Things have kind of returned to normal in blogland, so I decided to make my old posts public again instead of hiding them. While reposting them, I accidently posted some posts that weren't ready to be listed and some were never going to be. Aaaachh! Thanks to Wilma for giving me the heads up. Sorry for any confusion. I have deleted those certain undone ones.
I could make a list of all those blonde moments, especially the ones that get me into trouble.....
Unfortunately for all of you, I am not going to embarrass myself by sharing.
Does anyone else have a chore/job that they absolutely dislike? Mine happens to be planning dinners. I can never figure out what to make. If I know what we are having, well then I can make/fix dinner. Just choosing what to make is my dilemma.
Ty says that he will sit down with me on Sundays or Mondays and we can work on a weekly meal plan. Unfortunately, this hasn't happened. I cannot believe how busy we have been. 
I can't really complain about our paddle shop. Ty has been making paddles like crazy! It's all of the other stuff. The stuff involving kids. Church, sports, schoolwork and driving kids all around. We just can't sit down and work on a menu plan. 
Tuesday nights are still our official date night. From 6:45 to 8:45, the kids all need to be anywhere but at home. There is some griping sometimes but Ty is very firm about this. Tuesday nights are not for talking. Tuesday nights are about spankings. My poor red butt. Usually, Ty catches up on all the things that have been happening in the past week. I don't know about you but over his lap is not when I think clearly. He is so strict with the Sirs and all the no moving, etc. But if it has been a good week (rarely ever happens) we do the fun spanking. Tonight, I am sure that he won't have any problem thinking about the past few days. Attitude, Attitude, Attitude. And that I cannot blame on any kind of blonde moments. But I can try say I was having a blonde day and that is why I didn't finish my chores. Did I mention that I get in trouble for that a lot
These are not the spankings that I get when I have really messed up and that is one that I will not forget for a long time. Like forgetting 2 doctor's appointments and it costing us $300.00. You might remember that post. I haven't forgotten the spanking.This is a painful spanking, for a fun one. It hurts a lot and sometimes it is unbearable. Ty hopes that it will remind me to get my act together till the next time we have a spanking date.
This picture is for me, don't mention it to Ty




Enjoy date night!!!
ReplyDeleteWell it ended well. New top three offenses - procrastination, forgetfulness and attitude
DeleteI hope your date is a 'goodish' one. We started sitting down doing menu plans on Thursday nights ( the grocery sales start Friday), just as a way to be involved with each other. Shall I start forwarding them to you? *wink*.
ReplyDeletelove w
Heck ya, forward any ideas you have. Luckily Cat sends me gluten free recipes so I can even make those for Ty. Our sales start Wednesday but Tuesday nights, there just isn't time for menu planning. And we did have a "goodish" date night. Great word
DeleteI like your Tuesday date night. I meal plan every week and this week and I'm thinking "what made me think I'd want to cook that after a long day?"
ReplyDeleteI have this problem that I go onto pinterest and pin all these great meals and then I call Ty and ask if he could bring home take out or we have quesadillas for dinner. Lol
DeleteMaybe we can do a blogland meal plan. Everyone can write up one of their favorite meals. That might help.
Hey Blondie, I hate meal planning too. Like the idea of your Tuesday date nights. A good way to keep you both connected and focussed.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Roz
Our old marriage counselor would be so proud of us for having a date night once a week. He was always suggesting that. Staying home and having the kids leave is much more affordable. And well spankings are not usually acceptable in restaurants. I don't think the counselor would understand how we reconnect though.
DeleteI hope you had a good date night.
ReplyDeleteI really need one of those recipe books.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
Can we get some kind of blog thingy where everyone can post a favorite (yet easy) meal. That would help me so much. Date night ended well even if my bum still hurts
DeleteLOL about that cook book:) Hope you have a good date night Blondie!
ReplyDeleteWell as Wilma says, we had a "goodish" date night. Lol
DeleteI hope you enjoyed your date night. I need to have a regular time to count on each week with my husband. Anyway, I understand about the meal planning. I try to make plans for the week on Friday and then shop for groceries on the week-end...if this happens great...if not then deciding what to eat becomes a struggle for me and my eating is also not as healthy as a result. Speaking of which time to put the freezer meal in the slow cooker for tonight...hugs!
ReplyDeleteWe must be related. You have the exact same meal planning problems as me. We need to do something to help each other out here in blogland.
DeleteOur marriage counselor, that we use to have and went to for almost four years before DD, was always suggesting that we have a set date night once a week. We never had the money to make that happen - and we didn't want to spend that much time together. But now, Tuesday nights are the one night we can count on that is just for us. Even the kids know that they are to find something else to do for a couple of hours on Tuesday night. It works
I hope your date night turns out better than expected. I love that he has that rule about the house being empty, what a great way to keep a habit going and ensure privacy. :). Hope some of tonight is fun for you at least.
ReplyDelete{{{hugs}}} EsMay
It is a great rule and we have only had to cancel one time in the past nine months. Sick kids, too ill to be sending away from home.
DeleteIt really hurt in the beginning. I guess I have some things to work on.
But he ended things really well - on a scale of 1-10, he would get an 11
Hey Blondie...so happy to read that your date night went well.
ReplyDeleteAs far as meal planning...here are some 'helpful' hints:
- Don't plan more than 1 (2 if they are very simple) new recipes a week.
- When you put together your grocery list for the week, plan your meals.
- When meal planning, plan things that will 'play off' one another. (e.g., night 1 = roast beef and veggies, night 2 = hot beef sandwiches, night 3 = beef stew).
- If each member of the family has a few favorite meals, try to plan one favorite per person per week.
If you need some ideas or help, email me...maybe we can both find time in our schedules to help you sort things out.
Hugs and Blessings...
Cat
Dare I ask...was it a fun Tuesday night or an ouchy one?
ReplyDelete