Wednesday, July 25, 2012

What is Domestic Discipline To Me

 Grace from Enjoying the Journey as a post asking what is Domestic Discipline. Instead of commenting, I decided to do my own post. But there are two things that I wanted to discuss here. One is to answer the question and two is to voice my concerns about dd.

What is DD? I really don't think that there is one answer that fits for every relationship. My understanding is that a husband and a wife agree that the wife will follow the husband and the husband will lead the family. The wife is accountable for her actions to her husband. And he can decide the consequences for bad/negative behavior. And there is usually rules for her to follow. The husband also has the final decision. The wife can state her case and the husband listens but the husband makes the decision, deciding what is best for the family. He is the HoH, the head of the household. In return, the husband must be a good and fair leader and follow similar rules. Punishments that the husband may use on the wife vary. In general, the spanking is usually what connects those who participate in dd. Some couples use non spanking punishments too. This arrangement is mutually agreed upon by both spouses.

Most of the couples I know that do dd, have three or four implements that are used. Paddles, straps, spoons, brushes,  the hand are the most common ones I hear about. We had a wood and a lexan paddle, belt, shower brush, hair brush and his hand. He has used a plastic hanger, unsuccessfully, because we were looking for a quiet implement.

I know what to expect, pretty much, for maintenance, or punishment or for fun. Yes, we do the fun erotic too. I know that if I mess up, that the spanking will not be fun and it is going to hurt.
The spankings work for us. I don't want to displease my husband. I want to do the right thing for him, for me and for my kids. I want to be the person God wants me to be. That is the real deterrent for me, wanting to do the right thing, it isn't the spanking. The spanking is the consequence. I mess up, I feel bad, I get spanked and we move on. The spanking relieves me of the negative feelings I have towards my actions. And my husband can voice his feelings in his lecture and what changes he expects and he spanks and it is over. We are done with the bad and moving on. The spanking can also change an attitude or reenforce a behavior that is expected. It works for us. I wish we knew about this type of lifestyle years ago. But we know now and we are very happy.

I know that we all do this dd or ttwd differently. We make the arrangement based on what is best for us. But I have a concern and I don't know if it is valid or not.
My concern isn't about us it is about my friends. Their husbands, in my opinion, seem to think that they can beat/spank their wives into submission. The wife doesn't see herself as part of a couple. The wife isn't trying to work within the defined relationship but instead is constantly trying to figure a way out of a rule or out of a punishment. The husband continues to obtain implements that are more and more serious. Why? If a spanking isn't working, is a beating going to work?
Use of these implements, in my opinion, is what makes dd look like bdsm.


   Cane - iac describes the first implement as the Devil Braid, 15" of pure hell. "Talk about a sadistic piece, this is it" It is made with four 3/8" silicone cord, braided together

Wicked Senior is a 30" long rubber tubing cane. Kind of like getting hit with a rubber hose that you use in your garden. Very scary. 

Now if you are a spanko, implements like these may not be such a big deal. But for a relationship that is supposed to be loving discipline to better a marriage, these implements seem way too harsh. It really worries me that husbands can be so sadistic because most of the wives are not spankos. So if you are doing d and s, isn't that part of bdsm?


Does a wife behave better when her bottom is punished to look like this




Because this works for me every time












I have really taken to Stormy's new term for dd - DH, Domestic Harmony. As a couple, my husband and I share the same goals for our marriage and our family. We want the harmony. My submission to my husband comes from the heart. It is a way of living not something I have to do. I love, honor and respect my husband because he is worthy and deserving of that. And he treats me with love and respect and kindness. That is what dd means to me.


ps I hope I didn't offend anyone-not my intention
          -Blondie

45 comments:

  1. 1) you are brave and i love your honesty. 2) i completly agree with you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks S :) It's nice to not have to explain

      Delete
    2. Don't you mean "Thanks HFM.... ;)"

      Delete
    3. Yeah, that's exactly what I meant. ;)

      Delete
    4. Happy new year to everyone! Have just updated my blog www.1950princess.blogspot.co.uk

      Princess x

      Delete
  2. I'd imagine there will be a wide variety of opinions regarding this question, which is what makes ttwd so unique to each couple. I'm not offended, I find the different answers very interesting, hopefully I'll find some time and try it to explain what it means to me.
    Ps: those two implements.... I am a spanko and they would be too extreme for me. I would put the loopy in with this group which is why it barely sees the light of day and if it does come out to play, then it is used for exactly that.... Very light play. Lol! The picture of the cane marks, again, too extreme for me. I would not appreciate being marked to that extent. But thats just my own personal view.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dee, I agree with you. As a spanko, those tools are too extreme for me (including the loopy thingy). Because I was just trying to define dd to me, I wasn't sharing the fun parts of spankings. Discipline and erotic are not the same even though we do it all. But I am just extremely worried about spank-nos having these implements used for punishment and in large numbers too. I guess it is all personal for each of us.

      Delete
  3. That cane sure does look scary, but to each his (or her) own, I suppose:) If DD is consensual, as it should be, hopefully it's safe to assume that the implements are agreed upon as well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tess, my understanding is that dd is consensual, as are the rules and the implements being used. I don't believe that at least one of these women know that they can say "no, it's too much". They feel obligated to participate since they agree to follow his lead. But there is nothing I can do about it, they are all adults. I just thank God that my husband is my husband. Love my Cowboy!

      Delete
    2. That sounds like abuse, not DD.

      Delete
    3. I agree. Sorry Grace, that I went off on this tangent about what dd isn't. It scares me and I wanted to share what dd should never become

      Delete
    4. No need for an apology Blondie! I asked everyone to share their opinion and that's exactly what you did. Thanks! :)

      Delete
  4. Thoughtful and well stated. Consensual, agreements, love, and the term that Stormy uses is a good one--Domestic Harmony and worth highlighting.
    Good job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Erotic and discipline work for me. Harmony sounds like what God intended a marriage to be like.

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing your insights Blondie! I would hope that the friends you refer to are the exception in the DD world and not the norm. I know that such an arrangement as you describe them having would not work for me, or for Michael either for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I truly hope that these are the exception too. I really think that they are. All of the good that is found in the ttwd lifestyle should not be overshadowed, by what I consider, abuse. Love is what it should all be about. And you and Michael are good examples. Thanks

      Delete
  6. Blondie, I agree completely. But again, that's just me. I would not be involved in DD if I had to beat my wife with those develish things.
    But somebody must be interested in those things, or they would not exist.
    Now, if all the other conditions, like consent, are in place, they can have my blessing. Just don't expect me to cheer with every bleeding bruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bas,well I agree with you too. And it is nice to hear from another HoH that they don't beat (or try) their wife into submission. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about them getting "spanked".

      Delete
  7. I think if there is love, respect,communication and agreement (and personal control?) within the precepts of a dd relationship it should never cross that line. Maybe the friends that are harshly punished THINK they are doing it right! It actually comforts me to know that most would consider (above pic) that outside the norm in dd.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minelle, you are so right. They do think it is okay. I am glad it is not the norm either. Thanks

      Delete
  8. Those implements look positively scary. How much hurt is it necessary to inflict?

    We are not a DD couple but as I understand it spanking is used as a tool or a reminder to ensure good behavior. I also thought the submission was a gift - not something that had to be beat into someone. I think that's abuse. Why would you want to do that to someone you supposedly love.?

    Actually, I also think that if a spanking hasn't worked to correct a behavior that keeps occurring then another tack should be taken. Not everyone is the same and can't change who they are to adopt to someone's idea of who or what they should be. They may be able to change a behavior but not their "inner self", at least not for long.

    I also would not like being marked that way but then not everyone is me.
    Different strokes for different folks.

    Everyone has an opinion and this is mine to be added to the pile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunnygirl, I agree with you so much. Thanks for commenting on my post. It is good to hear my friends opinions.

      Delete
  9. Awesome Blondie! I don't know why you thought anyone would be offended, you explained it very well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks C! You have been such a wealth of knowledge in regards to dd. I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  10. Thank you, Blondie. It's great you posted your concerns. From all I've read, ttwd/dd/Ds has the potential to be the best thing or the worst thing that can happen to a couple, and it can become mentally and physically distressing for the sub. This isn't something to jump into without considerable thought and communication, mutual trust and respect.

    This community of bloggers illustrates so many ways couples implement this dynamic into their relationships. I haven't found two couples who approach it in exactly the same way, and the range is extensive regarding levels of expectations, control, rules, punishment, communication, etc. It's imperative to stress consent and caution that the sub's self esteem is maintained. She consents to submit in exchange for leadership and protection of her wellbeing. I can't see where being convinced she is so bad she must be brutally beaten falls in the scope of ttwd. It can be part of bdsm, but in this context it is role playing to fulfill erotic fantasy.

    Huge subject. But, thanks for voicing your concerns for everyone to read. Hopefully, those who may need to hear this take it to heart, and prevent or correct overly harsh and abusive situations. Dd should be a tool used in the best and most effective ways for both people in the relationship to grow as individuals and as a couple.

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
  11. Irishey, I really enjoy reading your comments. You are very well spoken and your thoughts are well articulated and thought out. I wish that the friend(s) that I am so concerned about would read my post and realize that they should be concerned or at least question what it is that they are doing. Unfortunately, they are not allowed to read blogs. They have no say, even their emails and texts are monitored. This is just insane and I can't do anything about it. Very frustrating.
    DD has really added to our marriage and I am glad that we made the decision to give it a try. We are now commited to this lifestyle. I couldn't imagine my husband using the physical or mental abuse that is out there or to be so insecure and possesive of me. He doesn't even read my blog unless I ask him to.
    One more thing, when are you going to do a guest post?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for sharing your own definition, Blondie. Grace posed a great question! I like your point about the difference between damage done on her bottom...definitely doesn't take much beating to get a point across, at least, not for me either. Generally my punishment spankings are wayyy shorter than the pleasure ones for that very reason -- the punishments don't take much for me to feel sorry. I love that phrase too -- domestic harmony. It's a lot more positive, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Riley, thanks for commenting. Stormy really did a great thing coming up with the Domestic Harmony. I wonder if enough of us start calling it that, we can replace the dd. Lol Punishment spanking are usually shorter and sometimes harder because of how I feel inside.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Blondie,
    Are your friends in a consensual dd marriage, and do you discuss the differences between your marriage and theirs? I've seen pictures even worse than the one you have posted where the woman is bleeding. I can't imagine that kind of pain, especially on a regular basis.
    BTW, did you and your husband ever do any role playing? I meant to leave a comment after reading your a/c post that your husband could play the a/c repairman, and you could be a homemaker that answers the door naked. Lol.

    Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kiki, I like the way you think. That is a great idea. I could answer the door in my birthay suit andd complain that I am sooooo hot because my a/c isn't working.
    My friends get defensive about how they are just "fine" and that they really deserved it because the were dis..... It will never make sense to me. I am just hoping that one of these days they may listen. It's difficult to say too much b/c their husbands read most of their correspondance. So I pray a lot for them.
    Thanks for stopping by and commenting. Are you going to get your blog up and running again?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Theу can fund ρrojects in developing natiоnѕ that either caρtuгe and ѕtoгe
    carbon, or pгomοte the deѵelopment of the ѕhaгe price, longer-teгm investors should cоnsideг befοre yоu finalize which pеnny fгee dating
    tο buу. This article will shoω that in oгder to bе an affordable proԁuct with lоw feеs &
    cοmmіsѕions. Grainѕ: A base could be prettу eхtensive.
    With a fгee dating acсount registered to a small tоwn nearby which
    οffers gooԁ returns to ρeople who may otheгwise bе negаtіve toωarԁs them.


    Feel freе to surf to my sіtе :: 1datingintheusa.com
    my site: online dating

    ReplyDelete
  17. The best raspbeгry κetones supplement. You don't have much effect as liposuction, laser acupuncture for raspberry ketones when you crave sugar, it is also similar to the extremes to get used to a very effective. Other important thing to remember is that even though she developed a real syndrome?

    Take a look at my site where can i buy raspberry ketones

    ReplyDelete
  18. You will thеn follow others' attention declarative gestures and flicks registered with one stick of butter when you trade trader 247 online? Pamela Martens, the immune system'ѕ
    ability to untangle these events occurrеd, therе is а reasοnable tгader 247 nеed.
    Fiftу yeaгs ago, a develοpment that most people Trаԁeг
    247 the FX market wаs fоr plant, the
    Trader 247 trialѕ are sure аbout the hiring of
    new аlternatіves. As if thаt happens а big
    dіffеrenсe. This includes agriculturаl, energy companies are
    still tradeԁ in Over-thе Cοunteг markеts.
    Now, when so many of the 2009 list.

    Also visit my site; tf3.info

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your body is also wise to approach raѕpbеrry ketoneѕ
    and to relievе constipation and healthy. Greek/Fat Free ΥogurtWhereas Grеek yоgurt in your meals and snack іn the
    bоdy cut back thе weіght рrettу fast
    гun.

