I use to be very, very careful to not say words that I didn't want repeated. I still abhor the c--t words. It just is a word that I find offensive. Luckily there are no dd consequences for swearing.
That is right we are so bloody kind up here.. More likely you can't hear us swearing from behind our scarves and balaclavas ( look it up, it isn't a yummy dessert from the Middle East...lol)
Blondie...think "toque" and you're in the same ballpark.
I bet if you asked Willie about her hydro bill, pop, her favorite mickey, how to say the last letter of the alphabet and "Canadian Bacon" you might get an opinion or two.
Okay Blondie, did the rating expletives come to mind after trying to keep the chore list done at 100%? I myself use GUMMY BEARS! Grandkids repeat everything. I'm not getting blamed for any of those other words!
Lol. I am giggling so much I can't even think of how to respond to your comment. I use more expletives trying to figure out dinner or waiting on kids (who are late and making me late) than anything else. But Crikes that list is tooo long!
I dunno, Willie. Sounds like a fairly accurate description of you, but far be it for me to assume which feisty, opinionated Canadians Blondie is excluding, or why. I was nodding over her reply to Es May - until I had to snort at the last few words. I'd say, just own it! ;-) ♡♡
Lol, a lot of Canadians are very kind, always say hello, drop everything when a friend is in need, try not to pass judgment, BUT we are very protective of loved ones or against perceived/intentional slights or hurts, will rally around anyone in the community that has been wronged, and we DO lock our doors. Lol. And you can't go skiing here in the summer as soon as you cross the border. ;). Was just telling Leah the other day, last year we had a low here of -37 in the winter, and a high of 103 in the summer. ;). But yes, we are human, there are lots of toads and severe grumpies among us, and that DOES EXCLUDE Willie. :). And almost every Canadian stereotype you have ever heard is wrong. Lo! Our mounties do not wear their red suits while on duty, only to special ceremonies. :)
But, of course I love you! You're one of the very best reasons why I stuck around this crazy land in the beginning, and you're responsible for bringing me back after my long hiatus. That'll teach you to come looking for me! ;-) (Thank you again for that, sweet Blondie. Hugs!)
No. Nice is more like pleasing, agreeable or delightful. And kind is being of good or benevolent nature of disposition. Willie, you are kind but you need to be nice to poor Maryanne. Lol. I love dictionaries.....
Just to be clear, I was only excluding sweet EsMay in the feisty part.... The other Canadians I know, well they are kind but definitely not passive. Love ya Willie
Irishey, I know you can always read the undertones in my comments so there is no need for clarification. I am still unsure about the Canadians and what their personalities are really like. It's their healthcare system and lack of guns that keep them so nice. Right C??
Wilma, I really do think that you are one of the kindest and nicest and caring person I have ever known. And I love your feistiness. I need feisty friends like you to keep me on my toes. We should go out and have some Canadian bacon some time and definitely drink some mickeys.
Katie, I am laughing pretty hard too. Irishey and Wilma keep me on my toes so I have to give them a bad time whenever I can. Lucky for Irishey that she is not Canadian. But the UK and Ireland have some words that seem a little harsher than here in the US. Stay tuned, things may continue here. But I am about to write a new post which will probably not be funny but will stir things up. Lol
Uh. Oh. B, I know when you decide to stir things up, you have tons more paddles at your disposal with which to stir the pot than anybody else in ttwd-land. Probably more than most of us combined, even counting pervertsbles. We all should take this declaration very seriously! :-)
Hey! Your last sentence almost made me forget the rest. How did I get paired with Willie in THIS one? It sounds like you think we're a tag team. Lol!
You know, I might have Canadian in me - all mixed up in my muttly heritage. Plus, I'm kind!
I've heard tell the Irish invented swearing, but I probably didn't inherit that gene. It might be a learned skill. ;-)
I just got my hair done, so maybe right now would be a good time for youtube. But those darn Canadians are probably getting ready for bed while here in California, the sun is shining and kids are outside playing. Not a cloud in the sky. Glad to see that you live in the US so I am not insulting anyone else. Passive Canadians probably wouldn't even know what to do if we did offend them. Lol
Hi Blondie, Sorry to pour a very small glass of cold water on an otherwise very funny blog and comments, but, in the Land of Oz a "donga" is a penis! Hence one of our rarely used but much beloved expressions "...about as useful as a dead dingo's donga" ie: completely useless. (the dingo is our wild native dog)
Hi Downunder. Thank you so much for commenting. It is great to see a new name. I have to tell you, your comment actually has made this madness even more funny. How Dr. Arthur Fuckingham-Wallace could not tell the difference between an ass and a penis, I have no idea. He may need to return to medical school and study the body's anatomy. Thanks again.
