I have of list of chores and errands to run and I seem to only be getting 90 - 95% of it all done.
I will have myself in a panic right before Ty gets home, trying to finish up everything. I don't always make it and this is really annoying him. Ty thinks all my work should be done by noon. If I just focused and followed the list, everything would work out. Then in the afternoon, I would
have time to run errands, pick up kids and cook dinner. And if I
get all of my work done, I can have time to do things like be on the computer, read, text or even paint my nails. But the kids are away in the morning, the house is quiet and this is when I have a clear mind to do the things I like. Unfortunately, my afternoons are pretty busy running kids around and doing whatever errands have to be done that that I don't always get back to my chore list. On Tuesday night, Ty decided to MAKE HIS POINT and to let me know that only 100% is okay when it comes to doing my chore list. Did I mention meal planning is on my list. Blah!
Guess what? Yesterday, Wednesday (the day after Tuesday night)I did 100% plus!!! Let's see if I can do it again today.....


Hope you can too. I'll be here cheering you on.
ReplyDeleteThanks for cheering me on, two days in a row!!! It actually feels good not to be stressing out
DeleteJack and I have constant and continual run ins concerning the laundry. I like that idea about restarting the dryer.
ReplyDeleteMeredith
Dryer restarting is a terrible habit but it works (just don't tell Ty my secret). The boys laundry is really overwhelming. They are all big. I don't usually wash their clothes, they wash their own but the towels they go through - AAAAHHHHH!
DeleteThe buzzer just went off for my dryer. I better go and fold clothes. They are whites which means tons of socks :-(
Hi Blondie, I am so opposite to you, I charge round doing everything so I get more time to read later. It makes me work faster and focus, especially if I have a new book on my kindle! I always feel so guilty if I have stuff waiting :( I hope you get todays chores done
ReplyDeletelove Jan.xx
In my dreams. I think that Ty will add to my list if I get them all done real quick. Oh, oops, I shouldn't have said that. Lol.
DeleteI did get my chores done, early actually. It felt so nice to have a relaxing evening with Ty without feeling guilty
Geez, getting 90% done sounds amazing to me and I don't have kids at home anymore. I do work outside the home though. Honestly, back when I was a stay at home mom I think it was harder to keep up without all. Working has a pretty set schedule. Kids set their own, daily. Love the little buggers but good grief, lol. Hope you can juggle it all and Ty understands it's not a walk in the park!
ReplyDeleteGood luck,
Clara
Can you please tell Ty that 90% is really good. Lol. I was just speaking to a friend of mine who was expecting baby number two and was so worried because she was already having a tough time keeping up with baby number one, who is 4 (she is going through the tireds part of pregnancy). I tried to assure her that she can't expect a clean house when her gets are there all of the time.
DeleteThe reason Ty and I came up with a schedule is b/c I always felt that no matter what I did it never seemed like I did it. So now I can cross off my each thing I do and then I feel like I did something. That is why I always tell him I want to go to work, just so I can complete a project and see the finished product now - not in twenty years.....
I can totally understand and empathize with you, I restarted my dryer for the third time today, I'm awful about that..you know I only do it to get all the wrinkles out ;) I need to better prioritize my time too, it's becoming an issue. Good luck getting everything done today :)
ReplyDeleteI only do it to get the wrinkles out too (and to make it look like I am doing laundry - shhhhh). I got everything done two days in a row plus all of the extra errands. Yay me! Having a schedule really does help me get done what I need to do and there are actually some real easy chores like getting the kids to school on time, take meds and make bed. But then it gets more difficult.
DeleteWell, if it helps, I believe you can do it again! :) :) I have this rule on my vacation days, and it really helps me to be relaxed the rest of the day instead of having my chore list hanging over me if I wait. I hope you find a way to keep up with it. :)
ReplyDelete{{{hugs}}} EsMay
I DID IT! Yay me, two days in a row.... While on vacation my list is condensed. Ty thinks that if the rest of the family are on vacation I should have a vacation of sorts too. And on Fridays, my list is a lot of catch up or finish up kind of things. I can do this! Three days in a row, is that asking too much.
DeleteOkay, my neighbor just called and she needs me to watch her five year old who is home sick from school, so she can take her three month old to the doctor (without an appointment) because he is really sick. Of course I would do anything for her but these unexpected things make it hard to plan a full day around. I wouldn't trade this for the world though.
Congratulations Blondie! Sending lots of positive energy for your continuing success! :D
ReplyDeleteHugs and Blessings...
Cat
Thanks Cat! I feel it, I did 100% yesterday too! Friday through Sundays are pretty much just basic adult chores like taking kids here and there and keeping on the kids to clean up after themselves. Ty is good at cattle prodding.
DeleteHugs
Oh Blondie lol I can totally relate to that, the running around at the last minute trying to get things done and not finishing. I try to so that, and try to finish by noon so I get the other things done, truth be told, it's rare that it works out round here, but hey I try lol
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for you you got things done and am here cheering you on, of course with my head the washing machine, sorting through my huge pile of clothes :)
Hugs x
I will be cheering you on too. I hope, for both of us, that when noon arrives we will be breathing easy. Darn laundry, always getting in the way.
DeleteI bet you can do it....but i so get the procrastination thing. May you should remind Him that 70% is considered a passing grade....or not..:)
ReplyDeletehugs abby
Oh that's a good one, 70%, hmmm. But we expect at least a B from our kids, so I will have to try for a B and see if Ty will go for that. I doubt it but it will give him a good laugh.
DeleteI do the same thing, always in a rush to get everything done in the afternoon. Except Rog doesn't care if I get my chores done, I'm always just disappointed in myself at the end of the day:(. I know you can keep it up, it's just a matter of making it a habit to do our chores in the morning!
ReplyDeleteKim
I can see that. Part of the reason we made the chore list is so that I would feel like I actually did my share of the work and that I can complete a work list like one does at an outside job. But it has turned into me pleasing him which I could say is disappointing when I don't. Hope some of that made sense. Thanks for reminding me of why I have this chore list. Truth of the matter, if I call Ty and let him know what is going on and why I can't finish things up, then he doesn't think that I was just not working. Things come up that are unexpected. Blogging doesn't count though
DeleteYou can do it! Maybe you can even carve out a bit of that morning time for yourself if you got to the house stuff earlier.
ReplyDeleteI know...a very irritating thing to say from someone who is up at o-dark-hundred...but if I wasn't my house would be a disaster. I am constantly astounded at how all of you moms keep up with everything and everyone.
I do get up really early. An hour before I wake the first round of kids up. Half of that time I spend with Ty and the other half is me just trying to not fall back to sleep. Part of my problem is that I get overwhelmed easily. If I walk into the kitchen and I can't see the sink and the counters, I get kind of panicky. I will walk away till I can actually face that monster. That is part of the procrastination that I do. Avoidance. Ty keeps reminding me that some day we will miss all of this chaos. I look at him like he is crazy. Teenagers are slobs!
DeleteLove that last picture! I can just see myself doing that :) Good luck to you. It is so hard to stay motivated, but I always feel so much better when everything is done and I can read or whatever with no nagging to do list in the back of my mind!
ReplyDeleteI am positive you will be able to continue...you are doing great. I have only myself to answer to as we do not have rules as such, but it is so nice to have a list to cross out one by one. I go through spells...sometimes I am highly motivated and at other times 90% is welcomed. :-) Right now I am feeling inspired to exercise, eat healthy, do home projects that have been low priority like organizing the office and basement, and taking time to enjoy things that make me happy...and have been getting lots done...hope it continues for me and you! :-) Hugs
ReplyDeleteWell I know what you are NOT doing during the day...chatting with me. Might I add that this development is putting a real kink ( and not the GOOD kind) in my days as of late. Pfft. (And yes of course it is all about me despite the fact this is your blog!)
ReplyDelete