Tuesday, October 29, 2013


As kind of a continuation from my last post, I wanted to share something that I saw tumbler. To me, this is so beautiful and wonderful.

  

      Mom’s Wisdom & Insight :

When I was in my early 20’s, I asked my Mom ( who was my best friend & with whom I could speak to freely about anything ) what constitutes ’ normal’  in a relationship sexually?

In her wise wisdom, she replied ’ whatever two decide upon .’

And she further continued to say that what is best in life is to find someone who not only shares what you might enjoy and want to experience with you..but one who is also interested in traveling new and uncharted places with you. 

And I asked her, but what about hot wax and handcuffs and that sort of thing..is that normal?

And she replied in her wisdom..Yes, that each one of us has our own way and definition of what sexually excites us and to follow that path, as long as you don’t place yourself in harm either emotionally or physically.

My Mom was truly ahead of her time..and wise..and I miss those late late night talks over tea and a fireplace.

12 years ago, yesterday, I was holding my Mom , when she succumbed to cancer. I miss her dearly everyday. But her words & wisdom bring comfort to me..and should be shared.

~ beautflstranger
 
 
This is definitely not the sex talk I had with my mother. I think our conversation went something like "Sex is bad, keep your legs crossed"
Took me years to finally relax and enjoy sex.
 
When my daughter (or son) comes to me about sex and "normal" I hope that I have the words to explain like this mother did.  
 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Blondie, wow, what excellent advice from Mom! If only more children and parents could talk more freely and openly about sex. Thanks for sharing this.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete