
Let me tell you that I suck at being submissive. I really tried but it just isn't in me. Plus, I think Ty had a difficult time with my submission because that isn't the wife he knows and loves and married. I don't like being told what to do, how to think, or how to behave. I am, though, open to suggestions, hints, and just being asked.
So we go back to the basics of what we are looking for in our relationship. What is important and why, what is attainable and is not, and what Rules"can agree on.
Oh, did I happen to mention that I just don't have it in me to really be submissive.
Since we have started this thingy, everything has changed and for the better.

I am his partner, we are a team, we respect each other and wet work together. I have given him the 51% decision making but he listens to me now and will be the first to admit that my thoughts are right. But if he makes a decision, based on what we discussed, and I am unhappy with it, I need to support him and not whine about it or get mad at him. And that little temper issue and pouty issue has to stop. It has really helped because we now listen instead of just shooting down each other's opinion. It also has heighten communication as we continue to grow. It takes us both, working together to really see things 100%. Most of the time, I speak and think with my emotions and feelings. Ty is the logical one. Not always, but most of the time.
With a relationship, such as our, there has to be boundaries for each of us. There also has to be an understanding of why the rules are important and how they make our marriage better, and how it helps us both to become better spouses. . Ty isn't going to try and be a dictator or try to micro manage me. Our rules, like I have stated before, are what we call the 4 D's. That is Disrespect, Dishonest, Dangerous, and Disobedient. Ty follows the same rules as I do, except for the Disobedient. He is to treat me with respect, always be honest, and not do anything that can harm us or our marriage.
I asked him who he was accountable to and he said that he was accountable to me. If he is breaking those rules, I can tell him, warn him, and, last resort, pull the 51%/49% agreement. Just because I do not like the way he acts or I am mad at him, being respectful is always necessary.I wouldn't consider me totally "un" submissive though. Since I have some issues that I need some help with, we have decided that I will be accountable to him. He will spank me when I mess up. Plain and simple. Unfortunately for me, I tend to overcommit, not finish things, get a little snarky, or just plain ol' not do what I should do, I can't prioritize and when frustrated I am really not nice to him. I have a list of things that I am supposed to do daily. Plus I am in charge of our calendar, making sure the kids and us get to where we need to go. These are the kinds of things that some people wouldn't understand what is do difficult for one to do but I struggle with these simple tasks. This relationship is what has helped me. That's also where the consequences come into play. He has my permission to spank me when I mess up. And in return, he cares for me, protects me, leads me, and makes sure that I am on the right track, and he makes me feel safe.
Ty calls me Stinkerbell, that is why I am using her pictures.There is a part II of our agreement, saved for the next post.


Blondie,
ReplyDeleteSounds like good talking going on there, Ms 49%
Meredith
Ms 49%, I love it.! Even though he has the final say, and this is about big issues, not like on groceries or kids, he listens to me and really takes into consideration my feelings. It works, most the time I happen to be right.
DeleteI knew you'd come to an agreement eventually. Most of the time, we just want to make sure they hear us and sometimes we have to talk a little louder. :-)
ReplyDeleteTy always tells me that the louder I get the less he hears. That just irks me and I want to kick him. But if I respectfully, tell him to get his head out of his ass, I get his attention. Sometimes more attention then I wanted
DeleteTalking, talking, and more talking! I had no idea how much talking and communicating a successful relationship takes! :D
ReplyDeleteSome of our best talks are at night, while we are cuddling and just feeling love for one another. Sometimes that doesn't work being in bed and trying to talk because he gets distractive. We still have our Tuesday Night Date Night, except now it if on Wednesday. No kids to distract and time to make all the noise we want. This is a firmly established time.
DeleteHow nice you've found a way around this tricky stuff. I will be patient and wait for your next post to comment.
ReplyDeleteGood Girl,
Han
Patience is a virtue my friend. The opposite might be one of the deadly sins?
DeleteBlondie,
ReplyDeleteI know I've said this before, but there was never a doubt in my mind..I knew you both would work this out! So happy for you, and I'm looking forward to reading more :)
Big Hugs!
I am going to just have to have you on speed dial, so I can call you when Ty and I are not getting along. it's nice to know that someone is believing in us
DeleteI'm right there with you. I've always thought I wanted to be submissive - but it's never what Nick has wanted. We get along well and I'd say were 50/50 on the decision making, we're just in charge of different decisions. He made it clear when we began that he didn't take me to raise and I was responsible for my own decisions. He is spanking now mostly for one reason - I need it to continue to feel good. I rarely get snarky or fail to treat him with respect. My biggest 'sin' is withdrawing and going silent - that's what I do to damage our relationship. It's subtle and he rarely notices, but maybe it's getting better.
ReplyDeleteWe are only 49/51 on the very big things. Besides from that, well I just take care of things daily and he does his part. I am trying to think of an example of a big things but most of them are too personal. Wait, I remember one, car shopping. He and I both had a favorite. So we just talked about it. He gave me his reasons and I gave him mine. He decided that neither of the cars were what we wanted. I was not happy at first. But now I have this great car that is better than the first one. I didn't whine or pout. We had agreed to him having the final say.
DeleteGreat post there kiddo
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post tremendously .
Bob
Thanks Bob. So happy to see you back in blog land and posting again.
DeleteIt takes a LOT to say it like it is my friend! You two found what works for YOU BOTH, it's hard to ask for more than that =)
ReplyDeleteWell I could ask for......... just kidding. I don't think a trip around the world will get me anywhere. So it is what works for us and it is nice to feel really good.
DeleteThe trick for everyone is finding what works for the two of them...and you have done that. It is not always easy...Congrats.
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Thanks Abby. We use to start and stop all the time in the beginning, trying to figure out what this whole dynamic thingy meant. There is no rule about changing our minds and doing something different or new. It is only about what works for each couple.
DeleteGo Blondie and Ty! You found what works for the two of you and that is all that's important! Congratulations!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
Well for the time being. Ya know I might decide that he needs me to be the spanker. (I know, it isn't going to ever happen. Ty would never agree to that)
DeleteAm really enjoying reading about how the two of you are growing. Finding out what works for you both is key.
ReplyDeleteHi Blondie, so happy to read this. Glad you and Ty have found what works for you :)
ReplyDeleteHugs
Roz
Blondie,
ReplyDeleteYou seem to have found what works for you two. Happy.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
Hi Blondie, glad that the two of you have sorted out a way forward, looking forward to part two
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
That sounds pretty darn good. i'm glad you've found a way that works for you two.
ReplyDeleteGlad you have worked things out!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you two are in a great spot right now! So happy for you. :)
ReplyDeleteThis is so good to read Blondie! I'm glad you two have come to an understanding and you're finding what works for you. If you don't mind my asking, how does Ty feel about following up when you mess up? I end up in a tailspin because I feel awful about not being organized enough but that is exactly when Luke backs down. He feels like I'm hard enough on myself. It can get into a crazy circle really fast. How did you explain that being held accountable made you feel better?
ReplyDeleteThat is what is so great about ttwd it can work for everybody there is no hard fast rules.
ReplyDeleteGreat post! I needed time to relax and laugh and this post helped. We maybe kindred spirits! I am a non-submissive-submissive. :) it's nice to be able to define our own relationships isn't it. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete