Thursday, September 4, 2014

Milestone at Blondie's Place


 
Tine to Celebrate
We have just sold our 200th paddle!!!!
 
Think how many red bottoms

we are responsible for. Yikes

 Join us in celebrating. Purchase a paddle, during the month of September 2014, and get $5.00 off any purchase of $20.00 or more. Just enter the code  
737200B
Thanks for shopping at Blondie's  Place

https://www.etsy.com/shop/BlondiesPlace?ref=ss_profile
 

34 comments:

  1. Blondie,

    Congratulations, I think!

    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. We are really excited. We never knew that we would even sell a dozen paddles. So proud of Ty's woodworking

      Delete
  2. Hey Blondie - I still feel left out! Remember - call it a cheeseboard - I will happily pay the postage etc. We got our leather one from Leatherthorn with no problem at all from Customs either side of the Atlantic, and there was no disguising what that little item was going to be used for.

    Hope things are going better for you guys. 200 paddles is a great achievement.

    Hugs
    Ami

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on the paddles!

    lol at Ami and the cheeseboard. the last 'implement' we had sent from the States got opened by customs and we had to pay a fee. Since then I've been wary of ordering from overseas even if it's labelled innocuously as a wall hanging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I'm having a good giggle! But seriously, I had no trouble with my paddle from Leatherthorn.

      Delete
    2. I am going to pretend that you are not mentioning another shop on my blog.

      Delete
    3. DF, that is horrible. I was going to do some further information gathering on mailing overseas but there are a lot of stories like yours so maybe I will just be more cautious.

      Delete
  4. Many congrats Blondie!! :) You know that we have the one pictured on the right with the red background. We've had lots of fun with it. And on occasion a non-fun event. :( Rob told me the other day that it might be his new favourite. I'm a goner. I think. Maybe. LOL.

    You can tell Ami that the "cheeseboard" name has been adopted in our house. Rob deemed it that from the start. Sometimes he just looks at me and says, "Cheeseboard'. Imagine how quickly I get my act together. ;) You know, it is a fun thing to have, as long as it is in the hands of the one that you love and trust! May you sell many, many more in the days and years to come! Been thinking of you Blondie and hope that things are going well for you and Ty. Many hugs and love,

    <3 Katie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty has another shop where he really makes beautiful cheeseboards, cutting boards, stools, benches, etc. But I like how you and Rob have the special "word" that helps to straighten you right up.
      Thanks for your kind words of support. Things are still rocky but we are working hard. He still uses his well made paddles on my bottom on Tuesday nights.

      Delete
  5. Hey Blondie. Congratulations.

    I will take you up on your offer if you can send me a paddle that doesn't hurt, long handled and no holes. I'll buy. Send me an email if you can comply with my requirements. "-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am working on it. It might be invisible but it would fit your needs perfectly.

      Delete
  6. LOL..at Leigh's reply. Hmm, I may have to get my 'Paddle Man' a gift!
    hugs abby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, well it might take awhile for me to create one. Ty just shakes his head at me when I asked him to make one for Leigh. He says that paddles are supposed to hurt, it helps the relationship. But I am looking into it

      Delete
  7. Well as you may or may not remember we are the proud owners of *3* of your 'lovely' paddles ( the effects of I am feeling as I type this~ of course merely an R/A application) Now on to my ad....

    *** When we first were looking at a paddle quite some time ago, we didn't have the first CLUE as to what we required. Blondie, and Ty were both so very helpful..Blondie tryed to convince Barney pine would be alright....Barney wasn't 'buying it'... RED OAK it was.LOL. Ty also customized the paddle for us. It was and is still a beautiful piece of work.

    Last year for Christmas I bought Barney an Etsy gift certificate online. I then made up a really cute gift certificate for Blondie's Paddles and gave it to him on Christmas Eve. He was quite excited. And our other two paddles were purchased. We did 'cheat' buying one the same as a friend of ours so we could compare ( how twisted is that? LOL) and Barney picked the Bath brush one( he contemplated asking Ty to shorten the handle- which he did say he would do...but then convinced Barney to just 'choke up on the bat"- all heart. Both Blondie and Ty are very patient answering your questions. If you aren't sure, just ask. If you want to have a wooden paddle but you don't want to push it on your husband/wife ( however your relationship works) buy an Etsy gift certificate and tell them it is for Blondie's Place and have them go through the website with you. We had a riot, measuring my bum of all things! LOL...


    The first one is still his favourite and he used it and the bath brush just today....so I guess we were celebrating without even knowing it! Congrats to you both. It is no wonder you have sold so many! Here is to many more!!! ( um just not to this address please)

    Love Willie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Three paddles! I think Willie's bragging that she has THREE CHEEKS! LOL!!! You are soooo funny, Willie!

      Delete
    2. You are a great friend and customer. I might just have to send our samples to you to try out so I don't have to be the one who gets to try and rate the paddle.

      Delete
  8. CONGRATULATIONS!!
    As you know I own one of Blondie's paddles! It is lovely and my Scotsman chose what we have!
    I still like it best over jeans!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Over jeans? You are so lucky. I am glad that you both like your paddle

      Delete
  9. Congratulations Blondie and Ty...so very happy for your success. I will happily refer anyone who wants a quality paddle to your site but don't think I'll be purchasing any time soon. ;)

    Hope everything is going better for you two.

    Hugs and Blessings...
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you might need a "cutting board" looking paddle..... Things are still rocky around here. We haven't stopped with the DD or anything like that. And this is a real test of my faith - but that seems to normal for me. We are determined to make things work out

      Delete
  10. HI Blondie, they all look so beautiful. Congratulations on all those sales
    love Jan,xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jan. We are really excited about this milestone. Who knew that anyone would even check out our little store

      Delete
  11. Congratulations Blondie and Ty! You sure make beautiful paddles. Do you make feather ones? LoL

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz. I am working on a paddle that is feather light. Ty refuses to even consider making a "non" paddle. The HoH in him tells me that paddles are supposed to hurt. A spanking is supposed to hurt. How rude!

      Delete
  12. Blondie and Ty,

    Congratulations. I'd like a new paddle but P says we have far too many toys:(

    LOL SG's comment.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ronnie. Well whenever you are in need of one, you know where to find one.

      Delete
  13. Congratulations! That's a lot of paddles :-)
    Hope all is well...thinking of you...sending hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Terps. We are so excited over this milestone. Who would of thought? Things are still rough but hoping forward to this time of rockiness ends soon

      Delete
  14. Congrats Blondie, that is really awesome!! They really are beautiful, I showed my husband and he wanted to know why I didn't shoe him your shop before LOL! I hope you're doing well, been thinking of you...Sending a cyber hug!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennelle, well I hope that you husband looks again at our shop..... Thanks for your good thoughts

      Delete
  15. Congratulations Blondie! I have heard that you do great work from a little friend of mine. I have sent a couple people your way to look at your horrid wooden implements ;) but if my husband ever wants a new paddle he's gonna have to buy it himself. He has seen your shop though...and would remember. Guess I'll continue being my angelic self.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe your little friend of yours might show him the shop again. Lol Keep being that little angel

      Delete
    2. Eeeek...she would do that too!

      Delete
  16. Congrats on your sales and wishing you both continued success. Good luck with being the "product tester."

    ReplyDelete