Sunday, May 29, 2016

In the Beginning..... Blondie's Best Advice on DD

The Nuts and Bolts of a DD marriage.

No matter what you may call it, if it is similar to DD, then I hope that I may share some thoughts on what I have learned over the years. My disclaimer is that I am not a professional or do I claim that my marriage is the way things should be. Actually, quite the opposite. Every relationship is so different, and that's where we start calling it TTWD (this thing we do). And one of the main reasons that I am feeling compelled to share is for the newcomers who are interested in starting, are starting out, or ones who might need a word of experience and encouragement.
Please know, that to make this easier on me, I am referring to the HoH as the husband even though there are many relationships where the wife is the HoH.
If you are looking for a BDSM relationship, DD is not the same. There are similarities but there are a lot of differences. In DD, a marriage is more equal, the wife does not give total submission to her husband. DD is a marital partnership where the husband is the head of the house and makes the final decisions, makes sure rules are followed, and holds the wife accountable. Believe me, this is not the same as BDSM. You can have both, like my husband and I do. I would suggest you work on the DD first before you explore the fetish lifestyle.

How to Begin:
Do not be discouraged if you need to start over and over your DD relationship. This is a journey, it takes time, ability to change and grow, and constant communication. I think that we started over three or four times. And years into the relationship, I pulled the submission card until some personal stuff was worked out and I could trust my husband again. Just let the journey happen.

I am going to assume that you are hoping that the DD lifestyle can help your marriage. It's a great reason and was our reason. You want to end the constant disagreement, lack of communication, marriage trouble, and frustration with one another. You may also see yourself as someone who wants to improve herself and would like your husband's help. So what should you do to get there?
First, I would suggest that you ask yourself why you want to add DD to your marriage? Is
Your husband someone who can easily step up to take on the role of the HoH?Is he already someone you trust to make the big decisions, someone you respect, and someone who kind of is hands on with the running of the household? Is he willing to take on the responsibility to be the final say? Some husbands are turned off by the idea because they don't want to spank there wives for punishment, They may enjoy it sexually but hitting the person you love is a tough pill to swallow. Are you willing to be his biggest supporter? Can you accept his decisions, without fuss, even when you disagree?These are some of the things you must do so he can do his job.
Being in a DD relationship should not change who you are in the marriage. Your husband married a woman who was his partner. He doesn't want a child he wants a responsible wife who continues to be the adult he married. Be careful of how you act, are you doing things intentionally wrong to get his attention and you are disappointed when he doesn't follow through? Do you want a spanking for every wrong doing you make? You can't do that. Equal marriage, he runs the house and you support him, trust him, and love him. You shouldn't want to be punished. Pleasing your husband, being a supportive wife, and to strengthen your marriage should be your goals.Your submission should come from your heart.



10 comments:

  1. Great beginning explanation, Blondie! Think there will be a lot of very appreciative newbies. Hope everything is going well with you.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Blondie,
    I'm finally back. Congrats to you on another semester down as well! Your post is interesting to me because I am very childlike but rarely childish. Eric and I have a partnership more than anything else but I have poked the bear to get him to play more. We make our way... and your advice is incredibly valuable. We begin month 11 on the 5th. It's been an interesting road - but overall, we are much closer. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post for all the newbies out there Blondie
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Blondie. Definitely a good one for all starting out.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post Blondie and great advice for those new to ttwd. Looking forward to reading more :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very useful advice, should be helpful to many who are in the should I stage and those just beginning.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good post Blondie and I'm sure helpful to those just starting out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sure this will be helpful to anyone just starting on this journey... hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. As someone who is in the very beginning stages of something, this hit home. My husband has no urge to punish me, but will spank me if i ask (just not to the point of me crying.) He has personal reasons and I'm just going to have to live with that.
    Thank you for this post. It has put clarity in my thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Blondie, :) This is a great post for those starting out, who have lots of questions. The thing that I especially liked about it, is that you provided some great questions for interested couples to think about. You are so right about it all being something that is not jumped in to, but something that needs to be rolled out slowly, with lots and lots and lots of talking! Great piece! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete