hope writing it out helped at least a little. I know it always does for me. Hang in there.
Zoe, writing did help me. I have always thought things through while writing down my feelings. And the supports from my blog friendds is really surprising and I am touched. I hope that Sarah gets whatever help she needs too. There is no room for abuse with dd. It is a mutual agreement and we trust our husbands not fear them. Thanks for stopping by
DeleteBlondie, quite a few of us became close so quickly in the network, but we each seemed to have that one friend that we really connected with. I know how devastating this has been for you to have Sarah taken away/choose to leave.
ReplyDeleteIt's good that you're finally writing it out. It helps to process those feelings. For Sarah's sake, I do hope she is happy and well...
Rogue, you are another friend that really reached out to me when Sarah left. I thank you also for caring enough to ask me how I was doing. You trusted me and that meant a lot. I wish I could help you during this time as much as you and the others helped me.
DeleteWriting about it has really brought back some feelings that I thought that I had already dealt with, Oh well.
Take care of yourself
Hey. Dang.
ReplyDeleteI read Sarah's blog back when it was active, and read yours when all the turmoil was happening, felt your heartache, felt shock that Sarah just seemed to disappear. She is one of those bloggers I referred to in a comment on another blog, Lillie's, whose abrupt departure was worrisome.
I was heartened to read in this post you continued to remain in touch with her after you stopped mentioning her here on your blog. Then disheartened for you as I read the ongoing saga of worry, uncertainty about her safety, reluctant and disbelieving, doubt about whether she is really real or not.
I understand how you feel. Similar things with friends have happened to me. You don't simply stop caring after you no longer hear from them. Even if they turn out to be other than who you thought, even if you are betrayed, angry, done, you still have those memories of the times you cared, even if the other person was an illusion. I'd rather it turns out I was concerned about someone who is a fake, than not care about someone who really needs help.
For whatever it's worth, the Blondie in you who I know from what you post is someone I consider my friend, and I know you like the Irishey in me enough to call me your friend. So, cyber sister, it is what it is. I'm glad you fill this Blondie place in my life and in my heart, and that's good enough for me.
Irishey
Irishey, you always make me laugh when I read your comments, except this time. Now I am crying. How am I supposed to reply when I have tears running down my face? So much for the mascara. Lol
DeleteI will always remember the good times we had even if I never know the truth. She was my friend. And she will always have a place in my heart, no matter how I feel about how everything ended up.
You are my cyper sister and friend. I love your comments and I just know that if we were ever to get together, there would be a lot of laughter and trouble. You should shoot me an email one of these days.
One more thing Irishey - get your own blog!!!!!!! ;-)
DeleteGood. Sometimes, it doesn't take a spanking for you to get some stress relief, it takes kind words and support from friends to help you cry it out. It's not for me to thank all those who sent out virtual hugs and words of understanding and encouragement on your behalf, but I'm so glad you have all these wonderful people in your corner...errrr, ick, um (metaphor gaffe) @..@ ...on your side. Much better. ;-)
DeleteShenanigans for sure on the get together thing, but only the good kind! I'll even teach you how not to type with your face - THAT causes those tears that smear your mascara, silly!
Gee, you didn't need to poke me about getting a blog - I already know where to come for the occasional prodding and harassment! Lol! Actually, I do need a blog or something so I have a place to put blog links and find people easier. I don't know that my radical, rebel, retro musings should have a public outlet, but if I can find a way to blame PK for me starting a blog... (that IS how it's done, right?)!
I'm sure many of us are praying for and about you, that you find peace. I'll pray for Sarah's safety if that's what she needs, and that she somehow finds a way to contact and reassure you. And, I hate to mention this, but if she knowingly wronged you, I'm praying she finds it in her heart to explain and apologize.
Hug your little monsters (or blessed progeny, or however you refer to your children based on their behavior today), give thanks for your friends and family, pour a soothing beverage, put on some soul healing music, and just breathe a little while. Then you and that man of yours go show each other what you're made of.
