Friday, April 27, 2012

Expectations Leads to Disappointment




I was thinking to myself about how nice this week was, especially compared to last week when I was sick. It is so nice to have a clear head. Thanks for all the well wishes. Even though it was a great week, there were a couple of major disappointments.





One of the disappointments left my feelings scattered all over the place. I was sad, mad, let down, accepting of the situation, frustrated and  more. I thought that something was a certain way and then I find out that I was wrong. It is nobody's fault in particular. We are all adults that make choices. But every time I think about it, I get like a tightening in my throat and my eyes begin to burn. And then I try to shake it off because crying will not solve anything at all. The situation has to do with friendship, dd and long distance. And it has to do with me and my expectations and what I thought was reality. I wish that I could go into more detail but it really isn't something I can share. I wish that I could because you may be able to give some good advice or share an experience that might help me.






 My second disappointment has been with not being able to really spend some quality time with my husband. Spring time always seems to bring so many more commitments. We are getting home later then usual and trying to feed our kids and get them into bed and we have been falling asleep, exhausted right after. I tried to make some time for us on Tuesday but it didn't work. My husband wasn't happy and then he was really stressed out about work too. Boy that little conversation was something from before. It hurt and it scared me. There was no spanking for me for my attitude though because he knew that he was in the wrong. Then today, I again try to cut out some time for him and it doesn't work outt. His mind is elsewhere and he doesn't think that it is enough time. I think any time that we can spend together and alone is good. We may not have enough time for a spanking and/or sex (which is frustrating for both of us) but geez, it in better than nothing. I don't need another day like this, let alone a week. Yes, it is me he reaches for at night when he is asleep. And it is me he wakes up every morning and shares his thoughts (though I am usually half awake) but it really isn't enough for me. I want more. He gives up too soon.



 So those are my two big disappointments. I thought that I was learning not to let people effect me, not to give someone the power to make me sad or mad and yet that is exactly what I am doing. The feelings of disappointment with my husband bring back feelings from before dd, so that is always worrisome. But the good news, is that he misses me as much as I miss him. Hopefully he will make time for just the two of us. When he makes the plans, that is when it seems to work out.




I decided that I better add to this post a little. Still no free time with husband but it will happen. I could always kidnap him. LOL

But in regards to my friend. She is the very best friend that you could ever have. She is loyal, funny, caring and loving.  So what is wrong then you ask? I am one of those people that wear rose tinted glasses. I think in the same way, she did too. But reality is that I live clear across the country and we may or may not ever come face to face. There are other factors involved that control our destinies. As in every dd relationship, the husbands have a lot of say and control.


24 comments:

  1. I know how you feel. I always tell myself I will stop letting things get to me ... then I get upset over something someone else does to me. I've been wondering if it's part of being submissive, the need to please and the sensitivity to others. I'd been getting really stressed about how I am before discovering D/s. I feel a lot better now understanding it a bit better but still have trouble limiting it and focusing it only on my husband and not worrying about the rest of the world!
    ... just my thoughts ... and letting you know I totally feel your pain
    Rouge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rouge, thanks so much for your kind words. I try not to be too sensitive to others. Usually I don't even notice when someone is being rude or trying to offend me, I am kind of oblivious to that. It is when I have let someone in close that their actions really affect me and I would not call myself a pleaser more the type that is a peacekeeper. I believe that a lot of marital problems in the past had to do with the quantity and quality of our time together. We have come a long way since dd.
      Thanks again!

      Delete
  2. I don't think we'll ever get over letting people effect us. It's just in our DNA, especially when we love them and want to be with them. I hope you have some time this weekend.

