Sunday, April 29, 2012

A Visual Reminder




I  no longer to I have school age children that bring home the very best Mother's Day gifts. I have necklaces, hats, plants, lots of beautiful cards with hand prints and even a cup. I have been very fortunate. I think that the excuse that my husband uses for why he forgets Mother's Day is because I am not his mother. That is a pretty good excuse, except that I always buy his
mother the cards and gifts that "he" sends her. One year, the entire day went by without anyone remembering that it might be a special day for me. Now understand I could be one of the people who say that having children is the best Mother's Day gift of all and that is true. And I am usually the type that just loves a homemade card or a day maybe without arguing. I am pretty easy to please. I always try to downplay my birthday, and Christmas has always been for the kids. So this is kind of been a special day for me. I feel like I have earned one quiet, peaceful day with my children taking notice of me.



This year I am going to try something new to help my husband remember Mother's Day and maybe he will remind the kids. I don't know is this will work and if it doesn't, I can always spend the day talking to my mom on the phone.Lol.






I am going shopping. I am going to go online to one of my favorite stores and buy the most sexiest piece of lingerie. I love shopping at Eden Fantasys. It is classier then most and I always find what I want. And right now they are having a great Mothers Day special(s)
Check it out at     Eden Fantasys    

And who knows, I may go a little farther and buy a little toy since they are also on special for Mother's Day.


When my very pleased husband sees my in my pretty outfit and asks me why I bought it, I am going to say "Honey, I bought this for you, as a reminder that Mother's Day is next Sunday." And I might even show him how my new toy works.

I can only hope that this visual will help remind him throughout the week that his wife is the mother of his children and that he might like to see her in more lingerie. I'll even send him to the site if he remembers.

So what do you think? Will this little visual reminder help him? I know that he is a very visual and sensual person. Plus, I was probably wearing something like that when we conceived our wonderful children. What if he thinks I spent too much money, guess he will have to spank me with my new paddle  Another purchase from Eden Fantasies.





I will let you all know in a couple of weeks if this little trick works or not.









15 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great idea to me. So far since they have been grown the kids have remembered mother's day. The gifts have become interesting as they seem to really want to remember me, but they have no extra money. I'll let you know what I get this year.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my kids will remember on their own. I did ask my daughter to paint me a picture, she is a beautiful and wonderful artist. I think that as a grown up my mom means more to me. I understand what she went through. I am sure that I sent her some intereting gifts. I don't care if the gift is free, just something would be nice for this momma. I espcecially want one from that 10 1/2 pound baby (all the rest were in the 8 pounds range) who I also missed my epidural with. Lol

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a good idea to me. Plus you'll get to pick out things you want. Yes, please report when you can how it all turned out! :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it is a good idea. At least I can use them again on my anniversary the following weekend after Mother's Day. I'll let you know if it works

      Delete
  3. I'll send you the newsletter I sent out to family and friends about last years mothers day

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh please do. They need all the help they can get in remembering. I think that I would also like a car window decal that says Taxi on it. And maybe a machine in the van that shows them what they should be paying me as their driver. Hmmm

      Delete
  4. Oh I think that's a very nice reminder! :) I hope you get the wonderful mother's day you deserve!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley! A day of lots of hugs and kisses and peace and quiet would probably be the best day. But I think that might be setting my expectations too high. Don't forget your mom - I remember you telling me some real nice things about her.

      Delete
    2. Hugs and kisses sound nice! I unfortunately won't be home for Mother's Day (it's in the middle of exam period) but I already have a gift in the mail for her. And yes, she's great :)

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you have a good plan! Have a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Stormy! I bet your husband remembers without a reminder and already has it all planned out - you are lucky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good Luck Blondie, I think this will work quite well. Keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope it works too. If not, there is always next year. And no matter what, I am still the mom.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a fun Mother's Day ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I hope the Saturday following Mother's Day is even more fun, being that it will be our anniversary

      Delete