This has been a real tough week for me. I have just been out of sorts. I woke up with a head cold Monday morning and everything went downhill from there. I honestly have to say, I think that my husband gets mad at me when I am not feeling well. He says that he doesn't but that he wishes I would take better care of myself. I just want to tell him to get real, there is no rest for the weary. He has just frustrated me all week. He has pushed all my buttons and because I am already not feeling well, I get myself all riled up and end of getting spanked. I think that I got at least one spanking a day this week - and most of the time I was being provoked by him. Grrrrrr.
Well I really lost it on Friday. B has every other Friday off and this was his off one. I love spending time with him and I had been looking forward to this day since the last Friday he had off. Well between having workers in our house destroying our extra bathroom and my teenagers whining to him about this and that, things went downhill fast. For the first time since we have begun domestic discipline, I actually told him to "F--K OFF". He looked at me and started laughing and said that he was glad that I got it out of my system and he couldn't wait to spank me for it later. I was so mad at him. I kept my mouth shut at least but things were rather tense for awhile. I actually emailed my friend Sarah and told her what happened. I didn't expect that she would read my email that day or over the weekend but I had to vent and she is my spanking friend that I actually talk to. Well she emailed me back and she was all over my case. And told me that I was in the wrong and that I better make it up to my husband. I think that she threw back all of my words that I used when lecturing her. Dang! But all in all, it was good to hear from someone who shares the lifestyle that no matter what, I handled the situation wrong. I did apologize while being spanked - over and over. And we did talk more about his demeanor when I am sick. But unfortunately, things for me did not return back to how they were. I believe that he said that I was being defensive, that I was being rude to him and not treating him with respect. What? Me? Maybe I was but I was still frustrated. B was getting on to me about the baseball uniforms not being all together (hats, belts, shoes, cups, jersey, etc). Now my kids are old enough to be responsible for their own things. I figure as long as they are washed and given to the child, well then he better keep track of where he puts it. The boys are 10 and 12. B thinks that I should have everything laid out the night before so we are not looking, last minute, for a cleat or a hat. I have fallen asleep early every night this week, the sinus cold got worse before it got better. And I told the boys to take of their stuff. And then I went to bed. Yeah, you guessed it..... one boy couldn't find his cup and the other one couldn't find a sock and his hat. And their games were at the same time, so they couldn't borrow each other's either. So my husband, who can find anything, decides to make us all sweat it out, looking for these items. And when we are late, I get a little frantic. Especially when the boys get distracted from looking because the TV is on. So my husband mentions something to me about how he always says that we should make sure everything is ready the night before. And, again, I lost it. Another brutal spanking, thank you very much.
And today was not a whole lot better for me. One of the boys had another game today (a makeup) and not only did I have to wash his uniform (90 degrees on Sat.) but my husband lets him sleep over at a friends house so I am stuck looking for the clothes that he was wearing and had taken off in different rooms. This morning, the hat was missing. I was trying to pack the cooler and the kids had used up the ice cubes and had not refilled them. And I was being peppered with questions from the other kids about when will I get home, and if they could have a ride, or what could they eat.... ). My husband was outside washing the vehicles, ignoring all of the commotion. And when he made the comment to me, as I was walking past him, about making sure that everything was laid out the night before, I DID NOT TELL HIM WHERE TO GO, I just bit my tongue and told him that I would meet him there. And off I went with my ballplayer and his brother and sister. I told the other two boys to ask their dad about rides and money. They are teenagers and had just woken up.
After the game, my tone of voice and my attitude were not the best. And once again, even though I tried really hard, I got spanked. We had to be quiet so he is experimenting and used a plastic hanger and the wooden spoon. We haven't really tried these implements. The first time he spanked with the spoon, it didn't hurt at all because, apparently, he hadn't wanted to accidentally swing too hard. Since it didn't hurt, we never tried it again. The last and only time he used the hanger, I hate it because it felt like the handle was hitting my tail bone. And this happened twice today. If I am not careful, it will probably happen again before I go to bed. I sure hope that a good nights sleep will bring back my husband - the one who leads, who helps, who calms and who doesn't provoke me. I also hope that in the morning I will have returned to my nice and submissive self who doesn't tell him where he can go. The workers will return but I feel much better.
Oh by the way, my husband just asked for some loving and I unfortunately responded that if he wanted any of that, he better tie me up because I am just not feelin it.
He told me that I should let my blog friends know how submissive that I am being. What?



Love the picture. As for the boys I agree with you they are old enough to be responsible for their own stuff. Hubby should be getting on their case - not yours.
ReplyDeleteWe tried the plastic hanger - had the same problem with the thingie hitting the tail bone and the other way it kept hitting the thighs. Not fun either way. After we broke a "cheesy" wooden spoon we graduated to a "harder" variety and it does hurt. Don't encourage him.
Hope your sinus infection/cold is better and good luck in getting through the week spank free.
Thanks for your kind words. So far, so good today. B woke me up with lots of loving kisses and kind words. Even a nice hot cup of coffee. I am feeling so much better then last week. Off to a good start. Even if it is only 9:30, I am doing good.
DeleteBlondie, you're in my prayers! I hope you have a better week, with no getting in trouble at all! (me too, I was in trouble almost every day this past week, today included). We can both do this, okay? Hugs, girl! :-)
ReplyDeleteThanks K. What are you doing getting into trouble? The best (and only good) thing about Mondays, is that is always feels like a new start. Stay out of trouble. Lets see who can make it the longest..... Hugs to you too
DeleteSounds rough. Lynda accuses me of being mad at her for being sick. Perhaps I do because her judgment becomes poor, her depression comes back, and she does things that make her feel worse.
ReplyDeleteWe have similar rules for our boys and their clothes. If they want them clean, they can jolly well keep up with them--plus, they know how the washer and dryer works.
If Lynda were getting a spanking every day for over a week, I would stop and reexamine things because whatever we're doing is not working. However, since you're the recipient, you might want to think real hard about what about having a cold is causing you to have such a bad attitude and what can you do to fix it.
I hope you get well soon--that sounds like the most important thing to fix.
Mick
Mick, I read your irst paragraph over and over. Have you been talking to my husband? Those are almost his words exactly. I am thinking about what is wrong with me when I am sick. I really need to figure out what I can do so as not to be so short tempered with my family when I don't feel good.
DeleteMaybe a nice spa vacation would help.
Usually with the kids and their uniforms, I would be the one to make sure and follow up on them getting their clothes laid out and ready to go. For four years in a row, all five kids were playing soccer. At that time, I really had to teach them to be responsible for their own uniforms. I would make sure that they had their stuff all laid out the night before. But since I didn't feel good, I wasn't even thinking about planning for the day ahead. My husband hates that my lack of preparation sends everyone into a panic.
Thanks for the kind words. I feel so much better today. I am back to wanting to get everything done and make sure that the household is running smoothly. I do not see any spankings in my near future.
Blondie, feel better and I hope it is a better week!
ReplyDeleteSNP, thank you so much. So far, so good. I like what the new day has brought. It is so nice to feel like my own self again.
DeleteI have to second Mick, Blondie. I think part of leading is leading the entire family. Daddy likes to help the boys learn responsibility, too. Long before Daddy & I were a couple, my kids, from the time they were 5 & 8 were responsible for making sure their clothes were gathered & in the laundry, and were responsible for putting their clothes away.
ReplyDeleteBut Daddy also did something I have never experienced before. He actually takes the boys out & plays with them, because he says I need some time to myself everyday, to do me stuff - not house stuff. And when he knows I'm stressed, or not feeling well, he steps up and lends a hand without being asked to, runs interference with the boys, takes over cooking or helps, just something to lighten the load.
June, boy I must have cast a real bad light on my husband and kids. Sorry. All of my kids help with the launry. And the three teenagers are all doing their own. Unfortunately, their clothes don't always make it into their drawers but every Tuesday, their rooms look 100%. When my sons get married, their wives will like me just because I am teaching my sons to do their own laundry, do dishes, cook meals and even sew on their own buttons. They also know how to be polite, open doors, listen and speak honestly yet kindly. Their father is a great role model. Believe me, if my husband was not as involved in the child rearing, we would only have one child not five. My husband loves being a dad, a teacher and a coach. Our children bring us great joy and happiness (and frustration and gray hair). He is a hands on parent. Sorry if I made his out to be the bad guy.
DeleteLike Mick said, I am more like his wife where I don't function well when I am sick and it probably drives him crazy. They were not major spankings, well except for when I dropped the f-bomb. They were more like "get your act together" spankings, kind of like a warning. My poor bottom was not communicating well with my brain. Lol
It sounds like your husband is a great dad also. I love a man who is a great dad
Submission and sickness do not go well together. Unless I'm tied to the bed with exhaustion, I'm a hard one to live with when I'm sick b/c I insist on doing as much as I can.
ReplyDeleteYou get better.
Thank you for understanding me..... I would have to say that you and I are a lot alike (again) when we are sick. That would be a great title for a blog post "submission and sickness do not go well together". So true.
DeleteI am feeling so much better already. Ready to face the week without my head feeling like it is going to burst.
Thanks
Blondie, I hope you're feeling better this week. ((hugs))
ReplyDeleteThanks Jacquie, all the good wishes and thoughts must be working cause I am feeling so much better. Hope it last through another busy week.
Delete(((hugs)))
Hi Blondie, Just found your blog! I hate to say it, but I get mad at Husband when he is sick. I always feel like he's a big baby when he's sick and we all have to tiptoe around him and cater to him. I feel bad but it really is true. :(
ReplyDelete~Subbie from http://mydsmarriagejourney.blogspot.com/
Thanks for stopping by. I think that it is ironic that the majority of males act like big babies when they are sick and yet we all kind of accept that as how it is. I use to tease my husband that it was a good thing that he was sick before me cause I might be tempted to treat him the way he treats me. Lol.
ReplyDeleteI will be stopping by and visiting you now. Thanks for commenting
Okay, when I saw that picture at the end I just lost it, sitting here at the computer cracking up, my kids wanting to know what I'm laughing at. Oh, um, nothing, go back to your video game!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like neither of you have been at your best and that's often a recipe for disaster, as you've found out. I hope you're feeling better and that this week goes a lot more smoothly!
Yeah that was not a good week. Good thing that we bought can discuss it and find some humor in it. He actually helped with placement of the pictures since I was having a hard time cause I have never done it without a mouse before.He had a great laugh at the last picture too. He knew that that thought crosses my mind at times. Total submission I am working on. Some days are better than others. Old habits are hard to break and I am very stubborn. As he says, I am submissive when I want to be. Which I am really working hard on, especially the respect part.
DeleteI am feeling so much better today, full of energy and spunk. The spunk part might get me another warning so I need to get it out of my system before he gets home. And then, thanks to Mick's reminder, I will greet him with hugs, kisses, my undivided attention and a nice hot dinner. LOL
Glad to hear you are feeling better. I think the boys are old enough to get the uniforms together themselves. I hate to say it but I think I would have probably responded just like you did. That being said I also got spanked at least 3 days last week that were not maintenance spankings so don't do as I do.
ReplyDeleteI love the picture, thwat was great to see at the end of this post.
Regarding the loving.....I would have gotten tied up just for that comment, lol.
It must have just been a bad week for wives last week. iHopefully we can amke sure that the boys take care of their uniforms this week, they each have two games. I think what my husband wants is for me to follow up and make sure that they get ready for the next day, whether it is school, church, sports or whatever. My youngest is actually always the first one to be packed when we go somewhere overnight.
DeleteThis spoon thing is not good. I usually never have a sore bottom next day, and his favorite implement is the lexan, but my bottom really is sore. I should make sure that I use the spoon everyday for cooking and baking.
I wish that he had tied me up....... Too close to bedtime for the kids. Darn lol
Aw, Blondie, it sounds like things were very hectic for you. I think it's nice he took the initiative and tried to help you maintain order the night before. However, I imagine at the time, you didn't entirely want to hear it. It's hard, yes. That submission thang. I hope you're feeling better today. *hugs*
ReplyDeleteThanks. Much better this week. It's amazing how I see things so differently and things are so much easier to do and deal with when my head doesn't feel like exploding. Only good girl spankings this week for me. I know it is only Tuesday but I have a good feeling about. I am a super submitter!!!! I think my husband is laughing at that comment.
DeleteSorry to her you were not feeling well. It sounds like you are better. Good luck with the kids things this week.
ReplyDeleteThanks Zoe, everything is easier when I feel better, which I do. Well, except housework, that is always difficult to deal with.
DeleteDealing with various things from the kids, on top of not feeling well........ I'd have been grouchy too. Hopefully now that you've talked about his reactions when you're sick, this will make things easier on you in the future. And I think it's great that your kids are responsible for their own little corners :)
ReplyDeleteDee x
Ok glad you're feeling better. Not sure what is going on with email, I sent a couple
ReplyDeleteLaurie
Hi Blondie,
ReplyDeleteFirst time visitor! I came here because of your insight on Mick's last post. You were stellar imho! I couldn't wait to get over here based solely on that response.
I know you've got to be feeling better, but there were so many things I thought about, but mostly I loved your feistiness! It means strength. And reading about a 48 hour day, wow! you need it!
I will completely chime in with the point that B will in time (hopefully next time you are sick) will be much more involved in making sure that you are able to rest when you are sick. Take it from a savvy and seasoned mom, sometimes, you just have to take care of you. Trust me, the son who forgot where his cup is, if he felt the consequences just once of not having it... would know where is was every game thereafter!
KayLynn