Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Needing A Spark


I just finished reading Mick's post and by the time I was done, I was about to cry.

Oh and by the way, please don't take offense by what I say about myself because right now this is how I feel about me and this is kind of one of those rambling, have to get it off your chest, kind of posts.

I read his post and thought to myself, what is wrong with me? What happened to me? Why am I unable to function like other people? And of course this all makes me sad and I even have a harder time getting motivated.

Up until about 12 years ago, I was a spit fire, there was no holding me back. I worked with my husband in our business, doing all the bookkeeping, I had three children, pregnant again. I was part of this city commission, part of the parent co-op Nursery School, Elder at our church, President of Mother's club and team mom for my son's soccer team. My house was okay, not the Ritz Carlton but we lived there in our tiny little house and the kids played all day. By night, in my exhaustion, I would do my best to clean up and in the morning I would start all over again.

I was a hard and dedicated mother and worker. My husband was always there, helping clean the house, feed the kids, get them to bed, coach a team or watch the kids while I was at a meeting. He was the person behind the scenes who was always the steady.

I have always been strong, independent, opinionated and feisty. Everything I did, I put my all into. I loved the challenge, the excitement, the adrenaline rush. My husband was the rock who I took for granted. I was in charge of the calendar and the scheduling and he did what needed to be done. And believe me, there were a lot of fast food dinners, cereal and macaroni and cheese.

And then I had my fourth child and hit rock bottom. Post partum depression hit me like a ton of bricks. I was miserable, crying all the time for no reason, struggling to get up and going and just too overwhelmed for anything.

I quit everything. Even in a small way, I quit my family. And who picked up the pieces, yep my husband. I would help my kids do their homework while I was in bed, I would read them stories, I would get them to school and then go home and climb back into bed. Finally, my husband and doctor said, no more, you need some medication.

The medication helped with the blues.. I was diagnosed with clinical depression and have been on medication since.  But I have lost all my spark. There were some real bad times when I wasn't on the right medication or suffering withdrawls. There were even times that my husband worried that he might end up a widow with five children.

And the fights we had. OMG. No we didn't fight every day for ten years. But we slowly fell into a pattern of avoidance just putting up with one another. We bickered about everything, he was constantly belittling me andwas mad that I wasn't doing my share of the work.

So much has happened in the last five years. Most of it too private for me to ever speak about. But we started going to marriage counseling and family counseling. Plus I had found a good psychiatrist and I was on the right meds and dealing better with life. But I still had no fire and I was overwhelmed with such little things as a sink full of dishes. Marriage counseling opened up a whole lot of wounds. Sometimes we wouldn't talk for days after the appointment because of all of the hurt we felt. My husband was angry, angry at me for not being who I use to be. And I was just overwhelmed at mad at him for how things ended up. I blamed him and he blamed me. And the more we fought, the worse I was emotionally.

Three years of marriage counseling, 21 years of marriage and 5 kids - we were at a standstill. Divorce was not an option for us. It is not something we will ever do. We made a promise to God and to our children that we would not end our marriage. What was left, was a marriage by name only.At least we still loved each other.

We quit marriage counseling and started dd. It was like a miracle. The biggest factors that changed were
1. He had the final say. He felt like a man and the head of the house. But now he also listened to me. We talked to each other, being respectful. What a change that was! And in the end, I knew that the decision he made was one that he had considered and had decided what was best for me and for our family.
2, A simple schedule was made for me. And because I wanted to please him, I followed that schedule and I was happy with myself. It was kind of like working at a job because I could cross out the things on my list that I had done. And whether the kitchen, or wherever got messed up before Ty got home, I knew that I had done a really good job and that was what mattered.

We found our roles. But this is kind of the weird part, the punishment isn't my motivation. Our marriage and my love for Ty is my motivation and what makes me want to do things well.

Spankings around here have a few purposes.
1. It is used as a reset button. Sometimes I start spiraling and can't focus or get my act together. Or I get all stressed out and start being sarcastic and snarky. The spanking helps to remind me that he is with me, on my side and is going to take care of me. It reaffirms our relationship. And it just changes my mood.
2. When I have messed up, like when I missed my daughter's doctor's appointment. I feel terrible. I know that we now have to pay the missed appointment fee, and reschedule the appointment and it was my job to keep track of the schedule. So Ty spanks me. He forgives me and allows me to forgive myself and not feel guilty any more.

3, 4, 5, and six...... Well spankings can be fun, erotic, paddles testing, a threat when I am being sassy. But number one and two is what has changed our lives the most.

Okay, so you are probably wondering where I am going with all of this. The problem is, I can't find the energy, desire or motivation to go and do. Laundry is piling up, there are dishes in the sink and it is the day I do the deep cleaning in the kitchen, I am soooo tired and I have to force myself to take a stupid shower. I am blah. Not depressed, but no energy. And I am just feeling miserable about myself that I cannot get my act together.

A few years back my doctor had prescribed me Ritalin. It was a magic pill that helped me get out of bed and work hard. But my new doctor won't prescribe it to me - I have no idea why. I have had all kinds of blood work done and apparently, I am pretty healthy. I try to take walks but not on days like this. And I have been eating much healthier. I just want to sleep.

Poor Ty. He works hard at his job and runs two side businesses on the side. He helps with the kids and even the housework. And he takes care of me. I feel like a burden and I know he is disappointed when I get this way. He is a good man and doesn't deserve this. He deserves a partner that is full of life and works hard.

No pity party for me. I believe that God has a plan and He will help me get the help I need. And life is so much better than it was two years ago.

Thanks for reading my venting.

53 comments:

  1. I was tired,no energy. I couldn't find an answer. I found out through a program XR MD--I had low thyroid that wasn't being picked up in the normal Thyroid test the Doctors use to test. I also found out my hormones were all out of whack. I was like a Zombie for 10 years until I found this program. Please look up on the internet and see if this might shed some light on your problem. 10 years of my life was wasted because of lack of knowledge. Please don't settle until you find something that addresses your
    particular problems. There is a real reason for the change in your behavior,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, thanks for the advice. I did go on the internet and look it up and there are some locations close to where I live. I will definitely check it out. So glad that you found the answers and are doing better.

      Delete
  2. Vent away sweet Blondie...it's your blog and you can do what you want. Just a couple thoughts...With all the up and down weather we've been having, is it possible you are coming down with something? Or is is possible that you've had a lot of overcast days and you are suffering a vitamin D deficiency? Hang in there, I have faith that you and Ty will get through this bump. Sending lots of prayers and positive energy your way.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, I forget sometimes that I don't always have to happy and chipper sounding on my posts. I hate to look like a whiner, but hey it's my blog. Lol. I know all the people on the east coast are going to hate me for saying this, but we have beautiful sunny skies lately here in California. I have been outside enjoying the weather. Still need to wear jeans and sometimes a sweat shirt. I do have a very difficult time during the rainy season so I try to soak up the sun whenever I can. This overwhelming tiredness is so uncalled for. I don't understand it at all. Thanks for all of your support. I can always count on you for a smile and a laugh. Talk to ya maybe tonight

      Delete
  3. The two replies above are good. I may be time to change doctors and insist on some more tests into some less often looked at areas like thyroid and hormones. And if Ritalin really helped before, demand to know why this doctor won't give it to you. He may have good reasons, but he should certainly be sharing that reason with you. I hope you find something to help you get your energy back.

    I'm curious, who had the idea for DD? And where did they get it?

    Hugs,
    PK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PK, can I say that I really dislike my doctor. I have gone to the office repeatedly asking for help. Their lack of concern is killing me. And Ty is really unhappy too. At first I thought that it was just that I so loved my old doctor and I needed to give the new one a chance. But after reading all of the comments and talking to Ty, we have decided that enough is enough. There are hundreds of doctors to choose from in our medical plan, so why be unhappy, right?
      We started DD without knowing that there was actually a name for it or that there were other people who were doing it. It was months later before we stumbled across dd blogs. I read a lot of erotic fiction and I was always kind of into the D/s kind of relationships. They didn't have names for the relationships in the books but it gave me an idea that we tried and we just evolved from there. Guess we were lucky.
      Thanks again for all your support

      Delete
  4. Hi Blondie
    Hope it gets better for you. I'm glad to hear that DD helps. Doctors tell us to settle for substandard health sometimes. Is there a support group you can get to? People in the same community can have a perspective on local doctors that helps.
    God bless you,
    Bea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bea, thank you for your kind words and advice. I have never looked for any support before. But I think that if I looked there would be plenty of support out there in the community. Right now, it is that balance where you have to find a doctor within the network. My friends might recommend one but it is now one that I can use. And actually the office that we chose happens to be an office that one of our friends works at. But we have never seen him. And we are not close enough to just call him up and tell him. But it is time to move on. Thanks for your support

      Delete
  5. What interests me here is your last statement.

    "Poor Ty...I feel like a burden and I know he is disappointed when I get this way. He is a good man and doesn't deserve this. He deserves a partner that is full of life and works hard."

    I would imagine, from all the things you have told us about Ty, that it is not disappointment he feels, but pain for you. There is nothing worse than seeing someone you love hurting and feeling helpless. He is doing all of these wonderful things and being a fantastic husband, and he does deserve all that you can offer. Unfortunately right now you can't offer what you wish you could. That is okay. By going to the doctor you are trying. By 'venting' to us, you are showing a passion for wanting to overcome this once more.

    Moreover I hope you can start by trying to separate your guilt over not feeling yourself. I know you can't help how you're feeling, and your energy level, but I hope you can find some way to no longer add what you perceive you are doing to everyone around you on top of your depression. Because I know even without the burden of depression this is a heavy weight to bear, and one that often can only be seen in the eyes of the beholder.

    Obviously I have no advice, and I won't offer pity, as per your request :) I will say how impressed I am at your ability to try and see that there is always an opportunity. Your determination to overcome once again, and I'm here to tell ya, I still see a woman full of life! Tired and maybe in 'slow mo ' but full of life still.And most certainly a woman working hard, physically maybe not but mental for sure.

    love ya! willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well heck, I was doing so good not crying yet this morning (okay, I know it is only 8:30) but now I am. Thank you so much for your kind words and support. Ty is supportive but this use to cause us a lot of tension. Even after the spanking last night, I am still not back. He spanked, made dinner and cleaned up. And me, I watched Idol. And he tells me all the time how much he appreciates the things I do and I just look at him, and wonder how I got so lucky to have him as my husband.
      Thanks for being my friend and pointing out some things I shouldn't forget.

      Delete
  6. I have to agree with, PK, sweetie. First demand the reason he is unwilling to prescribe the Ritalin. Everyone has the thing that works best for them, and bad meds are worse than no meds. If he cannot give you a sound medical reason for not prescribing the meds, by all means, change doctors. I know that is a trial, but if something is working for you and the doc won't prescribe it with no sound reason, he is not listening to you and that is not the doctor to trust your health with.

    (((hugs)))

    (forgive me if this double posts- but blogger did weird things and I think the first one didn't stick...so here we go....publish)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much June. I am going to be changing doctors - for sure. The doctor's office has been a disappointment since day 1. At least the kids do not see the same docs as we do. They have a great practice that they go to. But me and Ty need to change.
      Thanks

      Delete
  7. I know, it sucks when health problems keep you from being your true self. I feel that way when my auto-immune thing flares up. Four years of being sick one month out of three. just stupid. Sounds like ritalin worked well for you, so maybe a new doctor is in order. I'm holding the space for you to find the perfect solution. In the meantime, be so very gentle with yourself-- you're doing the best you can in every moment, and that's what matters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee, your words mean a lot. I was not aware of your illness, that must really be hard. I hate not being able to do what I want. And I am going to get the help. It's just hard to feel up when I am feeling so down.

      Delete
  8. Hmmm, blogger wouldn't let me do my first post, so if another one shows up, sorry about the two. :( I doubt I can remember all that I said, but I'll try.

    It can be so hard when something worked so well for you with one doctor, and another one comes along and says no. :( It is so frustrating, not only because they won't listen, but because it can change your world. It is so great to hear though that you and your husband do not believe in divorce, and that you're going to get through it together with God, because of God, your marriage and your kids. That is so beautiful, even though at times that can look messy, and heart breaking. I wish things weren't so hard for you right now, but am praying that God will use this for you. I have heard that each hard time in a marriage is an opportunity to make it stronger, so I hope and pray God uses this as another brick in your foundation. {{{HUGS}}} And I know I haven't known you long, but I like the spunk I've seen in you. I don't know how much fire you had before, but post partum depression changes you. I had a severe case as well, and I don't know that I'll ever be back to who I was. We've seen how dark the world can really look and be, how dark and deep the holes we can fall into are... it's hard to unlearn that. {{{HUGS}}} But I think the great thing is that we try. I hope that some energy will come to you soon, so have fun, to do things to please your hubby, and to please yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Es Mae, those are good words to remember. I do trust God and I trust my husband - both of them will be by my side. We have had more hard times in our marriage then I could ever had imagined. And I learned and experienced things that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. But God gave us the grace to stick together and get through it. And this too will get better, it has to, there are no other options. I just want to be full of vim and vigor again.

      Delete
  9. er, to have fun, not so have fun. Well, both if they work. ;) Sorry, got a migraine and I can't wear my glasses with one, more things may be misspelled too, sorry if they are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun is fun in my book. Sorry about your migraine, hope you feel better soon.

      Delete
  10. First off, that's what we do here. We rant and rave and at other times listen, so rant away. You have some good advice here and I agree with them that if the doctor cannot explain why he will no longer prescribe Ritalin then it's time to find another doctor. Maybe more tests are needed to render a reason for the lack of energy. Whatever it is don't give us, keep seeking answers. You would do the same for your children so why wouldn't you do it for yourself. Good luck in going forward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As usual, you are the voice of reason. Thank you for support and advice. I really appreciate it when you comment because it helps me to have the blog friends.

      Delete
  11. I agree that maybe you should get another opinion. What is happening to you is real. Your doctor should not dismiss you or your thoughts on healing yourself.
    And...I think you are being too hard on yourself. Ty is human yes...but he wants you to feel better. It isn't about you not pulling your weight. Its seeing you in pain that is difficult.
    After I had my son I had a hard time. I was rarely sleeping and I would wake up- when I was sleeping- flying out of the bed. This would then send me into panic attacks. Horrible...! I read a book that showed me how to self talk, and it helped. Whatever you need to get better insist upon. But also be kind to yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Minelle, the joys of motherhood that no one told us about. From about the time you are 5 months pregnant till I don't know when, we never really get a good nights sleep. But the depression and really the anxiety really hurt my sleep habits.
      I don't know, sometimes I don't think that I am hard enough. I know that Ty loves me and he wants the best for me. But this all thing is just too much for me and I feel this heavy weight.
      Thanks for your advice

      Delete
  12. Replies
    1. Thanks C. Hope you are feeling better and that the antibiotics are working

      Delete
  13. I think it took a lot of courage to sit down and write this post, Blondie. Thank you for sharing so much. I agree with the others who say maybe get a second opinion. You know the vows...for better, for worse,.....sometimes you are the strong one and sometimes your husband is the strong one. I think because you want to find the answers to feel better and be better then you will. We/I am pulling for you to do so! Also, as mentioned above...be kind to yourself. You are only human and being married with children in today's world is a hectic lifestyle. God's speed and I send you a blogger hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SNP, I started tearing up reading your comment. Thank you for all that you said and for all your support.

      Delete
  14. Hi Blondie, I hope you don't mind me commenting but I just wanted to sympathise with you . I agree with Wille. On the ritalin thing, over here it is used mostly for kids with adhd, and not so much either. When you write about your life we can see what you can't. You have five kids!! That is not easy, maybe you need to just relax a little bit and don't panic that you are slipping backwards, cos that seems to me to be what you are scared of deep inside. Sweetie maybe you are just having a bad patch. I'm sure Ty doesn't think of you as a burden, no one is perfect, and 20 odd years, five kids down the line he doesn't want to go anywhere. I really hope you feel brighter soon, love Janxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you commented. Thank you for taking the time to do. Ritalin is used for ADD and ADHD here too. I have been very tempted to "use" the old pills that my daughter was prescribed when there were pills left over because of a change in prescription. She takes them for ADD. But growing up, I worked in a pharmacy, and I know the horrible things that can happen when taking medication that is prescribed for someone else.
      My mother says the same thing "you have five kids". Unfortunately, I feel that I am letting them down too because I can't do all that I want. I went from teaching my older children how to play basketball and soccer to now needing a nap in the afternoons. I don't have the energy to stay up late to pick them up on Friday nights. Grrrr. Guilt, guilt and more guilt.
      But I have a call into the insurance company to change doctors so hopefully we can figure out what is wrong and take care of it.
      Thanks again for your support.

      Delete
  15. Hey Blondie
    Sorry I'm late and I see you have got a lot of wonderful support already from the lovely ladies here :)

    You know I wrote a similar post and wanted to hide afterwards, but my Dear dear Willie, found me and rallied all these lovely ladies to help me come out of my hole:)
    I understand where you're coming from. It's hard. It's hard to get up every morning and do the same things over and over and over again. Sometimes we get everything done an it's a good day, then there are those days that, just getting out of bed seems like the hardest thing ever. The feelings of guilt can overwhelm us and we feel like we fail, so why even try. ???
    Yes I know, but having all these wonderful people tell me, it's alright if we're not perfect everyday and we all go through this, makes me feel better.
    Yes I feel sorry for my husband, the same as you. But what I have been told and I'm really trying to keep it in mind, is that we have come so far from where we were and we should be seeing the positives of what's happened an not get stuck in the negative. Easier said than done I know. But one step at a time.

    I feel your pain honey, baby blues can last years, it's not just a few weeks after the child is born.
    You are doing so great, you said so yourself. Look back at your life before you started DD an see how far you've come. Maybe write it down, all the things that are great now and weren't before. Once it's on paper you can't ignore the steps that you've already took.
    Make yourself see all that you have achieved in these years. I can pull myself down and see everything I fail at, but I don't see the things I do right :)

    You know I hate spankings, but I agree I need them. I have been spanked really hard the last couple of nights, not because I have been so bad, but because hubs wants me to stop pulling myself down and be motivated, same as you I find that hard. But the spankings have helped. I feel closer to him and feel that he's there with me, helping me and taking time to deal with me.
    Ty is there for you, let him help you and if the spankings are helping, and you need it, ask for it.

    Life can be hard, as mothers and wives, we feel like we have to be perfect. On the outside we see other woman doing so much better than us, but you know if you look close enough, most of the time those perfect woman are also hiding some insecurity that they have. If god wante us to be perfect, we would not be humans.

    Your children love you, someone told me that kids don't remember how organised we were, but they remember the love they received. That's the important part. Dishes and laundry are never as important as what we give out children in love and care.

    Don't be hard on yourself. Your not failing, you're just having a bad few days. It will pick up.. I know, because I am there right with you in this head space:)

    If you ever need a chat hon, you know where to find me, I'll always have an ear to listen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, another tear jerker comment. Thank you so much for sharing your story. It is nice to know that I am not alone. I have never met anyone in my every day life that ever seems to have this problem. Or they hide it like I do. Who knows? Thank you so much and I make take you up on it and I will track you down and we can chat.

      Delete
  16. Blondie, sorry I am late to this. Thank you for sharing this with us. I hope it has helped in some way to get it out.

    There are so many good comments above. I agree that perhaps you should seek a second opinion and insist on further tests such as thyroid and hormones. It sounds as though Ritalin was working for you. If you Doctor is not prepared to prescribe it, he needs to explain why.

    Please be gentle with yourself. You are definitely not a burden to Ty.

    I hope you are feeling a little brighter and find a solution soon.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, thank you. I cannot believe the support that I am getting. Wish I had said something earlier. Luckily Ty is a spanko so he doesn't mind that part. Lol. But my goodness, he does do much more than his share.
      It helps to pretend that I am Annie "The sun will come up tomorrow....."

      Delete
  17. I don't have a clue on the medical stuff Blondie. Just when I think that my body is "mine" for a few days, it then goes and does other stuff and it's maddening. If you can afford to do it, I would also go get another opinion. You're young and healthy...you don't want to be spending time feeling like this if there is something that will help, especially something that has proven to help you in the past.

    About the spankings...we are the same way. The true "punishments" don't happen that often b/c they are not what motivate me. It can be a very fierce deterrent when necessary but I want to please my husband and we use the spankings in similar ways to you two--it clears the air and reboots me. That said...the desire to be our best means we place a ton of expectation and pressure on ourselves. Add to that what you are going through and the pressure is gartantuous. I absolutely guarantee that your husband does not see you as a burden. He may be hurting and struggling b/c he doesn't know how to best help you. They hurt when we hurt Blondie...they worry and try to solve it in their heads but they can't so they cope and help the best they can. Hold onto him and figure out together a first next step. I would guess that both of you need to find ways to be more gentle with yourselves.

    Hugs! Please let us know how you are doing...keep talking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, now you have gone and made me cry. Thank you so much for all your kind words and for sharing your experiences. It really helps to know that I am not alone and that people do care. But I bet my husband misses my little bit of sass that I usually always have. Right now, it is just hard to smile. It will get better, there is no other choice

      Delete
  18. Blondie, just look around at all these women. None of us are perfect, and the grass is the same over there as over here.

    Five children is a lot to look after. I was exhausted with just two! No wonder you are tired. And you could have a bug, or it could be the weather. You are doing so well that I am sure it is just a glitch. No one is going to go over your home with a microscope, so don't worry about it.

    If ritalin suited you then perhaps you should consider changing doctors, but over here in the UK there is a lot of controversy about its use, and how it can make matters worse over time. Is there an alternative you could take, especially something to give you more energy. Have you had your thyroid tested? Have you been tested for ME because with that you want to sleep all the time?

    Your husband sounds the best. He is certainly not disappointed in you, just very concerned. It's always hard when one partner is not well for any length of time.

    I do hope you begin to feel brighter and more cheery.

    Many hugs,

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ami, thank you. Your words make me feel like "okay I can do this" because Ami said I could. That may sound silly but I that is how I feel. I am going to go and get help. Thank you!

      Delete
  19. I'm sorry that you've struggled with this Blondie. For me, when I was feeling tired all the time it ended up being because my vitamin D level was really low. It's a simple blood test to find out and might be worth looking into. I hope that you figure out what's going on (could be so many things really, which makes it hard) and that you're feeling better soon! (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hmmm, vitamin D is also what Cat mentioned. My doctor's office just doesn't seem to care and I have to ask for any kind of testing, and I only ask because I have been researching. I will check into this too. Thanks for your support.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a new doctor is in order anyway. ;)

      Delete
  21. I agree with Wilma's comment. From what we've read of Ty, I can't begin to imagine it is disappoint he feels, but more along the lines of concern. It must be an awful feeling just wanting to feel better and not quite being able to get there. :( Hang in there, and i'm glad this blog can be an outlet to be able to vent - hopefully that helps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Blondie,
    I posted something and for some reason it lost it. I do not know if I can repeat exactly what I wrote so I will try to keep it short and sweet this time. I know I don't know you well and so many have written wonderful words of support but I wanted to add by saying that this is a place for you to share your thoughts and feelings and this is a place for us to listen and validate and be a part of your story as your friends so speak your heart any way you need to express - if you need to share a laugh, share it, if you need to vent and cry, share it...and we will be here...because that is what friends are for. And know you are not alone. We all struggle from time to time. We are not perfect, none of us are. There is no doubt in my mind that your husband loves you and I know your children adore you and will always love you. Find what works best for you to help you feel better and in the meantime, be gentle with yourself and don't give up hope. Hugs, terpsichore

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps. It feels like a hug when I read your kind words. I wish I could stop feeling mad at myself and disappointed. But I am trying to get the help I need and hopefully things will start improving soon. And thanks for commenting twice even, though only one came through.

      Delete
  23. Aw, I'm thinking of you Blondie. You've gotten so many nice comments and I agree that Ty for sure isn't thinking of it that way, that he doesn't deserve this, he does deserve you because you still work so hard and you're a great mother and wife. Everyone gets into a rut at times, it just happens.

    Also, thanks for sharing your story with us. I think it's amazing how much DD was able to do for you that not even counseling could. Says a lot about the lifestyle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley! DD is amazing and if you told me about it 10 years ago I would have been absolutely against it. Unless the spankings were going both ways - lol.

      Delete
  24. I understand. I suffer from depression and also the fatique, etc. of fibromyalgia. Even though my husband says my worth is not from what I get done or how I feel, but because he loves me, I still feel worthless if I'm not productive. I will be praying that God will help you find a way to your spark again. My Rhematologist told me "I know it's cruel to tell someone, who hurts all the time,to get more exercise and get out more, but my patients that do tend to have more energy and less pain. I joined an all ladies gym with an indoor pool. It is easy on my muscles, joints, and tender areas. I have found myself having a bit more energy. My rules have started involving more about self care than housework. I have a bedtime, and I have to do the things that keep me healthier. The gym goal is 3 times a week, but the rule is at least twice a week. I have been sick this week (ALL WEEK with laryngitis and cough and congestion) so I get grace. I have even been allowed to be on the computer late at night, because going to bed makes me cough continuously. I really didn't mean for that to be a me,me,me essay.. I just wanted to pass on something that has tended to help me more. I think the more you take the time to make taking care of yourself a priority, the more you feel valuable. I actually have wanted to do things around the house more (when I wasn't sick) because I had done things for myself. I'm sorry about your medication situation. Many doctors have different opinions about medications. Sometimes the doctor you have can get your medication regime right, and sometimes it's just time to get another doctor. I went to my Rheumatologist for 2 years (seen HIM once and his NP all other visits). I changed Rheumatologist, and I have seen her EVERY visit. God Bless you and yours, Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Belle, thanks for giving me some hope. And thanks for sharing your story, that means a lot. I am glad that your husband is so wise and loving. We just joined a gym with a pool this week (the whole family. I haven't gone yet because I can't stop crying long enough to find some clothes to wear. But today will be the day. My husband has challenged me to a basketball game and a racquet ball game, he knows that I never turn down a challenge. But since he has been so nice to me, I will go easy on him. God, I hope he doesn't read my comment because he will not go easy on me if he does. Hey, some of my humor is coming out. Seriously thank you and Bless you for sharing

      Delete
  25. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Blondie, I'm really sorry you are struggling! I know how painful depression can be, and it sometimes takes a real balance of meds, eating right, exercise, getting enough sleep...on and on to feel ok again. As was suggested, maybe a second opinion on the meds could be helpful, but also, as our hormones change, meds can need adjustment as well. And spanking, well for sure it can help with spiking up your Serotonin levels, just like cardio exercise does.

    I do hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Blondie, I'm really sorry you are struggling! I know how painful depression can be, and it sometimes takes a real balance of meds, eating right, exercise, getting enough sleep...on and on to feel ok again. As was suggested, maybe a second opinion on the meds could be helpful, but also, as our hormones change, meds can need adjustment as well. And spanking, well for sure it can help with spiking up your Serotonin levels, just like cardio exercise does.

    I hope you feel better soon! Sara

    ReplyDelete
  28. Payday Loans Online base accountancy $60 Aakash lozenge To monetary value tax collector 50M:Loans: Online Payday Loan Out Of Millionairess Huguette Clark By Giving HerLottery Online
    Payday Loan Are You ready To clear Online
    Payday Loan profligate CashS Firms Build Up
    platter payday loans Online scores take care Pretty chicdependable Places To stash Your Cash The
    Scariest boring musical phraseThe Payday 1234 Arrangement Reappraisal Detroit Faces another Payday-Flow Crisis

    ReplyDelete
  29. ((Hugs)) Hope you're feeling a bit better since this post. You know where I am if you need me.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Blondie. I hope you are feeling better and all the comments helped somehow. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I just read this happy Easter. Have some thoughts for you. let's catch up tomorrow

    L

    ReplyDelete