The west coast has the sunshine and the girls all get so tan...... Okay we have the sunshine but no tan. I am not ready for summer weather yet. When I was a teenager, I would go to the beach and lay out tanning myself, using baby oil. Yes, you read right - baby oil. NO SPF for me. Who knew? I wore a tiny bikini and loved to hang out with friends and play in the lake. Ahhh if only I knew then what I know now. Maybe I would have taken better care of that body.One of the real things about blondes is that we are very fair skinned. And now that we know all about using sunscreen, I look white as a ghost. No more healthy looking tan fit body for me. After five kids and an exteme allergy to exercise, the body looks a little flabby.
So bathing suit season is here in the west. I was supposed to be losing weight, planned on being in shape for summer and looking good.
OOPS. I think I need a spanking.....



have to say, even though Dave loves me the way I was, and the way I am I've decided to personally declare war on aging. I'm fighting tooth and nail.
ReplyDeleteI didn't tan when I was younger, only started sporting a tan within the past two years mainly because we now ride alot, and I now feel confident enough to wear tank tops, so more of my skin sees the sunshine and I love the look.
I don't think I look that great in a bathing suit yet, was hoping this year, but not sure it's going to happen. Maybe by season's end I'll make more progress and then shoot for next summer.
I lived right by the lake, so I was skiing all winter and outdoors all summer. Biking was much faster then driving during tourist season. Now I live hours away from there and it is so much hotter and yuchy where I live now. We spend most of our summer at the club in the pool so I live in the shade and wear sunscreen.
DeleteI think that you are doing great. I admire how far you have come mentally and physically. Keep up the good work.
PS I still don't want to wear sleeveless shirts....
The nice thing about being older, you really don't care as much. It's one of the benefits of aging. HAHA
ReplyDeleteLast summer that is exactly howI felt. At the pool, I would just visit with my friends and read books. Many of them were swimming laps and running. This year, I really don't care except my husband wants to take me to a nudist colony.
DeleteBut for now, I will enjoy the shade, good friends and a nice exotic romance.
I still use baby oil from time to time...I just can't help myself. my Sir is a butt man too, it's nice when you don't have to worry about it too much. I think we might share some allergies.
ReplyDeleteToo funny. I use baby oil after a shower, love the smell. Gotta love our butt men and I am glad that he isn't a boob one. I am not sure if it is the sweat or the energy is takes when exercising that I am allergic to. But I think that I am eveloping an allergy to teenagers too.
DeleteWe've had a couple of people in our family pass away from skin cancer. So, we all use sunscreen these days. I have a friend who tans all the time, year round, and I worry for her. Yes, I agree that a tan looks nice, but to me it's not worth dying. Now, as for whether my backside needs tanning or not, I guess that's left up to Michael's discretion! lol
ReplyDeleteSkin cancer is terrible and I am always checking things out. My pooor father is 100% Finnish and he couldn't tan if his life depended on it. So I am glad that he has always used protection. Three of my kids are lifeguards but they have my husband's olive color skin. Lucky! Buy as for the weight loss, that was more my personal goal. My husband can always think up a reason for a spanking, the spanko that he is.
DeleteI feel ya! My husband even has some Native American blood somewhere in his family tree, so he's got this amazing skin tone and the kids never burn. I, of course, got all of the Irish traits and can't be outside for 10 minutes without turning pink and freckly (is that a word?:) But...I am pretty sure being pale is fashionable now anyway, right!?
ReplyDeleteMy husband is also American Indian. I was at my sons' baseball games today and even with sunscreen and hiding in the shade my nose and cheeks are cherry red.
DeletePale skin, curves and no makeup has to be fashionable somewhere. LOL
Freckly is a great word, kinda cute.
I am a strawberry blonde and so I don't tan....just turn pink or red and then back to white. My husband plays a lot of tennis in the summer and I envy him as he stays a nice tan color most of the summer! Enjoy your weekend!
ReplyDeleteI think that maybe we need to start a support group for women who only turn pink in the sun and sport red bottoms. I would not do well playing tennis in the sun. Hope you have a great weekend also
DeleteI have a love/hate relationship with the sun. I love getting some fresh air and sunshine, but I don't want to get too much. I'm fair skinned, also. My father when he was alive had several skin cancers removed. I'm hoping I don't get it. I do wear sunscreen, but not religiously.
ReplyDeleteCute post! My mother would never let me have a bikini. I got one after I got married, but soon got rid of it. I'd rather wear a tankini.
Love,
Kitty
Wearing a tankini, you are braver than me. I want to know how you did it. You have ten children and you can wear a tankini. I need all the stomach support I can get after having only five children.
DeleteI actually had to sneak wearing a bikini. I bought it with my own money. I wasn't allowed to get my ears pierced, wear make up, date or wear a lot of clothes that were popular when I was in high school - back in the Madonna, Cyndi Lauper days.
Blondie,
DeleteYes, I have ten children, but 8 of them are bio and 2 are step.
How I did it~I started eating a plant based diet (low fat, too). Also I started working out with weights 2 to 3 times a week. I was exercising 6 days a week (running 3 days a week and walking the other days. I weighed myself once a week. I made a bar graph to keep track of my weight and it was really encouraging to see the weight come off. I started doing push-ups, too.
I was determined to lose the weight and my whole family helped out. One of my daughters was especially encouraging, helping me to eat healthy and telling me how great I was starting to look:).
Of course, Daddy helped, too. He never made me feel bad or like I looked fat, but he would encourage me that I'd feel better if I got healthier by losing the excess weight that had me in the overweight category. That was my big goal, to lose enough weight that I'd no longer be overweight.
Before I had decided to get in shape, etc. I told one of my daughters I just didn't think I could lose the weight because I was older and had had so many babies,etc. (yes, excuses, I know). She told me, "There weren't any fat people in concentration camps!" She wasn't trying to say I needed to starve, but just that my mindset was all wrong. She wanted me to try and not give up before I'd even started. I had to get in the habit of eating less. I was really surprised how much I ate once I started keeping track of it. At first it was really hard to eat less, but then I got used to eating a smaller amount.
I think if someone REALLY wants to lose weight they'll do it, but only if it becomes important enough for them to do so.
There was no magic pill for me to swallow. It took me several months of eating right/exercising to get the body I wanted. I ended up losing 50 pounds and had to get a whole new wardrobe (that was the reward:)).
It was wonderful to be able to go shopping and actually look good in clothes instead of looking frumpy and middle aged.
Hope this helps!
Love,
Kitty
I find that many men appreciate curves. I always thought it was the women who had it in their heads to be sticks, not the men! Granted, just based on my own personal experience. My boyfriend TELLS me to gain a little weight, curves are feminine to him. Marilyn is gorgeous! Jergen's Natural Glow can add a little color to a ghost...I'm a ghost in the winter myself so I know how that goes ;)
ReplyDeleteAlsoooo, careful not to get a spanking during bathing suit season if you plan on wearing one...you wouldn't want marks to show!
Personally, I think that if you look healthy than you probably look good. That is why a little color on your face and body is nice. I don't know why skinny is so popular. My daughter was brought into the counselor's office because she was so skinny, they thought that she might have an eating disorder. I told them that the only problem with her eating is my grocery bill. She could eat more than her brothers at times (not anymore).
DeleteI absolutelly live on Jergens tanning lotion during the sunny season. It doesn't streak and I can use it like it is normal lotion.
Maybe my husband should be careful not to spank and I will get away with being naughty, he would be the one who would be embarrassed by my red bottom. I would just laugh and tell people I fell. My mother didn't name me grace for a good reason (clumsy). Hmmm, this might be a real fun summer. Lol
I'm actually pretty fair skinned (even with the Israeli/ethiopian mix). I freckle and have blue eyes, my hair shows my African roots. Coming off a great trip and yes I got a good tan even with the sunscreen .
ReplyDeleteLaurie
I was wondering where you had been. Glad that you had a great trip. And yes, people who tan easily like you make me very jealous. I put 50 - 70% SPF on my children and they have beautiful tan bodies. I just love the mixture that you are. I can't wait to someday meet you and see how beautiful you are.
DeleteDon't get your hopes up;). I'm pretty "average". If I straighten my hair most people think I'm Italian or black Irish . Otherwise it's more of a hmmm " what is she . At camp it's a bonus question in the scavenger hunt. No one gets it right. When you get a minute check your email.
DeleteL
Isn't it amazing how a good spanking makes everything better? And Riley's right--most men enjoy a female body with a curve or two. It's more feminine, somehow...
ReplyDeleteFinnish and American Indian - I'm sure you both made beautiful children! I was going to say something very wise and witty but age has taken that thought right outta my head! LOL
ReplyDeleteBe true to who you are! There ya go... ;-)
I've wondered sometimes...shouldn't spanking help dissipate those extra pounds from our lower half?
ReplyDeleteToo bad there wasn't a way to make that happen. I might invite more spankings.
What's up to every one, since I am really eager of reading this weblog�s post to be updated on a regular basis. It consists of pleasant stuff.
ReplyDeletehttp://editorialmac.mx/groups/notasdehoy/wiki/ebaca/penis_enlargement_treatments.html
http://southwestbandsforum.com/forums/topic/size-genetics-before-and-after/