Bunny hugs...
Irishey
Yes, I remember Sarah too.
ReplyDeleteI've read her posts and the email exchange between you, Sarah's husband and the other friend.
I have felt Sarah's pain about the death of her parents and her brother.
Strangely enough this whole episode learned me mostly about Blondie.
I was very impressed with the wisdom you showed in that conversation!
When the blog disappeared I was quite surprised. Now here was someone who really benefited from the community, someone who really owed you, Blondie, and several other members of the community for help and support given, and for getting her through a difficult time.
And then, just silence. Nothing.
At the time I found it ungrateful.
Now I'm having the same questions as you have.
Bas, you are very, very kind. I think that I have felt just about every emotion there is to feel about this enire situation. I beat myself up because I never saw it coming. That is my biggest regret. If I had seen the signs ahead of time, would things be different? I truly think that God put me into Sarah's life when she she needed an outsider to help see the things those closest to her were blind to. And if I did anything to help, that will be enough for me.
DeleteYour comment has really helped me feel better. I have read and reread it a few times and I am greatly touched. Thanks
Blondie, I've been around this community for a long time now, and this is what I have learned. Just like when you're in a room full of people at a back to school night, you have one thing in common, and may or may not be similar in many other ways. You have a child enrolled in the school, or you do Dd ( maybe). Aside from that, there are good and bad marriages, good and bad people, stable and disturbed people....AND you have no visuals to help you decide.
ReplyDeleteGo slowly, follow your gut, listen to your doubts if you have them. I've come across some truely talented frauds ( yes, they hurt others), some messed up marriages ( so painful to watch a train wreck you can see coming down the tracks) and I've come to know some wonderful women and couples, a few who have become real life close friends. I don't know what O would do without them!
I'm glad ypu're not giving up!
Sara
Sara, you are one of my role models in this community. I found your honesty and your relationship with Grant very helpful. Being a little bit older, older children and a longer marriage, I somehow felt like maybe I was the odd one out. When I realized that there were other women out there like me and like you, it had given me new hope. I don't give up easily on friends and I usually have pretty good intuition. In real life, watching an adult with a child or a dog can really help me figure a person out. Lol. Btw, I am not a dog person, so I might fail my own test. And luckily here in blogland, I have only found great and kind people. Thank you for your comments and for your honesty. Hope that things are going well, I am enjoying reading about your progess.
DeleteBlondie,
ReplyDeleteGreat post. I know we've discussed this before and I bet this post gave you closure. DO you feel like a aright has been lifted? I agree with a lot you have said and while I guard my privacy it does feel good to let others in who understand as well.
laurie
Yes, we have discussed this before. You were actually the one who kind of held my hand while I tried to trust again. You were the second person I had communicated with after Sarah. You were patient and you didn't make me feel bad for being so worried. I appreciate your friendship. IWhen I first mentioned to Sarah that I was getting to know you, she was not real happy that I had another friend. Kinda strange for her to react that way. I do feel a little lighter but you know me, still curious. Thanks again for being my friend
DeleteBlondie, I am so sorry this happened to you. I can't imagine being so close to someone and feeling burned like that. The Internet and privacy are a tricky combination. You make close friends here, friends who share much in common with yourself, and it's tempting to want to share it all with them. I think it's okay to be skeptical and guarded, you want to know that the person you're talking to on the other end really is who they say you are. I hope you're feeling better.(((hugs))) You know where to find me if you need to talk.
ReplyDeleteRiley, I was going to tell you all about this when you and I discussed chatting. I wanted to warn you and to let you know that I understood what Cael was thinking. I know that we have shared things that are not what we usually discuss and I appreciate, more than you know, your friendship and your willingness to reach out to me and share your story. You have become a role model for my little one. (((hugs))) back at ya.
DeleteOMG, I'm so sorry it took me so long to get to read this! But now that I finally have, my eyes are wet with tears. I hate that you had to go through something this horrible. I'm so sorry this was done to you. But also I'm so proud of you for writing this post. I hope that it helps you process. I will tell you that I think you're an amazing person, Blondie, and a wonderful friend. I can't imagine anyone not valuing a relationship with someone like you. It's understandable that it will take awhile to trust again. This is A LOT to deal with. As much as I care about her too, the whole thing makes me angry. BUT yes, the one good thing that came out of this is that you discovered you have a lot more people that care about you than you thought! And you're not going through this alone. We're here, any time you need reassurance, to vent, to cry, and just to be silly with too! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteKay, just because you got all teary didn't mean you had to make me tear up too. You have been in my corner since the beginning. And I have to tell you that you have proven your trustworthiness over and over. I am proud of the person you are and very lucky to be your friend. Thanks for always being on my side and for being angry for me. Hugs back at ya
DeleteBlondie,
ReplyDeleteI only knew rumors of this as I'm not part of the network but even I wondered where she disappeared to and remembered that you were friends. I'm so sorry that you had to go through this and are still hurting. I know I'd have very similar feelings and have a hard time trusting again. You know what I've always noticed about you though? You do choose to trust and you give all of us out here in blogland a fair shake. I've seen that in you and appreciate it. I don't think stuff like this "passes." It sticks with us and leaves a raw spot, but I sure hope that Sarah is okay and working towards something better. You were a good friend and I too am proud of you for processing it. I hope you feel the support and friendship around you especially from those who know the situation. Sending hugs.
Blondie,
ReplyDeleteI am new to DD and to the network. I don't know what happened with all of this, but I am not new to friends/sister betrayal. I am sorry that you have been so hurt by someone you became close to. Believing that each person is put into someone's life for a reason, I try to find the good, although at times it is hard and hurtful. Sometimes all we can do is pray for the other person and know that you were also in her life for a reason. Neither of you may know the reason at this point, but in the future, your friendship may be the one thing that does help her to see her life and what she wants in her future. I am so sorry that you were hurt but know that not everyone is this way. I look forward to getting to know you on the network and will continue to read and catch up on your blog. ((HUGS))
Marcia
Wow, I'm so sorry Blondie. I don't have words for you other than I'm just sorry for your pain. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteSome years ago, a DD lady busily wrote a blog about her experiences with DD, but also about private incidents in her family life. She shared much of her life with her readers and it seemed that some readers got into a close relationship to her and supported her in difficulted situations of her life (like the accident and death of one of her sons).
ReplyDeleteI was a regular reader of her blog, too, but except for a few comments I didn't get into any contact with her and her family. However, when it suddenly turned out that all her blog was just "fiction" (and that she had no family), I was completely confused and still (some years later!) feel a kind of betrayal.
Your experience goes much beyond that as you shared a real friendship with Sarah and trusted her with all your heart. You either have to fear for her well-being (after her unexpected disappearance) or you have to wonder about her true identity. Both options are very sad and hurtful. Hopefully, you find some comfort in the communication with new friends who are actually trustworthy friends!
All the best from a permanently skeptical and cautious (since the above described blog experience)
Tamira
Hi Blondie,
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry too, that you went through this. This situation is really confusing.
I have a question for Tamira. How did you find out the blog was fiction?
Kiki
Good question Kiki, I would like to know the answer to that too.
DeleteSo you felt that the situation was possibly abusive and you never said anything to her???? Instead you always encouraged her that her husband was great and to accept the punishments???? What kind of a friend doesn't speak up when they suspect that a husband is going to far???
ReplyDeleteYour friend could be in danger, and you did nothing. I suggest you stop posting that someones husband could be abusive and instead learn to warn them and help them.
This post sickened me. How can you say that you thought there was abuse and yet you refused to speak up. You are a dispicable person.
I am debating whether or not to even reply to your comment. But maybe my post wasn't clear enough. If I ever thought that Sarah was being abused during the time we were talking and in close contact, I would have done whatever I could to get her away. But during that time, things were good. Her husband usually listened to me and made promises. He was much more strict than my husband, but that isn't too unusual.
