Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Fettish or Curiousity


So we went back to our Anniversary Resort on Friday. We've gone back a couple of other times since our anniversary and my husband really loves the place. Honestly it's not so bad. The place is beautiful. Pools, lakes, hiking, etc. Lot's of places to just enjoy not wearing clothes. Plus my husband is pretty awesome looking and I could enjoy staring at him all day.

We were walking around the place. Men usually walk around naked and women, including me, wear a sarong. There was a couple in front of us. The woman had a big tattoo on her back. My husband told me to check it out. He has great vision and I don't. I walked up to her and asked if I could look at her tattoo.

There was a big bird that spread across from shoulder to shoulder. The bird had three circle in it's claws.

One circle was a peace sign


One was the ying and yang symbol  


And the last one is the bdsm symbol   


I told her she had a real nice tattoo. Thanked her and then walked away.


I went back to my husband and told him that I had to ask her if the sign was what I thought it was. He said no because what if it wasn't.

Many times when people think about bdsm, they picture someone like Christian Grey (50 Shades) and a young submissive.

Not this couple. They were definately older than us. She was a small petite red head an he was a very tall, muscular man. What most people really look like.

I asked my husband if he was forbidding me to talk to them. He said no - do what I want (he knew I wasn't going to let it go)

We saw them again later on, and of course, I went up and stopped them.

I asked "Does the tattoo on your back mean what I think it means?"

She looked at me with a twinkle in her eye and said "yes".

She said that in her younger days she was very active in the scene and frequented the clubs often. Now they only partake in the privacy of their own home.

Yes, I wanted to ask a ton more questions but I didn't. I know that I have met some people in blogland that are into the bdsm lifestyle, it's just that I have never met someone in person. And I am so curious. Unfortunately, most of the clubs are not near where I live so it will have to be a road trip when I finally get to visit a club.

We talked for awhile about different things like ancestry and the research. And they shared some stuff about their dog, their RV and that kind of general stuff. Then we parted ways.

My husband just shakes his head at me and smiles. You know all the sayings about curiousity - well I would probably be one dead cat. I want to go, and I want to watch and maybe play. Hmmmm             

One more thing, if I had to guess, I would say she is the dominatrix and he was the sub. My husband didn't agree or disagree.

Maybe we will see them again next time and I won't be so embarrassed about asking questions.


32 comments:

  1. Well a little curiosity is good for the soul I say. Experience your life to the fullest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ash. You do the same. How's married life?

      Delete
  2. Glad you and your husband got to go to the resort again and have some fun. I think it is nice you struck up a conversation and she had a twinkle in her eye when she talked to you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks SNP! I really enjoy my alone time with my husband, usually no matter where we are. And the twinkle in her eye was great, I just had to smile.

      Delete
  3. I think I would have asked discreetly and privately about the symbolic nature of her tat, too. Why do you suspect she was the dom? Just curious.
    Glad to hear you were able to return to the resort!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh geez, ask me the tough question.... She just seemed like she would be the one in charge. She wasn't bossy or anything like that. It was the way she implied what she did at the clubs. Who knows? I thought it was more interesting to think of her as the dom, it seemed right. Lol
      The resort is a wonderful place to be. My husband is so happy and relaxed there.

      Delete
    2. In person you would probably think the same of us. Things are not always what they seem ;-)

      Laurie

      Delete
  4. Hey, I learned something new today! I did not know there was a BDSM symbol. I'm curious as well...you know one thing that kills me? I always want to know what my blog friends look like and how they are in real life. I'm gonna end up a hung cat one day, too. ;)

    Sounds like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, I will give you a hint about how I look. I have straight, long blonde hair. Does that help? Lol I guess there are a lot of us that are going to need the nine lives of a cat because we are too curious for our own good.

      Delete
    2. And here I'd totally had you pegged as a brunette ;)

      Delete
    3. If my childdren don't be quiet and go to sleep, I may have all white hair by morning. How hard is it to close your mouth and eyes and go to sleep?

      Delete
  5. Hey, I learned the same lesson Riley did. Good for you for asking. I think most people are happy to explain their tattoos. You'll have to let us know if you meet up with them again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I explain more about the symbol in my next post. I do hope that I meet up with them again. Even though it is a nudist resort, there is no type of sexual activities allowed in public. We just happened to recognize the tattoo.

      Delete
  6. I didn't know that symbol either. Sounds like you had fun. Curiosity is a wonderful thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One thing about me is that I am not only curious I am not shy. Much to the dismay of my family, I am tend to befriend everyone I meet and I learn as much about them as I can. People are fascinating and I love learning new things

      Delete
  7. Ha! I'd be one dead cat too! I'm glad you had a chance to get away and have some fun! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Next time you and J are coming with us and we can be dead cats together. Lol

      Delete
  8. I'm really surprised about the symbol too. How did you know about it? I'm the curious type too (okay, nosy.)When I was married to the ex, he would talk about his coworkers, and when I asked questions about them, he would always say "I don't know." 15 minutes after meeting them, I would know their whole life history.
    I'm like Riley; I'm really curious about what bloggers look like, and what they're like in real life. BTW, a few weeks ago you asked if I was going to start my blog again. I never had one.
    That's great you were able to go back to the resort. Is it near your home?

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kiki, I thought that you had a blog for awhile cause you seem to know everyone and they all seem to know you in this community. You and I would make quite a pair, I love meeting people and getting to know all about them. In my next post I explain how I knew about the symbol and what it actually means. The resort is less then an hour away from where we live but it isn't cheap to visit so we only get to go once in awhile. If my husband gets his way, he would retire there. Lol

      Delete
  9. Add me to the list of commentators who learned something here. I had no idea what that symbol was! Might be a good thing to know...Anyway, I'm glad you got to have a little vacation. It sounds like a beautiful place. I don't see anything wrong with being curious, I would be more worried if I wasn't! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, you hang around me long enough and you might learn something new. Lol. I am always the one who seems to be learning so this is different for me. The resort is absolutely beautiful and my husband is so grateful that I will go with him. It's a win-win.

      Delete
  10. Ah, Blondie, you make me curious to know what you are curious about, but I truly hope we don't end up with a bunch of dead kitties around here because of all this curiosity!

    I'm really rather bad about remembering names sometimes, and rarely bother to associate names of singers and song writers with their songs and albums; actors' names and movie titles with the movie; authors or book titles with the book. I know, weird. I know some, if I learn it casually, but I make little effort to do so. My work used to require extensive, continuous memorization, association, and recognition of names, titles, groups, symbols, etc., that I think I shut that down a lot outside of work.

    So, here, in blogland, in order to try to keep everyone straight in my mind, I conjure up images of what I think you all look like, using clues you post about yourselves. It was easy for me to "create" an imaginary real-life Blondie. You've posted some physical descriptors of yourself, so I simply un-animated your bunny cartoon avatar, tweaked her with some mental imagery, and voila! Blondie, in the flesh.

    I'm so glad you are at ease now and enjoying your retreats. Keep us posted about plans for future clubbing!

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you going to go clubbing with me???? We would probably get each other into some trouble I bet. That's a pretty interesting description of me. Usually I am described as the lady with the long blone hair and all the kids. Lol

      Delete
    2. Lol! Blondie, *I* am the lady with the long, (dark) blonde hair and all the kids, too!

      Oh, I have no doubt we would get each other in trouble. Blondie, why are you trying to get me in trouble?? Lol!

      My man hasn't said as much, but I think he'd love it if I told him I'd like to go to a nude resort or check out the "club" scene. He's kinda shy sometimes, not nearly as casual at home as I am, but he's also a rebel and likes to try new things. He keeps me guessing about which way he's going to think about things, so I don't know that we would actually go if I could bring myself to ask, but he definitely would enjoy me talking about it and where that might lead.

      Irishey

      Delete
  11. What a cool story! I admire your courage; I would be too chicken to ask. I've never seen that symbol before either. I'm glad you had a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joanie. Be careful hanging out with me, I am not ever too shy to ask questions. My kids hate that I do this. But I don't tend to worry that I might offend someone or that they might not like being asked. Maybe I should. But I am a people person and unless my husband told me I couldn't, there was no way I wouldn't ask her about the tattoo.

      Delete
  12. I didn't realise either. Now I'm going to be checking out people's tattoo's left, right and centre lol.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't just look for tattoos (though that could be fun) but look at jewelry, key chains, t-shirts, car ornaments, everywhere and anywhere. You might be surprised to see the symbol where you least expect it.

      Delete
  13. I'd be pretty curious myself actually!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Uh oh, another friend who needs all nine lives. Lol

      Delete