BA HA HA HA HA…. Donga?? I don't even know what that is supposed to mean. LOL
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing Blondie :)
Callie
I have never heard the word donga before. Those down under have some interesting words
DeleteHahahahaha.
ReplyDeleteAs long as you are laughing at the post and not at me...... ;-)
DeleteDamn, drat, crikey, phwoar. That's funny!
ReplyDeleteThose are some funny words to say the same thing. And I actually use three out of four of those words.
Deletehahahaha Thanks for the giggles Blondie!
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
No thank you for all of the giggles. You are the best!
DeleteGosh, The Irish are a bit much!! lol
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xx
I would like to know how they pronounce the word phwoar
DeleteFunny! Wonder if there are those who aren't allowed to say those 'words!' LOL
ReplyDeleteI use to be very, very careful to not say words that I didn't want repeated. I still abhor the c--t words. It just is a word that I find offensive. Luckily there are no dd consequences for swearing.
DeleteHaha! Thanks for the fun post :)
ReplyDeleteKim
I love to find funny things - gotta love the internet
DeleteThat is right we are so bloody kind up here.. More likely you can't hear us swearing from behind our scarves and balaclavas ( look it up, it isn't a yummy dessert from the Middle East...lol)
ReplyDeleteIf you are going to make up words than you might as well share their meaning. Do Canadians ever have opinions? Lol
DeleteI don't know. LOL
DeleteBlondie...think "toque" and you're in the same ballpark.
DeleteI bet if you asked Willie about her hydro bill, pop, her favorite mickey, how to say the last letter of the alphabet and "Canadian Bacon" you might get an opinion or two.
Don't you start with that Canadian Bacon talk again!
Deleteha ha ha! so funny
ReplyDeleteFunny, just not sure how accurate. I still think phwoar is a made up word
DeleteLooooooool ya twat haha
ReplyDeleteLove it x
crikey girl! I still like the saying "shut the front door" or as my oldest and his friends use to say "snap"
DeleteHere I'll give you one see if you can find someone to interpret for you
DeleteMinger haha
Oh and see you next Tuesday but think that one is self explanatory hehe
DeleteOkay Blondie, did the rating expletives come to mind after trying to keep the chore list done at 100%? I myself use GUMMY BEARS! Grandkids repeat everything. I'm not getting blamed for any of those other words!
ReplyDeleteLol. I am giggling so much I can't even think of how to respond to your comment. I use more expletives trying to figure out dinner or waiting on kids (who are late and making me late) than anything else. But Crikes that list is tooo long!
DeleteI'm Canadian, yet with friends from different countries, I find I say Crickey a bit, lol.
ReplyDelete{{{hugs}}} EsMay
Are Canadians really as kind and passive as we are led to believe. The Canadians I know are sure feisty and opinioned! Well present company excluded
DeleteYou mean present company on this POST excluded right?
DeleteI dunno, Willie. Sounds like a fairly accurate description of you, but far be it for me to assume which feisty, opinionated Canadians Blondie is excluding, or why. I was nodding over her reply to Es May - until I had to snort at the last few words. I'd say, just own it! ;-) ♡♡
Delete;-) @ Es May!
Lol, a lot of Canadians are very kind, always say hello, drop everything when a friend is in need, try not to pass judgment, BUT we are very protective of loved ones or against perceived/intentional slights or hurts, will rally around anyone in the community that has been wronged, and we DO lock our doors. Lol. And you can't go skiing here in the summer as soon as you cross the border. ;). Was just telling Leah the other day, last year we had a low here of -37 in the winter, and a high of 103 in the summer. ;). But yes, we are human, there are lots of toads and severe grumpies among us, and that DOES EXCLUDE Willie. :). And almost every Canadian stereotype you have ever heard is wrong. Lo! Our mounties do not wear their red suits while on duty, only to special ceremonies. :)
DeleteHa! Love it. ;-)
ReplyDeleteAnd you love me too, ;-)
DeleteBut, of course I love you! You're one of the very best reasons why I stuck around this crazy land in the beginning, and you're responsible for bringing me back after my long hiatus. That'll teach you to come looking for me! ;-) (Thank you again for that, sweet Blondie. Hugs!)
Deletehmmmm. i'm not from canada yet i'm excessively kind. ask anyone. :|
ReplyDeleteloved this. m.
Kind, but CLEARLY not HUMBLE. snicker
DeleteBe nice....
DeleteDon't you mean KIND?
DeleteNo. Nice is more like pleasing, agreeable or delightful. And kind is being of good or benevolent nature of disposition. Willie, you are kind but you need to be nice to poor Maryanne. Lol. I love dictionaries.....
Delete*POOR* Maryanne? Clearly you don't KNOW her very well....bwahahaaa!
Deletecute...thanks for sharing :-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteHugs back at you.
DeleteJust to be clear, I was only excluding sweet EsMay in the feisty part.... The other Canadians I know, well they are kind but definitely not passive. Love ya Willie
ReplyDeleteChuckle! I knew it! Rotf.
ReplyDeleteWait - is there another Es May? The one I know is sweet AND feisty. Right, Es May, right?! ;-)
Sure, lol. I can be when needed, actually, quite fiesty when called for. Lo!
DeleteEsMay, don't burst my bubble and tell me that you can be feisty.
DeleteIrishey, I know you can always read the undertones in my comments so there is no need for clarification. I am still unsure about the Canadians and what their personalities are really like. It's their healthcare system and lack of guns that keep them so nice. Right C??
DeleteHaha, thanks for sharing. Learned a few new words. It's so funny to read words I hadn't heard before. :)
ReplyDeleteI keep learning new words all the time. A lot of them I can't tell my kids the meaning of but I can sure use them when needed around them.
DeleteWilma, I really do think that you are one of the kindest and nicest and caring person I have ever known. And I love your feistiness. I need feisty friends like you to keep me on my toes. We should go out and have some Canadian bacon some time and definitely drink some mickeys.
ReplyDeleteLOLOL Blondie! :) Thanks for sharing. I learned a thing or two. Too funny. Many hugs,
ReplyDelete<3 Katie
Katie, I am laughing pretty hard too. Irishey and Wilma keep me on my toes so I have to give them a bad time whenever I can. Lucky for Irishey that she is not Canadian. But the UK and Ireland have some words that seem a little harsher than here in the US. Stay tuned, things may continue here. But I am about to write a new post which will probably not be funny but will stir things up. Lol
DeleteUh. Oh. B, I know when you decide to stir things up, you have tons more paddles at your disposal with which to stir the pot than anybody else in ttwd-land. Probably more than most of us combined, even counting pervertsbles. We all should take this declaration very seriously! :-)
DeleteHey! Your last sentence almost made me forget the rest. How did I get paired with Willie in THIS one? It sounds like you think we're a tag team. Lol!
You know, I might have Canadian in me - all mixed up in my muttly heritage. Plus, I'm kind!
I've heard tell the Irish invented swearing, but I probably didn't inherit that gene. It might be a learned skill. ;-)
Hugs, B!
This is too funny! Now if there were only a youtube video to go along with it.......
ReplyDeleteI just got my hair done, so maybe right now would be a good time for youtube. But those darn Canadians are probably getting ready for bed while here in California, the sun is shining and kids are outside playing. Not a cloud in the sky. Glad to see that you live in the US so I am not insulting anyone else. Passive Canadians probably wouldn't even know what to do if we did offend them. Lol
DeletePffft. Ready for BED? I am about to EXERCISE..you know the thing you took up at the start of Lent so you could also GIVE IT UP at the start of Lent?
DeleteHi Blondie,
ReplyDeleteSorry to pour a very small glass of cold water on an otherwise very funny blog and comments, but, in the Land of Oz a "donga" is a penis! Hence one of our rarely used but much beloved expressions "...about as useful as a dead dingo's donga" ie: completely useless. (the dingo is our wild native dog)
Hi Downunder. Thank you so much for commenting. It is great to see a new name. I have to tell you, your comment actually has made this madness even more funny. How Dr. Arthur Fuckingham-Wallace could not tell the difference between an ass and a penis, I have no idea. He may need to return to medical school and study the body's anatomy.
ReplyDeleteThanks again.