DeleteIt wasn't until she was no longer allowed to contact me that I heard that things got bad. That is probably why she wasn't allowed to contact me.
I have done everything I could do to find Sarah. I have never known her last name and the city she lives in is pretty big. Her husband was either using a nick name or a false name b/c others have tried to locate him through his place of work. There are many people concerned for her welfare. And none of us are giving up completely. Sarah does work in a field that helps people who have been abused, so hopefully someone will notice and help her.
You are a very judgemental person. You don't know me at all.
And you may not understand how blogland relationships go. We don't all share every personal detail about ourselves, just to protect ourselves from fakes. And even so-called personal information that is shared may not be real. One never knows for sure.
If you have any other comments are concerns, please sign your name or leave some kind of way to reply. Hiding your information and writing mean comments is really kind of cowardly. Good luck to you.
If it's cowardly, then you are a coward, as you too hide who you are. All of you are anonymous, making up names. Ok, I'll make up a name to make you feel better. Kendra...hows that name? As for a way to reply, HELLOOOO, that's what this comment section is for. Besides, I dont really care if you reply or not.
ReplyDeleteAm I judgmental? Hell yes! You DID suspect that her husband was going too far back when you were still talking to her, that I happen to know. Yet you NEVER voiced your concern to her. Again, you are a sick abuse enabler.
-Kendra
Did anyone ever stop and think about how it would feel for someone to put personal information about you on a blog? Perhaps she wants no contact because she wants to be left alone. Everyone should move on. It seems as iff she would know how to contact you if she wanted to. But I think people need to consider how they would feel if someone decided to discuss you on a blog.
ReplyDeleteOkay I think this is a valid point. If I saw negative things I did discussed on a blog, and even things I never thought anyone else would see, I admit I might be upset too. And all who know me know that I protect my friends fiercely. Protecting people's identities and privacy is all important to me, and I've always done that, even with Sarah.
DeleteThat situation changes though, when you are worried about ones safety, dig deeper to try to figure out how to protect them and discover that everything someone told you was fabricated, and their very identity is completely different. And that this has been a game to them. So unless there's some fantastic explanation that I'm sure a lot of us who thought we were her friends are dying to hear, what truth is there left to protect? On the other hand, when that many people have been affected by a circumstance like this, it's actually very important and very healing to come together as a community, support each other, get closure, and make sure everyone learns from it. Anyway, that's how I see it.
I was going to let this go, but I had to say that one last thing, 'cause it was eating at me, even for others looking in to understand what's going on here. There, I feel better. :)
Hello "Kendra":
ReplyDeleteAs a friend of both Blondie and formerly Sarah, I feel a need to step in and explain something. Yes, there were times both Blondie and I felt he was too strict. Not really out of the DD norm that much, but still, too much at times for what she had told us she was going through. This was back before they got those unusual implements, and back before contact was cut off with everyone else. He appeared to love her so much though, and be even teachable in finding ways to be a better husband. He knew how to play the game well to convince us things were ok. And I remember many a time Blondie messaging him back and forth to change his mind about things. He listened to her, so she succeeded in that a lot. There were also times that both Blondie and I DID approach her about things we didn't agree with. The problem is that at all times Sarah adamantly agreed with everything. And well, when an adult is consenting, even defending her husband, there's not much you can say. You say you dont agree and keep it respectful but its a delicate situation. Being that if that is happening, that person may be so deceived that they honestly can't receive it. What you can instead end up doing though, is causing them to clam up in total defensiveness and pull away, thus isolating themselves from all positive influences. That's the last thing you want, and by the way, if it wasn't all a game, something totally I saw Sarah doing. So in my opinion, (and I do have a degree by the way), for situations like this, you can be there for them, and help how you can (believe me, Blondie did a WHOLE lot). But ultimately that's all you can do until you earn the right to do more. Over time though, when you build a relationship, you earn that right to be heard, if abuse is truly going on. That's how I've helped many women I know.