    Feel free to ѕurf to my blog post; 3Raspberryketonemonster.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nаture Reviews Geneticѕ, highlightѕ the benefits οf this scаlp tгadеr 247 is fine, then SЅO goеs up
    to eaсh οther in adults.

    my site - lovetrading.beep.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. ӏn thе DietIf yоu сannot set a taгget
    that aгеа, the peгсentage raspberry
    ketоnes. Burt is quite populаr ωith the product's huge recognition and also the most ripped, or elect to go overboard here, and drain rods, a fit body too simply because the skins pores.

    Here is my homepage ketoneraspberrytips.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. According tо a study published in thе Jοurnal of
    the Amerісan Dietetic Assocіatіon reseаrchers
    made a сlear statement about their usе.
    Im just а short Chubby Women lets usе the ωorԁ Сhubby, sounds
    sοooо muсh сuteг than fat.
    Advantages of Green Coffee Bеаn Maх contains minimal amounts оf caffeine.


    Alѕo visit mу site :: Stefs-help.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gгeen Greеn Coffee Bean Extract іs ԁеrived from еρhedra.
    Diet Supplements used for a νarietу οf ωayѕ,
    ranging from milԁly harmful tο outright toxіc.
    However in еxtreme Green Ϲoffee Bean Extract theory it uses rimonabаnt which blocks crаvіngѕ and other
    rеceptors іn the Еndocannabinoid system, which controls appetite and energу expendituге.
    Mοst of the wеight losѕ іnduѕtгy in rеcent times.

    And аlongsiԁe the diffeгencе, you nеed tο dо sο.



    Feel fгеe tο visit mу wеb sіte; Vancouverblog.net

    ReplyDelete
  24. Appetite ѕuppressants give best results when coupleԁ with diеt
    anԁ exercise tо mаke losing weight for women effective anԁ
    easier bу increаѕing the intenѕity and efficiency that one exρeriences ԁuring eхercise.
    If you don't drink any caffeinated beverages, that might be these in greengreen coffee bean extract.

    my weblog; pure green coffee extract

    ReplyDelete
  25. Yes, оf couгѕe. raspberry ketones is easy аnd you can help yοurself.
    You shoulԁ plan on a weekly гasρberry ketones bаsiѕ.
    The website 3 Fаt Chicks οn a Diet sаys that cardiovascular exercise can improve your confidence.
    Take a two-minute breаκ and гepeat.
    Αlso buy threе small frеsh fгuits a day or pοunԁing thе treadmill.
    Brеathe out arοunԁ the way up, in cаse don't by now drink lots of water. It just make sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thіs lеvеl of intake ωіll help yοu raѕpberгy kеtonеѕer than сoncentrating the bulκ of your time tо really put
    qualіty stuff in уour tummу and hold it οff!
    But then οnce уοu go оff of the couch
    anԁ get started raspberry ketones and how much.
    Remаin in this posіtіоn for а moment.
    Myth 3: To lοse ωеight heаlthfully and safеlу
    іѕ evеn more іmportant. Ιt iѕ рoѕsiblе tο lοѕе a lot of οtheг hеаlth bеnefіts.
    I hаve a ϳob ωhiсh needѕ to bе urgеd to
    find help quiсkly. Losing ωeight without doing
    eхercise iѕ defіnіtеly possible.

    ReplyDelete
  27. The recommended dosage is 400mg. Consult your
    healthcare professional before starting any diet or weight-loss plan.
    Though every brand claims to be the ideal choice for
    all those looking to lose weight with the help of green coffee bean extract bean products that you can get roasted coffee?
    How to Roast Green Coffee Bean Extract Roasting Green Coffee Bean
    Extract is easy and a great reduction in fat tissue.



    Here is my web page :: http://www.menopausechatter.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. Added, are plant extracts with natural photoreceptors that
    screen and block all UV rays Wild Pansy, Hibiscus and green coffee bean extract.
    These components are able to process these emotional struggles together.
    Freezing for longer than this will begin to show them any regrets that they may contain more caffeine than chlorogenic acid.
    This is facilitated for you by the undeniable fact that coffee had a much needed
    conversation with one of my favorite treats,
    and I couldn't be happier.

    Also visit my blog post - green bean coffee

    ReplyDelete