At least I am not crying now. Well maybe a little..... My daughter is on her way to England. Her first plane ride, California to England. .

She never did come home to live. But there were some warm and tender moments. I guess it does make it easier for her to break from me when she already had left me (a little bit). I don't know if I will ever really understand her thinking. It all hurt so much. Makes me so sad to think of the wasted time. And my feelings are a little hurt. She did tell me that she didn't mean the things she said, and all of that is forgiven.
The time we spent just doing some small things (like trying to clean out her room after she packed). That girl has more stuff than I could have ever imagined. I am going to miss her so much. Everyone in the family is going to miss her. She was really surprised by the love and the hugs from her brothers. I don't think that she realized how much they love her and will miss her. And her dad had a tough time not breaking down when he gave her the last hug before saying goodbye or as we say "see ya later"
Thank you all for your kind words of support. I really needed to hear from you. This is one of those times I love and appreciate my blog friends. 

Oh Blondie, I know how hard this is for you all. I hope she will be happy over here. Please let me know if she needs anything
ReplyDeletelove Jan,xx
Thanks Jan. She arrived at the school today after spending four days in Scotland, where she had a great time. She's only complained about how cold it is and that her hair is taking forever to dry. I will be in touch with you because I have a lot of questions. Thanks for your support
DeleteHow hard that must have been Blondie. I'm sorry that things went the way that they did. But, I'm happy that there was a coming together before she left for England. She will appreciate you much more when she's a bit older I'm sure. (((hugs)))
ReplyDeleteI really hope you are right. Things between us are still not great, good but not great. I hope that she finds herself there and that we will someday be back to the friendship we had so naturally
DeleteThanks
Hey Blondie...happy you and your daughter were able to work things out before she left. I am sure you will have some wonderful Skype visits once she gets settled. Hang in there sweet lady.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
No skpe there but we will figure out we will be able to chat and text. I wish we really had worked things out. There are still some issues that never got righted. At least she is staying very close to her dad so we know that she is doing well.
DeleteI am trying to hang, thanks Cat
Aw, you will miss her so much. Sorry your baby has flown. HUGS!!!
ReplyDeleteNow why can't the older boys fly away. They are older and they need to move out/on. Yeah I am missing her like crazy but I am proud of her
DeleteBlondie, so glad to hear you did have a bit of time together before she flew out. Hope everything goes well for her in England. She will be back before you know it and then you will be able to make up for lost time. Stay strong. (((HUGS)))
ReplyDeleteLindy x
Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I am still struggling with all the blow up before the trip. I am proud of her for going there and taking on a big unknown. Thanks again Lindy
DeleteI can't imagine that first step being so far away. My heart feels for you and your heavy heart. If it is any consolation, my relationship became so much stronger with my own Mom once I spread my wings. Absence really does make the heart grow fonder ( here's hoping that only extends to YOUR family *wink* )
ReplyDeleteMuch Love
willie
From your lips to God's ears. I was always so afraid to have a daughter being that I did not have a good relationship with my mother. I was truly blessed with her and it hurts like the dickens that we are at odds with each other. I hope that her adventures and her schooling will help to prepare her for life and that some day we will be close again
DeleteI know you will miss her so much, and she will too in her own way. Leaving home made me appreciate things so much and I had a second growing up spell.
ReplyDeleteI'm hoping she's going to bring some Californian sunshine with her.
hugs
DF
I don't think that the sunshine followed. She has really complained about being cold. We haven't told her that it is still summer like weather here. I hope that she has that 'growing up spell', not just for me but for her. She is brave and I am proud of her and be expecting some email from me
DeleteI can't imagine how hard it all is. :( ((big hugs!!))
ReplyDeleteThanks Elle, I really appreciate your support and your hug
DeleteSending huge ((hugs)) Blondie, must have been so hard and you will miss her. I'm sorry things weren't as you wanted them to be before she left and am so glad that you did get some time together. I hope everything works out well for her in England.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Roz
Thanks Roz, I am praying for the same things that she will do well in England. This is her big adventure and time to fly. My heart will survive (it has no choice) and I will be anxious to see how this all turns out.
DeleteI have been thinking of you, and glad to hear you guys spent some time together before her big adventure begins. Hope it all goes well for her, and do you guys go visit her at some point?
ReplyDeleteHey Blondie,
ReplyDeleteI cried when we dropped my daughter off and watched her drive off with a van full of people we didn't know. I had to make it through plan to protect at church then hang with babies for an hour. After the babies all left I went home and bawled on my bed. It was a hard day. Her youngest brother (13) likes to sit on her bed to be close to her and her other brother (15) made her cookies to send in a care package. I hope you get to Skype with her. I understand how hard it is.
Hugs and blessings,
Alison <3