What's puzzling to me, "Kendra", is how you are so sure Blondie suspected she was abused. It makes me wonder if you're someone she knows well enough to have that privileged information. I hope that's not the case. Because if you're using that kind of deceit to tear someone down, I think you should be looking inward at your own issues, before calling someone else "sick" and "despicable". Otherwise, if you're making sweeping judgments based on hearsay, that's dysfunctional too. As is the inability to go on a blog and express disagreement in a respectful manner. Just some things you might want to think about and work on in your own life before you point the finger at others. And I hope you come to see that and be a better person when you you finally realize what you're doing.
Amen Kay! You go girl! I couldn't have said it better! What I find suspicious about "Kendra" is this line of her response: "You DID suspect that her husband was going too far back when you were still talking to her, that I happen to know."
ReplyDeleteIMHO, its time to let this go. There was a lot of manipulation that caused hurt, but let's learn from it and move out. We can pray that "Sarah" or the real identity we discovered can get some help. Either she's abused and in trouble, or she's mentally unstable to have orchastrated all of this and needs medication and therapy.
Blondie - just mailed a package for you!
Hi Kiki and Blondie, regarding your question about how I found out that the blog was fiction:
ReplyDeleteWell, the blogger admitted it on her blog herself. It was a kind of farewell post where she (he?) apologized to the blogging community (claiming that in any case she had at least provided a lot of entertaining hours to her readers... which is a valid argument, of course... but well... you know...)
Apparently, the blogger had been attacked by some readers who had (after some posts which appeared particularly puzzling and confusing to certain readers) done a research to check her real identity. As far as I remember, someone presented their findings in the internet and after that, the blogger gave some explanations as to the background of her blog/fiction and apologized (see above). Her readers were very disappointed and some of them quite angry. I think some of them had donated money to her when she described on her blog the major distress her (alleged) family was in... This is at least what I remember - as I said this happened several years ago (and my memories have somewhat faded).
At that time, by the way, the so called "Mr LDD" was still active and his posts turning from rather acceptable and reasonable to more and more questionable and then to clearly brutal (in my opinion) before he (she?) suddenly disappeared were another disturbing issue for me...
In the meantime, I got to know a young woman in RL who invents several different lives and presents them to different publics. I came to the conclusion that people like her should write novels to cope with their abundant imagination... Anyway, very puzzling for persons who are used to authenticity.
Best wishes
Tamira
Christina, Kay, blondie,
ReplyDeleteAmen let this go. Kay has a great point.
Laurie
Kendra or Sarah or whoever you are, this has got to end right now.
ReplyDeleteI have given you plenty of opportunies to ask for help or answer my questions. The last time I tried to reach you, you asked me to stop contacting you and that you had nothing to say. And I do believe that that was the end of it.
I believed you and I believed in you. And then everything came out when our friend rejoined the network. Turns our just about everything I knew or thought I knew was not true. I wanted much to believe that it was different with me then it was with the rest of the people you have hurt. But there is nothing left.
There are over seven billion people in the world, and over three million people in the United States. Your true identity is unknown so only you know who I am really talking about in this blog post. If your feelings were hurt, well so were mine.
If you want nothing to do with me, then why are you not only reading my blog but you are also commenting - 3 times. I am not sure if this is you or your husband masterminding all of this but please stop. Leave me alone. You had me as your friend and you know that I would have done anything for you. Your husband lied to me and I am pretty sure you lied to me too. So unless you need help, leave me alone and don't contact me in any way.
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
I missed this until now, just rearranging my bloggy stuff & getting more organized. I just wanted to say that I am so very sorry that you have gone through this. I hear your pain, and I'm having trouble even thinking of what to say - anything would be inadequate. I have had friends like that, and I have been to the point that you feel you'll never be able to trust again. The thing is - for good or bad - people with good hearts will always reach out, especially when we feel that someone really needs a friend. (((hugs)))
ReplyDelete