Tuesday, October 10, 2017

My Tattoos


Cat and Katie wanted to know about my tattoos. Well I do have six of them, which is five more than my mother knows about.

The first one that I got was the adoption symbol. It was after I located my biological mom and we had been emailing each other for awhile. The adoption symbol is a triangle with a heart intertwined. Three sides to the adoption and one heart connecting them. My triangle is black and the heart is red and it is located on my left leg, above my ankle.

The second one I got looks like this flower tattoo. It is on my side. Our wedding flowers were pink lilies so it is symbolic of those.

Then I went and got my Christian tattoos. The "faith, hope and love tattoo is on my foot. The cross is a greenish color, the heartbeat is purple and the heart is red. I love this one, it speaks volumes.
The "by grace" tattoo is on my front by my collar bone. Looks exactly like the tattoo picture. It is a constant reminder of God's love. I am saved by His grace.


The other two tattoos I don't have pictures of them.
One of them is matching my daughters exactly, even the same location. I am not sure if you have heard of the semi-colon symbolism. It is a symbol for mental health meaning that "my story isn't over yet". And since we both suffer, it seemed appropriate. The tattoo is a butterfly, it has a semi-colon for its body and then some simple wings.

And my last one is a picture of a book with a butterfly landing on it. It is on my lower right inner calf. It is so pretty, so colorful. I love reading and I love butterflies so the tattoo artist kind of just made it for me and I love it.

Am I going to get more tattoos? Right now, I think that I am done. But I will never say never. If Ty wants to get a matching one, I would do that. Maybe something simple, small. He says no but we'll see



22 comments:

  1. Hi Blondie, oh they all are so pretty, nice to see you out here in Blogland too.
    love Jan, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan, thanks for making me feel so welcome. I missed Blogland and my friends

      Delete
  2. Hi Blondie, thank you for sharing, they all look pretty. I love the adoption symbol and that you and your daughter both have the mental health tattoo. I don't think I will ever be brave enough to get a tattoo.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't believe that I have a tattoo, it is so unlike me. But I like them and I like the symbolism. So you never know.

      Delete
  3. Blondie, what wonderful tattoos you have, I love them all. I didn't know there was a symbol for mental health. Thanks for sharing.

    Love,
    Rinnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie, I am glad that you like them. I like the symbolism.

      Delete
  4. Lovely tattoos Blondie. Love the meaning behind them all.
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy. I don't know why else I would want a tattoo unless there was some kind of meaning behind it. Now I just need to find one that symbolizes Ty and me.....

      Delete
  5. I love that all your tattoos are meaningful. I see so many tatted people and I have no idea what they even are, nevermind the meaning behind them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean, I wonder if they would be offended if I asked them what their tattoos mean. Having a meaning behind my tattoos kind of made it "okay" to have a tattoo.

      Delete
  6. That is a pretty impressive, after 5 kids baby belly! ;) I always say I can't keep throw cushions on my couch for six months, there is no way I could get a tattoo!

    Nice to see you around
    willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not my belly in the picture. I wish but my belly looks like I have had five kids...... You have kept Barney around for quite awhile, so maybe you could get a tattoo. Never know. Come visit me in California and we can get matching ones. Lol

      Delete
    2. Careful now, I have two free airline tickets that have to be used up before Dec. Though the tats will have to be temporary ones!

      As for keeping Barney around, I have kept the sofa, just not the cushions. LOL

      Delete
  7. Beautiful tattoos with lovely meanings, Blondie...thank you so much for sharing.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat. You are always so kind. And thanks for giving me a topic to write about. It's hard to get back into the swing of things when returning to Blogland.

      Delete
  8. They all sound beautiful. I don't have any and don't plan to get any, but I've seen some that I just love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have seen some tattoos that are absolutely beautiful...... but on someone else. Mine are small enough to hide but pretty enough to want to show off.

      Delete
  9. Hi Blondie, :) Thank you for sharing about your tattoos! I loved hearing about them all. Beautiful and very special!

    So glad to see you back around! You’ve been missed! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie. You are too kind. It was a good idea, good topic to write about. Any ideas for my next post. I have really missed Blogland..

      Delete
  10. Blondie,

    Wow! The pain for the beauty. I am impressed.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not too painful, except the one on the top of my foot. That made me wince. Maybe being that I am a little bit of a masochist made it more tolerable, lol I don't know. But they are definitely worth any pain.

      Delete
  11. thank-you for sharing your art :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete