Tuesday, May 19, 2015

25 Years



Today, Ty and I celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We made a promise to each other, in front of our family and friends, to  love each of till death do us part.
And with God's help, we have kept that promise.

Ty, I love you so much.


Our First Dance
Click to Hear Our Wedding Song - First Dance
 

 
Just the Way You Are
Don't go changing to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I wouldn't leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times; I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are
Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are
I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
What will it take till you believe in me
The way that I believe in you?

I said I love you and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
I could not love you any better
I love you just the way you are


It is hard to explain how I am feeling today. I get all choked up just thinking about it. I never knew how much that promise we made would be tested and challenged. And I never knew how much my love could grow. We have made it through the good times and the bad times, through sickness and in health, and all of the happy times too.
I look at our wedding pictures, we were so young and naïve.
Today, I watched my husband get ready for work. It's a normal routine we have. I lay out his clothes for him (last minute iron job..), he gets out of the shower and we talk about what the plan is for the day and that kind of stuff. I cannot imagine my life without him. I love him so much. He is my other half.
We are not doing much celebrating tonight because we just got back from a weekend getaway, which was for our anniversary. We stayed in this little cottage in the middle of nowhere. Trees, a little creek, and quiet. It was perfect for us. We would have loved to have had more than a weekend getaway but what we had was wonderful.  We went into town for dinner and the rest of the time we spent at the cottage.


Thanks, to all of you, for sharing my journey the last four years

21 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary to both of you! What a beautiful post Blondie, glad you had a great weekend away. That cottage sounds fantastic, wishing you both many more happy years!!

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I love that song and your post.
    hugs
    DF

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too wish you both a Happy Anniversary.

    appy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Anniversary to you and Ty! Wishing you plenty more love and memories this next 25 years!!
    XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary to you and Ty! Wishing you plenty more love and memories this next 25 years!!
    XOXO Pearl

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely post Blondie.

    Happy Anniversary to you and TY.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wishing you and Ty a very happy 25th, Blondie!! It is quite an accomplishment! Be very proud!! :)

    Your weekend away sounded wonderful! Enjoy your special day. Beautiful post!! Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happpy 25th Anniversary. Your weekend sounded perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations and Happy Anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on 25 years together...and thank you for sharing part of your journey with us.
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope the next 25 years are even better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. what a beautiful post Blondie. Wishing you and Ty a very Happy Anniversary! Glad you managed to have a getaway together. The cottage sounds just lovely :)

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  13. So happy for you! I always liked that song too. I should post the words somewhere so I don't nag my husband to change some habit I dislike. I love your morning routine together, especially since you still have the distraction of kids getting off to school or jobs.
    Congratulations on 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that's beautiful! Congratulations on your 25 years. It's really an accomplishment these days! It's so amazing that we find new ways to love each other after years of marriage, isn't it? It's the same love yet deeper and different. And there are moments you just look at him and see him with new yet familiar eyes all over again. All of a sudden you see him again for who he is and who he has become and it's all so dear to you. Much love and happiness to you and Ty.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Anniversary to you both,Hope you have many more happy years together!
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Happy Anniversary, and congratulations on 25 years.

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very happy 25th. Its special. Loved your post. J

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy 25th Anniversary Blondie and Ty! What a lovely and loving tribute to your marriage Blondie. Wishing you both another 25 wonderful years.

    Hugs and blessings...Cat

    ReplyDelete
  19. Happy Anniversary to you both! 25 years! Wonderful!
    Next year is our 25th...

    ReplyDelete