Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's More Than Sex and Communication



I am not sure quite what happened. Maybe you can help me out.

We were scheduled to be ushers at church today. Last night, Ty laid out his clothes to wear. And then he went and spent the night in the church for program we have working with the homeless.
Me, I looked in the closet, so the dress I wanted to wear. I made sure it wasn't wrinkled. And stopped worrying about it.

Ty came home and I got up and started to get ready to go. Showered, fixed my hair. I was putting on my make-up, Ty is  giving me a lecture about how messy my closet was and how can I find anything, and how this person always knows where everything is and blah, blah, blah. Not really wanting to hear this same old lecture again, I shut the bathroom door so I didn't have to listen to him. When I finished putting on my make-up, I came out of the bathroom, he was not in the room. Phew!

So I started getting dressed, put on my slip and stuff and then I took my dress and went to put it on. Did I tell you how much weight I have gained during my depression a while ago and didn't lose. Well, guess what, the dress was way too tight. Kind of looked like the dress was going to rip open if I
breathed. Ty walks in and started saying something about my slip showing and I barked at him, "it's not the slip that is the problem, it's the dress". And being the smart husband that he is, he tells me that it looks fine and we are going to be late if I don't hurry. I ask my daughter what she thinks and she says that it is way too tight. So now I am panic mode. Ty comes in and starts lecturing me again about being ready the night before and blah, blah, blah. I told him, and not nicely, that I didn't need his constant "I told you so's". I started pulling out my dresses and trying them on. I don't have a lot of dresses. I usually wear jeans or shorts and t-shirts/sweat shirts. So it doesn't take me long to realize that the few dresses that I do own aren't working either.

So now I am getting my kids telling me that we are going to be late, and I need to hurry. I am yelling at them now, I am hurrying, nothing is fitting, I tell them to just tell your dad I am not going and he can find someone at church to take my place. I am just freaking out. Ty comes back to the bedroom, and I start half crying and half screaming at him that I am too fat and my clothes don't fit and he just keeps stressing me out and whatever hysterical stuff. He gave me hug and told me that he loved me and that I was beautiful. No, you read that correctly, he told me he loved me and that I was beautiful. And then he left.

I throw on some shorts and a t-shirt and start cleaning out my clothes. I bag up all the clothes that I wish that I would fit into but are about 3 sizes to small. I throw out my ratty clothes I lined my
drawers and went thorough my bras, panties, socks and lingerie. I take a second and I see I have a text. From Ty "I love you" . Oh my God, is he setting me up or he is this wonderful?

I am feeling horrible. Why is he being so nice when I have just been such a witch?

Ty returns from church and he is telling me about the sermon and how so and so helped him out filling my spot. He is acting like nothing has happened.

He is checking out the work I have done. Looking at the lingerie, he asks me why I am throwing this or that out. I told him that it didn't fit. He found something that he really likes and told me to put it on. And then he starts kissing on me and lays me down on the bed. How do I say this without saying
too much..... okay he used his magic tongue and had me rolling over and over till I couldn't take anymore, I am shaking. He tells me how much he loves me (again) and how he loves women that have curves. etc.

I am thinking to myself, "what is going on"? I finally ask him why he is being so nice to me and why he isn't upset with me. He tells me that he isn't upset with my hysterics but he is really disappointed that I wasn't listening to him about getting organized and planning ahead. If I did as he told me, I wouldn't have had my screaming episode. He tells me that he has been asking me to go shopping and buy new clothes. All of this could have been avoided. There will be a consequence for that and he expects me to finish
cleaning out my closet and bedroom.

He turns on the T.V. and turns on the Giants game, he tells me that we missed the first inning and what the score was. All like everything is normal. He said that he was going to go out and make some new paddles. We had talked last night about new shapes and he had bought some new and different types of wood. 

Maybe this is part of the punishment. Me sitting here feeling horrible about my behavior and freaking out over his behavior.

I writing all of this done when Ty comes into the bedroom and asks me what I am doing. Obviously I am not cleaning. I told him I was blogging. You know what he does, he twlls me that he is hungry. I just up to make him lunch and he says he already made it and he just wants me to eat with him.

I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP.  
Yes there will be some consequence. But nothing can compare to the love, kindness and compassion Ty has shown me today. I have always know how lucky I am to be Ty's wife and best friend, even soul mate.
But this is above and beyond.                          

44 comments:

  1. That is so sweet :)

    Oh I cannot tell you how many times that exact same thing has happened. Since I stopped working about 5 years ago, I don't have the need for dressy clothes. 5 years ago I had ONE child lol. So this body is definitely not the same (nor are the trends, lol).
    I hate the feeling that I might go to church and look terrible. That panic is the worst feeling and you start to feel hot and constricted until you just give up. I know exactly what you are talking about. So sorry it happened! But so sweet of him to see it and take care of you.
    Hugs,
    Elle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle for the support. It really stinks that I have nothing that I want to wear to church. It's not really dressy but we were more formal because we are ushers. And I am just not at a good weight. Thanks for letting me know that I am not the only one this happens to.

      Delete
  2. Awesome, that's the only word that comes to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so sweet! I know the panic feeling of nothing fitting. I work from home and don't have the need for wearing nice clothes often.
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kim, what is it with us moms that stay home to work? I guess we are no June Cleavers, wearing skirts and pearls while we vacuum. I really hate that panic feeling.

      Delete
  4. Awww Blondie...Got a funny feeling your bottom is going to be paying a bit for your attitude but at least your sweet man understood your frustration and gave you the acceptance you needed.

    Proud of you for cleaning out your closet! Wanna come clean mine out? ;) Please listen to Ty and go shop for some nice church/dressy outfits.

    Hugs and Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well the bottom is okay. Ty took it very easy on me, just enough to get the point across. He is indeed a sweet man. I am terrible at cleaning out closets. I made Ty sit there and tell me what I can keep. You probably don't want my help cleaning anything.
      I still don't want to go shopping till I lose some weight.

      Delete
    2. Hey Blondie...I prefer wearing dresses in the summer and with my darn arm, I had to buy some 'easy to get on' dresses. I went to target.com and found some really good sales and these dresses will work as you drop weight and would give you something to wear when you need a dress. Here are a few of my favorites: http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-womens-kimono-maxi-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14248952
      http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-women-s-maxi-dress-collection/-/A-14646626
      http://www.target.com/p/mossimo-women-s-kimono-high-low-dress-assorted-colors/-/A-14252719

      Hugs and Blessings,
      Cat

      Delete
    3. Thanks Cat, you are really good at taking care of me. Can I keep you on speed dial?

      Delete
  5. Oh Bless him for being so sweet. Best you go shopping this week. Hope your comeuppance is not too bad,
    love Jan.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a good man. Very supportive. And he really didn't make a big deal about my consequences. He just didn't have the heart to really punish me since even though I don't always do what he suggests I do, I was pretty upset with the disaster that it caused. It wasn't like this before dd.

      Delete
  6. Oh Blondie, This really is sweet, what a guy :)

    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Missy, he is definitely a great guy. Our support of one another has really changed and he is so much more understanding.

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love this story...I love it, I love it, I love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee. It is one of those really nice things to hear and/or experience.

      Delete
  8. Hey Blondie,

    How wonderful that Ty understood and gave you the love and compassion you needed. I so wish that we could see ourselves though our husbands eye's sometimes.

    Good on you for cleaning out the closet and bedroom and what girl wants to pass up a shopping spree? :)

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, that is really true, I wish that I could see myself through his eyes too. I never thought of it that way. I am ready to do some shopping, kind of, I am not a shopper. But it is time to do some updating.

      Delete
  9. Hello blondie

    Liked the post, but why is it when we do nice things for our wives writher it be praises, complements or in your case making lunch you can't believe it or think something is up. Spoiler alert, spoiler alert could it be because we really love you perhaps?

    Bob

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The real reason that this is a big deal is............. less then two years ago, this whole situation would have been different. Words and insults would have been flying. Then there would be the silent treatment. Since we have started this lifestyle, our communication, caring and understanding has just become the best it's ever been.
      It's also like, when your husband comes home with roses for no reason, there is usually a reason kind of thinking. Just saying.
      Our love is just amazing. Thanks for pointing that out.

      Delete
  10. Wow Blondie! That Ty of yours is a sweet heart. Sorry your bottom is going to pay for not listening to him, but with an H like that I'm sure you are totally okay with that ;)

    I have had very similar moments with my closet.... I call it having a fight with my closet. I usually leave it messier than it started. At least this prompted you to organize things :)

    Hugs to you,
    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I started cleaning out things because I was trying to apologize to Ty for my childish behavior. It so wasn't his fault and yet he was the one I blew up at. And yes, I did get that negative behavior consequences - hopefully my bottom and brain will start communicating one of these day. Yep, Ty is a sweetheart.

      Delete
  11. I think that:
    1. We women get totally overwhelmed with our bodies and when our clothes don't fit anymore we sort of panic and we hope that if we leave them there long enough maybe we will be able to wear them again...and in the meantime we feel awful about ourselves.
    2. You are awesome for using some of that negative energy and cleaning out the closet. I'd be happy if you could do mine!
    3. Ty is incredible. He somehow knew how to take care of you through all of this, give you a little encouragement and yup...he'll deal with the attitudes later. It's okay. What a good guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny, I know women who actually have their clothes separated into different sizes. I don't have enough clothes to do that. I felt so bad for my behavior and how Ty had been telling me to do this and since I didn't, well this happened. I knew that I had to take those feelings and try to do the right thing instead of sitting around moping. He was very easy on me when helping with my behavior. He figured that I already felt bad enough, so I am actually able to sit on my bottom. Lol

      Delete
  12. Sometimes our emotions get the best of us and it's important that our husbands can tell the difference between those kinds of freak-outs and the kind of attitude that is actually directed at them (rather than at our crazy selves;). Feeling overwhelmed, having a little breakdown/panic attack...those types of things might not automatically be spank-able offenses here either...now, if he had told me to do something specifically to avoid one of those emotional meltdowns and I ignored him...then there would be some consequences...but it would be for not listening to him, not for my feelings, and it sounds like your Ty feels similarly;) I just think this is really a nice example of how important it is, in this lifestyle and in marriage in general, to really understand each other and to really give consideration to the big picture instead of jumping the gun and spanking (or getting worked up) over each and every little thing. Have fun shopping for some outfits that flatter those sexy curves that your husband loves so much!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are exactly right. Years of marriage when the words would be cruel and demeaning. And now, I am so lucky to have him. I wish I could take some of you shopping with me for the moral support. Our husbands are a lot alike, you are right

      Delete
  13. I wonder how many of us have been in the same situation Blondie? Only Dan would've made me go regardless. He is a stickler like that. Just think how much cleaning you got done though. Perhaps you would like to come over here and help me clean out my drawers and wardrobe? Hope the 'retribution' isn't too bad. But hot weather and sass don't go together too well do they?

    Hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If Ty made me go, I would have to go in my sweats or shorts. None of my nicer clothes were fitting. Lol This all situation, I was really in the wrong but Ty knew that I was feeling bad and the only thing he could do was be supportive. And I didn't even get into a whole lot of trouble after all. I am just really going to enjoy this side of Ty for as long as I can.

      Delete
  14. That is super sweet - he just knew what you needed I guess. It think for me though I would have kind of wished he would have spanked me when he got home...just to clear the air AFTER he was sweet haha. If I'm a wreck and really really really can't calm down by Z "dealing" with me - ecspecially if I'm upset about something with myself or my looks.. And what you were going through with your clothes not fitting is SUPER hard for a woman - him being harsh at that moment wouldn't have helped at all. Get some nice clothes that fit you really well ---- dressing for your body type can make the difference in "I think I look like crap" and "I'm one sexy mama."
    You have a very good man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ashley, I agree - a spanking right as he got home would have cleared the air and made me feel better. A meltdown spanking usually helps a lot. I always think that I shouldn't buy any clothes until I lose weight. But maybe it's time to buy those clothes that actually fit. Thanks

      Delete
  15. I rarely post comments anymore but you sort of inspired me. I'm heading out to go dress shopping for a wedding I'm attending on Saturday. I know nothing in my closet fits at the moment.
    There's something remarkable about having our partners know us so well hat they give us what we need in the moment not necessarily what we deserve. Alec can do as Ty did and will bring me off the edge of the cliff. Sorry you will have a time of reckoning but not doubt you'll feel better afterward.
    Catrinka (Cat)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting, I really appreciate it. I hope you found something to wear to the wedding that you like. Sounds like Alex is as good as my Ty - we are both lucky women. He did a little bit of a spanking, but unfortunately it wasn't enough for me (at least he thought so. The one tonight made up for it.

      Delete
  16. I just saw this. Ditto what Sunny said. Ty is awesome.

    Big, big hugs. You're pretty darn awesome yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Irishey. You always make me feel better or you help me laugh at myself. Ty is pretty awesome.

      Delete
    2. Dang. I knew I forgot something.

      Double, double, witchey trouble
      Double-digit hiney bubble
      Dress won't fit with flubber-flubble
      Pitch a fit - like Wilma Rubble!

      Ahem. I'm ducking behind the cauldron I just stirred with a huge paddle. I simply couldn't make "Irishey" work in my parody. I DID try! ;-) (Luv ya tons, Willie!)

      Seriously, what I really forgot to tell you was that I have gained a crazy amount of stress-related and lazy-related weight in the past couple years, especially since late last year. Most of my clothes don't fit. (Okay! I didn't forget to tell you. I did NOT WANT to admit it, but now it's out here. Sheesh, quit twisting my arm. ;-) )

      I blame no small part of this on failing to follow through on my good intentions to do GOOB. (Okay, yes, "no small part" = "large." I was trying to avoid words I don't like. Happy now?!)

      Can you carve out a measly 10 or 15 minutes per day to start walking with me? You pick the time. We'll start this together for 21 days - to establish the habit.

      Delete
  17. I'm so sorry for your frustration. I too know what it is like to try on outfit after outfit, and find that everything is too small. It sounds like your husband handled it perfectly. Anything else would have just made it so much worse. He sounds very sweet. Depression steals so much. I will pray that things will get better for you, and he will continue to be as sweet and supporting. God bless you and all you love, -Belle L.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle, your words are so kind. Thanks for helping me to know that I am not the only one out there that has the clothes nightmare. Ty is a keeper

      Delete
  18. Aww, what a sweetie. When my husband gives me unexpected and undeserved mercy it melts me, and makes me try so much harder for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You understand how it is. I cleaned out my closets, got my work 100% completed and actually made two nice meals. It melts your heart, so you try better.
      By the way, you do not follow my suggestions very well. Lol

      Delete
  19. This is really sweet. Sometimes a hug and a little understanding is all you need. :-) Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Terps, yes it is really sweet. A couple of years ago this would have been such a different story. We've come a long way and he is so much better at being kind and compassionate and trying to help me instead of hurt me. Hugs

      Delete
  20. Being Blessed with a wonderful Man is an extra Responsibility you will feel as you Impress him with your Beautifullness but also when you let him down the pain is that much more. Keep your ears open to your man mind mood you be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the very, very good advice. Sometimes it just takes the eyes and ears of another person to point out what a great thing you have.

      Delete
  21. This is sooo sweet. I love that he made you feel loved and beautiful! Keep your chin up, and really listen to his words! He means it, and that must mean a lot to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kenzie, he is sooo good at making me feel loved. Unfortunately, I tend to not always believe him when he says nice things about me, especially my looks. I do need to trust him. I am working on it..

      Delete