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK, no truer words then those you wrote. Thanks (((hugs)))

      Delete
  3. Try to enjoy the weekend, It is hard-believe me we are in a similar place. But be glad that you have standards and expectations. Feel confident in standing behind them and try not to easily compromise on them. I'll bet over time they have served you well ;-) (I totally understand this post). Remember feeling something is always better than feeling nothing because it means that you are truly alive.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know you know and understand. Thanks for being my friend. Those are good words to remember

      Delete
  4. Blondie, I hope the weekend turns out better. Glad you are feeling better health wise. There is a line in a Maroon Five song and it goes something like "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, but compromise that moves us along." So, sometimes life is just happening and it is not always fun. Hope writing your thougths down was helpful and reading the comments from your blog friends is a comfort, too. Hugs to you,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now how did you know that writing things down did help. Plus having my blog friends' responses and kind words are an added bonus. Have you ever just not wanted to compromise and just have it all? Thanks for the hugs and please know that I am sending some back to you. Have a good weekend

      Delete
  5. Life is always throwing curves. Hope things get better and you are able to carve out some time to be together.

    Sorry for the friend thing. That can be devastating because it involves trust that has been breached. Time will heal but getting through til then sucks big time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunnygirl, I should have been more clear. My friend did not do anything wrong. It was more that I thought that there was more to our relationship. I think that I had more invested and so I cannot blame my disappointment on her at all. It is all me and my feelings. She is a wonderful friend. But there were extenuating circumstances that kind of made me face some reality.
      Weekends are usually so busy with the kids activities, church, household stuff and the likes. But B seems committed to making time for me, so I am relaxing (okay, okay - trying to relax, lol) and I am just letting him work it out.
      Thanks and hope you have a good weekend

      Delete
  6. Ya know, I'm feeling quite down today myself. I've realized that there are things that I've been upset about that I've tried to bury or push aside and just move on with life as if they aren't really there at all. Problem is, they're still there, underneath it all, and that has a way of affecting everything else.

    I'm sorry that you're feeling disappointed. It's not nice to feel let down by a friend, to perhaps find yourself reevaluating that whole relationship. And I would love more time with my husband, so I certainly understand where you're coming from there. When life gets busy and stressful you need each other that much more, but often you both have less of yourselves to give as well.

    As they say, this too shall pass...and I hope for you that it passes quickly. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, thanks for the words of understanding. I am sorry you are feeling down. I wish that I could set my feelings aside too and just let go of them. Bu they do pop up and always when I don't want them around. A vacation sure would be nice. Hope you have a good weekend (((hugs)))

      Delete
  7. I hope the weekend goes better for you. It is difficult to not let what others do or say affect us. I'm experiencing that today as well, so I know it's not easy to just brush your feelings aside. I'm trying to see it as the down times make the up times that much sweeter. Notice I said trying, it's still a work in progress here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacquie. The thing about it is that I wouldn't be disappointed if I faced reality more I think. I tend to see things rosier than they are so I set myself up. Kinda stinks. You are right, it is a work still in progress

      Delete
  8. I've had some hard times with online friendship too. It hurts in a whole different way b/c you can't sit together, see each other's eyes and work things out. I'm still working on not thinking about it much b/c like you, when I do I tear up and get all sad. LOL....happening as I write this.

    Sorry you are hurting. I hope you and your husband can find some real good time together in these next couple days. Hang in there Blondie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie for understanding. You actually said what I couldn't figure out how to put into words about online friends. Don't be sad or I will be sad for making you sad. Lol I hope my husband and I have some time too. I don't think that today is looking too good since it is alreay dinnertime. Fingers crossed

      Delete
  9. Blondie,

    Hope you have a better weekend as it moves along:)! As for not caring what others think, it's hard to do, but I'm a lot better about it than I used to be. I just try to concentrate on all the positive friends I have instead of the negative ones.

    Love,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand what you are saying. And I usually see things better then they are in reality. But the thing is, my friend did absolutely nothing wrong. And she is a great internet friend. It's just that in my heart I saw us as everyday friends too and kinda looked the other way when it came to little things like the distance between us and that we have never even met in person. She is absolutely the best friend one could ask for. It is more me

      Delete
  10. It's hard learning the same things over and over again. We certainly miss our quality time huh? Sorry for your disapointment. I hope you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words. You would think that I would finally stop banging my head against the wall and try a different way.

      Delete
  11. Saying prayers that you get the time that you need, Blondie.

    ReplyDelete
  12. June, thank you. Those are some of the kindest words, especially when that is about all I can do is pray.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hope you get some 'just us' time together soon Blondie.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete