I am not a big gift person. I like things from the heart. And yet, I received some great presents. My twelve year old, came home early from a sleepover and he had his dad take him to the store. He brought home a really pretty bouquet of flowers and a balloon (and a Snickers bar which didn't help my diet). So sweet. I even got a nice big hug and an "I love you mom" from him. My youngest had been out shopping with his dad the day before and they had picked up a pretty glass flower decoration. It was so cute because he had accidently dropped it and a piece broke off of it. He showed me right away. And he was so relieved that I loved it and hadn't even noticed that it was broken. My sixteen year old, well he kind of just stayed out of sight. But for some reason that didn't really bother me much.
****************************************************************************
And I also received a couple of gifts that really were special to me
This is a painting that my daughter did for me. She did this by herself, free hand. She said she got the idea for one of the three pictures from something she saw. The one on the left. But the other two were hers. She is so talented.
******************************************************************************************
The other gift I received was from my eighteen year old son. This is the one who can argue about anything. He thinks that he is the third parent and he is a pretty normal teenager. Well, to me he is a pretty remarkable kid. Well this son of mine, wrote me a letter. A three page, typed letter. He wrote that it was the least he could do was write me a letter explaining to me how important I am to him. I think I got teary right then and there. And that was only the first couple of lines. He wrote that he was a "mama's boy" and proud of it. He said that all his friends call me mom and are jealous of him. He wrote things like how he is a gentleman because I taught him to respect women.
He ended his letter by writing "Other girls will come and go in my life, but the one woman who will always stay true and he will love forever is me"
And then he wrote: from:
******************************************************************************************
What did I get from my husband??????? A SPANKING! He couldn't understand why I was upset at him. He thought it was because of gifts. NOOOO! I wanted him to plan to do something or tell the kids to go ahead and do what they want. At least then, I could take some time to myself - maybe read, paint my nails, enjoy the chocolate covered strawberries a friend of my oldest brought over. I did not want to do laundry and play referee. So he can't understand my "attitude" and I get in trouble. Okay maybe I could have communicated with out the sarcasm, accusations and general defiance. But I didn't. The spanking left me more mad. It took another day for us to talk, while I was over his lap, for us to work things out. I tend to listen better and I am much more submissive when I am in this position. Sometimes I might miss a word or two if they coincide with the smacks (LOL). We are back in a good place. I love my husband dearly. He is a great man. By now, one would think that we had some of this holiday stuff worked out. But we don't.
***************************************************************************************
Hopefully my bottom will be okay before the weekend. Thanks for reading my ramblings.




I think maybe he should be spanked for not planning anything for you for Mother's Day. At the very least I should think you could have received a "Hall Pass" for that day. Boo on him.
ReplyDeleteHope all is well for this weekend.
I like the idea of spanking him more than a hall pass. Hmmmm. I am really excited about this weekend.
DeleteBlondie,
ReplyDeleteThanks for taking the time out to write about your Mother's Day. All of your children's gift were special, but 18 yr old son's letter has to take the prize. Three pages and then the ending you put in quotes-how nice! I can tell he will make some special lady a find husband one day.
Sunnygirl addressed your husband so I let her have that. Have a wonderful trip (try to relax...I know once a Mom always a Mom..you'll think of the kids, but enjoy yourselves!)
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, my son is going to be a good husband some day. Now if I can just teach him to cook he will be even better. Lol He has definitely always been a "mama's boy" but so is my husband. He is actually a lot like my husband. And he is actually the one that sent me on the journey to find Christ and to becomin a Christian.
DeleteI am trying not to think about my children because it is stressing me out already. At least there won't be much to pack for a clothing optional vacation. Lol
Wow...that 18 year old is one special boy! You did a great job. Why is it we all seem to listen better when OTK?? LOL abby
ReplyDeleteAbby thanks. He has a good role model in his dad and a mom who loves him unconditionally. He is pretty awesome.
DeleteYes sometimes otk is the only way we really open our ears.
Your 18 year old has it down. Sunnygirl is right on the money when it comes to your husband, he needs to have a little chat with your 16 year old. I love the painting. Have a great weekend.
ReplyDeleteLaurie
Laurie, you think I should spank my husband too? That could be interesting. I wonder if I would have to tie him up to do so? OOps that's kind of kinky, sorry. Lol
DeleteI love her painting too. She worked on it for like two weeks and even matted and framed it herself.
Thanks, we're hoping to have a great weekend.
Aww what a sweet letter :) Enjoy your weekend.
ReplyDeleteDee x
Thanks Dee! I really love that you stop by and read my posts.
DeleteYour daughter really IS talented!
ReplyDeleteAnd that letter would have had me in tears. That book just tears me up every time.
Thank you. I really think she is talented and she loves to paint. I did cry and he knew I would. I cry too
ReplyDeleteOhmigosh! That is one of my favorite books that I read to my kids, still makes me tear up. What a lovely gift!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that one of the best books. Another of my favorites is called "I Love You the Purplest". It's about a mom with two boys and each asks her who she loves more, one she describes as red the other blue. The artwork is amazing.
DeleteIt is a love gift. Thanks
Got to love when your kids do you proud! Make sure you keep that letter in a safe place!
ReplyDeleteMen! They just don't get it sometimes do they?! I agree with Sunnygirl about him needing a spanking!
Rouge
Thanks Rouge. Gotta love them. I like the idea of spanking him too. That would be different
DeleteYour kids are so sweet. I LOVED your son's letter, and your daughter's art piece. So wonderful :)
ReplyDeleteI didn't get in trouble on Mother's Day. Oh yeah, maybe because he wasn't home..lol.
I am so proud of you for not getting into trouble on Mother's Day. You did good. Lol Yes my kids are sweet kids, good hearts. Teenage years are tough on them and us. I wouldn't want to be a teenager again if you paid me. So I am very grateful for that I have my kids.
ReplyDelete