Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Kids Cause Spanking?


I am so mad right now that I just want to scream. My husband is on the phone with me right now and I am just half listening because I don't want to yell at him. He is trying to be positive.

My kids are f--king driving me crazy.




Question is, do I risk a spanking by telling my husband to shut up, come home and deal with his children? Or do I just listen to him, tell him that I love him and gently hang up the phone?


40 comments:

  1. Depends on how bad you want or need a spanking. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Sunygirl. Not really in the mood for that kind of spanking, just need to ship my kids off to parts unknown. But I kept my mouth shut and things are better today (so far)

      Delete
  2. How how about telling him you love him and by the time he gets home you'll probably be needing a spanking? Lol! Good luck with the kids, it's hard, I know.

    Dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can tell him that I love him but I think that his kids need spankings more than me. I just need a break from them. I miss my summer days. My two high schoolers do independent study and my college student lives at home and they are the ones I am about to kick out. Well maybe my 12 almost 13 year old needs to go to. I can't imagine life with one child though. Lol

      Delete
  3. Don't tell him to shut up - if it's that bad, your mood will probably get you spanked when he gets home anyway. Why risk making it worse. They're HIS children when they are driving you crazy right?

    Hope tomorrow is a better day,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are HIS children when they are driving me crazy and he hates it when I say that too. I was smart and got out of the house. Took the little boys to soccer and stayed at their practices, let him deal with the teenagers. Came home, watched the Giants win and went to bed.
      Today, so far so good.

      Delete
  4. I like that first one a lot. And, heck yeah, they do! I can definitely think of a spanking or two (or ten:) that can be attributed to kid-induced-stress (somehow;). Good luck Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess. Someone told me to take their mattresses away if they can't get out of bed in the mornings. I need to be more assertive or I am going to have a sore bottom till they move out.

      Delete
  5. Good Luck Blondie. I suggest a glass of wine and a hot bath for you.
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some alone time and a Giant's win helped a lot. Plus a new book that helped me fall asleep.
      Thanks SNP

      Delete
  6. Oh I hear you 110%. Raise, aim, fire and reload! LMAO.
    Wine can help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 110%, you do understand :-)
      I think that I was having Diet Coke withdrawls, took care of that and today life is better.

      Delete
  7. Funny.

    It depends on what you want. If you really want a spanking, then by all means, tell him to shut up and come home. Things will work out fine.

    If you need help with dealing with the kids, you could try, "Honey, i'm overwhelmed. I wish you could come home to help me with the kids."

    Hope all is well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Geez Mick, do you have to be so rational? I did "nicely" share with him that I had reached my limits. He took over while I did the soccer practices drop off/pick up. He is a great man but does not like it when I call them "HIS" children. And in that frame of mind, I am not ususally up for any "helpful" suggestons.
      This was one of the few times, I really wouldn't appreciate a spanking. It would probably make me more upset with the children and probably at him.
      Today is much better

      Delete
    2. I'm really glad today is better.

      Rational is what men do. :)

      Delete
  8. Try to get all the good things for him and for you. The kids will love it when you two are happy.
    Tell him about the Raise, aim, fire and reload, you are going to do to his rotten ungrateful children, who never let you be the sweet parent you would like to be. Be sure the children overhear this part so they start running away.
    Next when the children are far enough away, tell him you need a spanking when he comes home, for doing that aiming etc and to become his angelic wife again.
    He will have some fun to look forward to and come home gladly.
    Please, never welcome him home with an hour's whine about the misbehaving of the children. Do that a few times, and he won't like coming home anymore.
    Good luck and go get them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't whine, I usually hold things in till I explode. Today, a spanking would help with all the stress that is building up.
      And you are right about doing good things for him and us. I think that I will make his favorite dinner and a gluten free cake just for him.
      I will also show him my blog. He will probably laugh cause he knows and understands how I feel.
      Thanks for the reminder

      Delete
  9. Oh dear. I'm sorry you were having such a rough day.

    There's nothing quite like the words "shut up" to get some action. :)

    I hope it all worked out well and if there was spanking, it was exactly the right kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susie,
      I was spank free last night and today is going much smoother. Hopefully we will have some spanking fun time tonight. I really don't like spankings for doing something wrong. It makes my heart hurt that I messed up. But I felt pushed beyond my limits and was about to explode. Tongue held, understanding husband, some quiet time and a Giant's win. Life is good today

      Delete
  10. Aww. :( It sounds like a spanking might be helpful anyway. Some one-on-one attention with cuddling afterward.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana,
      When I feel like I have behaved poorly because I couldn't deal with my kids, a spanking just would have broken me. I don't think it would have helped my psyche any. Now today if he would like to help me with a spanking and get rid of the stress from the week, I could use that.

      Delete
  11. I would have a hard time with that one! Maybe a spanking can improve the situation? But - I also know how furious I get when my husband tries to be calm when I'm in a rage because of the kiddos. Our oldest knows how to push my buttons and I've spouted off enough several times to get myself into trouble over it. Sometimes it's REALLY not worth it.
    :)
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember how you and I are similar about how we feel when our mouthy teens push our buttons too far and all is lost. I hate thinking that I let some child get to me so much that I got myself in trouble.
      Thaks for commenting. I have been wondering about you. I hope that you are doing great and feeling good.

      Delete
  12. Well I am a bit late but I hope it worked out OK. I sure hope you didn't tell him to shut up. If there is one thing I have learned so far it's that are two ways to say things when I am stressed, the way I want to say it and the way I can say it so I don't get an unwanted spanking. The later is usually works better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, you are right, I did say i the way I should and did not get an unwanted spanking. Today is going much better.
      Thanks for stopping by and commenting

      Delete
  13. Hi, Blondie. I'm glad you're feeling better.

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? You aren't going to take my children for me? Lol
      Thanks, I am having a great day, compared to yesterday today was outstanding!!!!

      Delete
    2. Silly gal - I issued a standing invitation. Just waiting for you to tell me when their plane will land.

      Irishey

      Delete
  14. I'm impressed that you strategized so well and didn't go the "shut up and come home" route.

    Sorry for the stressful day. Parenthood ain't for sissies, right? You did great, and now today are rewarded with a better day. I could learn from your example. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stormy. I am learning not to blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. Being disrespectful to him is usually not my problem. But it is what gets me in the most trouble.
      Hope things are going well. If I was you, I would not volunteer anything, play dumb.

      Delete
  15. Blondie kids can push all the wrong buttons sometimes. I'm glad that you were able to get out of the situation without being in trouble. Hopefully you got the more playful spanking you wanted and were able to let go of your stress. It does seem to work like nothing else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zoe, glad that I am not alone in this parenting thing. They do know how to push my buttons. My husband is not the one to blame but sometimes I don't know who else to explode on. He is my one and only, the safe one.

      Delete
  16. Aww sorry you're having a hard time :( I hope you chose the gently hanging up ending, but if not, I hope you worked it all out. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always let him hang up first, then I can slam down the phone without him knowing. Lol
      Glad you had a great week, hope you have a super fantastic weekend. Try to avoid the cold showers

      Delete
  17. Oh friend I feel you here. Big time! (Bet you already know that though) Nice job handling it. Anytime those kids need a cross country road trip, there are beds here. How long do you think they'd last?My bet 96 hours, I think they would return really really grateful to you and tired.

    Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aunt Laurie, I have been missing you. I was just thinking about you. Actually, my kids would probably do great at your house. It is only me they give a hard time. Apparently, I am the "safe" one. Lucky me. But I would love to ship out to you for 96 hours. Talk to you soon

      Delete
  18. Hi Blondie :) As usual, I'm a little late. You may know I have time management issues.....Anyway, hang in there! Before you know it, you'll have an empty nest and you'll actually miss having them around! Hard to imagine some days, I know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cowgirl. I will miss having them around but I will not miss days like this one. Most of the time, I love being a mom. But I don't think that anyone looking into their sweet little baby's face, realizes that emotions a child will bring. All I can recomend is to keep the baby books open when you have teenagers, because looking at those pictures is what will keep your teen from being shot. Lol

      Delete
  19. I would do neither, get your kids to listen to you and wait patiently for your husband!
    But I do love the cards you found!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julia, There are days when I feel ganged up on, and that was one of those days. In general, my kids are pretty good. Besides the fact that four out of five of them are teenagers. Mental breakdown but back in charge again. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete