Tuesday, November 25, 2014

A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving


Is there anyone else who loved the Charlie Brown Thanksgiving as much as I did. Charlie Brown has the problem, Snoopy saves the day, and Linus teaches us a lesson.

In this episode, Peppermint Pappy invites herself and two friends over to Charlie Brown's house for Thanksgiving. But Charlie Brown and Sally are going to a relative's house for dinner.
Linus talks Charlie Brown into having a dinner for his friends, using what food he has in his kitchen.
He can't cook a turkey, so they decide to serve popcorn, toast, jelly beans and pretzels. Linus offers to help and they enlist Snoopy and Woodstock.
Snoopy and Woodstock use a Ping-Pong table and chairs to set up for dinner.

Charlie Brown's friends show up and are ready to eat a Thanksgiving dinner. Peppermint Patty
 is very upset with what Snoopy is serving for dinner and yells at poor Charlie Brown. Charlie Brown walks away feeling dejected.
Linus tells them all about the importance of Thanksgiving. He reminds them that the United States was the first country in the world to make a national holiday to give thanks.
And somewhere in the story, Marcie told about the early Pilgrims who were thankful for what had happened to themselves and that we should be thankful for being together.I think that's what they mean by Thanksgiving.
Of course, a Charlie Brown special could not happen with Lucy pulling the football from Charlie Brown.









 











 


 






 

 



 

10 comments:

  1. LOL Blondie...I'm gonna get boo'd by so many but I was never a big fan of Charlie Brown who was a wuss, in my opinion and Peppermint Patty, who I thought was just so mean. I know...strange but...there you have it. :)

    The storyline does sound nice and I am happy you enjoyed it. Wishing you and yours a lovely and loving Thanksgiving.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a Charlie Brown fan and I like the story behind your holiday. I wish you and you family a happy thanksgiving.

    Han

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute podt Blondie :) wishing you, Ty and family a very Happy Thanksgiving.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh sweet post Blondie, hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the post, Blondie!! :) Back in the good old days of my childhood, it was very exciting for the family to sit around together and watch the Peanuts specials. Brings back so many wonderful memories!! Thanks for sharing!

    Wishing you all a wonderful Thanksgiving! Many hugs,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love those specials too! Though for months afterwards I had a toddler that would sit down at every meal and say, "where's the mashed potatoes?!? Where's the pumpkin pie?!?" Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. We love all the Charlie Brown specials here in my household too. :) Hope you and yours have a wonderful Thanksgiving Blondie!
    hugs,
    Cali

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just watched this with the kids last night! :-) Hope you and your family have a happy Thanksgiving! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've always loved the Charlie Brown shows. My favorite is the Great Pumpkin Patch. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cat, BOO! =)

    We just watched this and loved it like always! Happy Thanksgiving to you, Ty and the rest of the family my friend!!

    ReplyDelete