First I need to share some things about myself that nobody else knows. Hmmmm.
1. I really am blonde. Not out of a bottle but from my Scandinavian roots.
2. We own seven snakes and yes I hold them too.
3. I was born and raised and Iam still living in California
4. I didn't have my first real orgasm till I was 40. And now I am making up for lost time.
5. I have met Clint Eastwood and Johnny Cash and had hot chocolate with Clint and helped Johnny pick out a pair of sunglasses.
6. I am very curious about checking out a BDSM club. I didn't say actually participate but to see and check things out.
7. I became a Christian when I was 32, after being raised without religion. Finding Jesus Christ and accepting him into my life has been one of the most powerful of events that I have ever experienced.
Now to award other Bloggers with this award, well this isn't as simple as coming up with things about me. Because I have met some people through the LDD network an have made friends there, I don't know if they are considered lovely bloggers or lovely friends who some of have blogs.
And then there are the ones that have reached out to me personally and I feel closer to because of that.Finally, there are the blogs I really enjoy reading because of their content or the blogger's personality. So what to do.........
I don't think that I can pick some and not the others. There has to be at least twenty different blogger friends out there that I think are lovely. The bloggers I listed are the ones that have commented on my blog and reached out to me in some way. I appreciate their support, words of encouragement and offers of help.
Mick (Husbandly Touch)
Riley (Vanilla Extract)
SNP (Slightly Naughty Princess)
Stormy (Shelter in the Storm)
Susie (Her Mischief Managed)
Should you choose to play along, here are:
The One Lovely Blog Rules of Acceptance
- Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
- Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
- Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
- Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
And to all my blog friends who I didn't mention but also deserved the award, thanks for being my friend. You all are the best.
Ya know who you are................................................

Thank you Blondie! So many of you have been so sweet with this. Now I'm trying to think of things that everyone doesn't already know about me.
ReplyDeleteHere's to finding your way out of the funk. You take good care and tell us how things are going when you are up to it.
Susie, you and I would be friends outside of blogland. I can see us running around together. Well I don't run but you know what I mean.
DeleteI enjoyed reading the 7 new things about you. Thanks for your really kinds words above. Hope you and your kids get to do something fun today in Sunny California! Let's go have a good Tuesday!
ReplyDeleteSNP, as shared before, you have been very kind and inspiring to me. Not only on my blog, but personally reaching out to me by email. Thank you for making the extra effort and sharing a part of yourself. It is very much appreciated. I know why God put you into my life.
DeleteI'm so glad you shared those things about yourself, its nice to get to know someone a little more.
ReplyDeleteI can very much relate to #4(blush), and I'm kind of jealous of #5.
I've got to also comment about #6-I'm not sure if a club would be much different than a private party, but Dave and I went to a few and they were not what you read about that's for sure. I was a bit uncomfortable and we don't plan to another. I'd be happy to share with you more if you'd like privately.
ps-I also wanted to let you know to click on my name.
I clicked on your name and my mellow mood changed. YAY!!!!!! I am so glad to see that you are back and are doing okay. I already listed you as a blog I follow. Thanks for making my day. And we will have to discuss more some time how unfair that we both share #4, and number 6 I need to hear about. Number 5, I explained below.
DeleteBlondie, thank you so much for including me, that was really nice of you :) I've so enjoyed having you as a friend, here on blogland. How cool about your snakes...wow! I'm curious to know why you were hanging out with Johnny Cash and Clint Eastwood. Sounds like a good story!
ReplyDeleteRiley, I didn't explain above really why I chose you. But for anyone reading this, I would like to explain. A while back, I wrote a blog post about something that was very personal and very difficult for me. Before Riley was even a blogger, she sent me an email. She understood and shared her experience. She reached out to me and I will be forever grateful. Since then, I have come to think of Riley as my little sister. So nobody better mess with her or they will have to deal with me. Thanks Riley
DeleteBlondie, this brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for being an awesome big sister :)
Delete(((HUGS)))
DeleteCongrats and love the cartoon.
ReplyDeleteSunnygirl, thanks for being my support bra. Lol. Seriously, you have been a great blogfriend. I really appreciate all your words of encouragement on my posts and I love your blog.
DeleteI'm with Riley. I want to know the story behind Clint Eastwood and Johnny Cash, too.
ReplyDeleteKiki
Kiki, for you, I told the story below. Probably not as interesting as a hot date with Matthew McConaughey (in my dreams). Dang, don't tell my husband about that dream. Lol And Kiki, it is nice seeing you around again. I meant to tell you that when you first came back. You too, can consider yourself a support bra.
DeleteOkay, here are the stories. When I was about twelve I was skiing with a girlfriend. My friend lost control and crashed into Mr. Eastwood. He was okay, my friend was crying. He brought us both down to the lodge and bought us hot chocolate.
ReplyDeleteI worked in a small drug store and a limo pulled up and out stepped Mr Johnny Cash. My dad and I had just watched a movie of his the night before. Kinda weird. While he was waiting for his prescription to be filled, he asked me to help him. I helped him pick out a pair of sunglasses and a magazine.
Being raised in a resort town, there were a lot of famous people that we would run into (not always literally). My sister was helping a well known singer and didn't realzie who she was, and actually told her that she was being rude. The manager wasn't really happy with my sister, who couldn't care less is the lady was famous or not. It was a fun yet very innocent time, we never realized that this wasn't normal.
Just read this . Thank you so much . Can't use my laptop right now . Too hard to post from my phone but I'll get there . Thanks again.
ReplyDeleteLaurie