Friday, February 1, 2019

Just a thought brought on by a memory


I just ran across a blog/forum that I didn't know was around. It was Clint and Chelsea's blog called domestic-discipline.net. Wow! Where have I been. I owe so much to them, the blog was what brought us to DD and helped us get started. We still follow the 4D's that they introduced us to. And believe it or not, I am still friends with a couple of the gals that I met way back when.

How DD relationship has changed so much over the years. I can't even remember how long we have been living this lifestyle. I remember questioning everything. Do we have enough rules? Why doesn't Ty punish me all of the time? What kind of implements are the best to use? Does Ty really want to do this? Aaahhhh!!!

Now instead of making a big deal and always worrying about DD, it is just part of our lives without thinking about it. There are some days I don't even remember that we are a DD couple. It's been so long since I have done something that Ty feels like he needs to punish me (I am such an angel - lol). There are still stress spankings but mostly now it is all fun. Don't get me wrong, I still get a raised eyebrow or the look and I know that I am about to cross a line. I still have a list of chores that I am to get done everyday. And every once in awhile I get a little lecture about a rule that I am coming close to disobeying.

We don't have specific rules like we tried to make in the beginning. We follow the 4 D's that we first learned about. Dishonest, Disobedience, Disrespect, and Dangerous. We did add one more - Disorganized. Pretty much any rule that we made falls under one of these categories. I don't lie to my husband and I don't hide things from him (at least I try really hard not to). That would be dishonest. So an easy rule to follow. Dangerous includes things like texting while driving or forgetting to take my medicine.

Our marriage is so good right now. Ty is the husband of my dreams. We communicate, we care, we work as a team, love life as a couple.  I fight my depression and he keeps me grounded. We are a united front when it comes to parenting. We look forward to our future and live each day to it's fullest. We are dabbling into the BDSM/Fetlife of things in our city. We love taking care of each other. Life is good.

25 comments:

  1. Blondie,
    This post would be a good one for a newbie to read. It really shows what it's like to be in a trusting, solid dd relationship. I'd forgotten about the Four Ds, but this was a good reminder. I had to laugh at your 5th D. Sam would love it if I was a bit more Disorganized.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ella, I would love it if I was able to help even person with a DD relationship, through my experience. I guess you are an organized person? I am pretty good but definitely organization is not one of my strong points. I use to have to color coordinate my calendars, each child had their own color. Fun times.

      Delete
  2. My wife is the one in charge, gives the spankings, been this way from our first day of marriage. I would have it no other way, less stress, she states improved behavior. Others do know, can't hide a spanking if sitting on pews in church, or going out to eat. Jack

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jack, I am so glad that your spanking relationship really works. It makes for a great marriage no matter who is who. Pew seats can be rather hard to sit on after a good spanking, I agree. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Blondie,
    So glad you are blogging frequently. I always associate your blog with that fateful morning when Chelsea and others used your blog to comment on bloggers who lie. So good and so interesting. Do you remember? I was so knew to blogging and felt your steady presence.
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Meredith, I do remember very vividly. That time has made me very cautious about whom I become friends with. I am often jealous of the friendships others here have found, good ones where they actually are friends outside of blogland. I have never figured out why someone would pretend to be someone they are not. A lot of us got hurt. Clint and Chelsea's website allowed me a chance to talk to others who were in the lifestyle at a time when I didn't know much about it but was really interested in it. Since, I guess 2011, my marriage has just gotten better and better. A far cry from where we were. I am really glad that you felt I was a steady presence during that time. You have become a fantastic blogger and I know that you area a good friend to many of the ladies around here. DD-ttwd, really works for you and Jack and you two are great role models

      Delete
    2. Thank you for your kind words, Blondie. I appreciate it. That day that summer is so in my memory. Glad you are back.
      M

      Delete
  4. Enjoying seeing you post and comment, Blondie ... we started at the ADDS website/blog last year with similar 'formal' DD categories ... but really, to me, if you turn them around to their positives, they are the basis of any good, long lasting relationship ... outside of the ' Disorganized' that is ... don't kmow that Frank will ever spank that one out of me ;)) ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I don't know think that I will ever become truly organized other. I agree with you, these are all positives and make for a good, long lasting marriage. One old blogger wanted to change Domestic Discipline to Domestic Harmony. I always loved that way of looking at it. I can't believe how lucky I am that we found a way that makes our marriage so good that it is almost overwhelmingly good.
      I am glad that you are blogging. It is always nice to make new friends. And I look forward to getting to know you.

      Delete
  5. I'm so happy for you! All that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you PK. And thank you for always being there and being present. Whenever I think about blogland, you are one of the first people who come to mind and I always miss you when I am away.

      Delete
  6. Hi Blondie,

    What a lovely post and reflection on how you and Ty have evolved in your ttwd relationship. You last paragraph really made me smile. I'm so glad you two are in such a good space :)

    I remember questioning everything too in the beginning. One of the first blogs I started reading back in the day was Clint and Chelsea's Learning Domestic Discipline and I always remembered the 4D's. You 5th D gave me a giggle.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roz, I am glad that you are here as my friend and that you have been around for the journey. Life is way different then it was seven years ago. How far we have come.

      Delete
  7. Blondie we also found Clint and Chelsea before our journey began into TTWD. You have come a long way since yours began and the love shines through. Wonderful!
    Hugs Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lindy. It has really taken years to get to where we are now. I can't believe my journey when I look back at old posts. Seeing your comments always made my day, I appreciate your support.

      Delete
  8. OH my goodness, as I'm finishing room two of a MAJOR declutter, I feel I need to have your 5th D! :) Now to admit that to the Duke... eek! lol I have loved reading your blog all along. And I found Clint and Chelsea too as one of the first, I can't remember if they were the very first, or close to it, still, I learned a lot. Didn't always agree with everything they wrote, then again, do we ever fully agree with anyone on anything? LOL I was so thankful for their blog back then. We too don't have the rules we tried to make in the beginning. I think I even still have that first list in our locked chest. I'll have to check. Oh, wanting to do DD just right, and feeling the need that we had to have that lengthy list right in place to do it right, to look like we were doing it right to others. LOL OIH!!! lol So glad we learned. :) Thank you for the trip down memory lane. :)
    Hugs, EsMay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. EsMay, don't tell the Duke about my last D. We will keep that to ourselves, lol. I didn't agree with everything Clint and Chelsea said but they were really helpful. It's too bad that things changed. We will have to compare our first list of rules someday. It would be fun. Thanks for being here.

      Delete
  9. Hi Blondie, :) I am so happy that things are going well for you and Ty! That has me SO smiling!❤️ Sounds like youhave a good working framework that has really made a big difference! Wonderful!

    Rob and I never got into the D's, we've always just made it our own, and focused on specific things that got in the way of loving well. (I guess that is how to describe it.) That worked out well for us. I really didn't follow Clint and Chelsea back then. Mr. BBSpanker was helpful to me, and Ami back in the day. I heard recently that he had passed, which was sad to hear... Love seeing you around! Many hugs,

    ❤️Katie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Katie, my friend, thank you for being here not only as a blog friend but someone who reached out to me at other times. Our rules have changed and there aren't so many now. I remember Mr.BBSpanker. It's sad to hear that he passed away, he had a good following.

      Delete
  10. Blondie,
    I love hearing your story and the end result. It's a beautiful testimony to what many experience by pursuing and living this lifestyle.
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baker, well it's not the end of the story, lol. As you know, there are always ups and downs. Making friends, like you, has always been what blogging is about. The support is priceless.

      Delete
  11. Yippee! Glad to see you here and even happier to hear you are doing well. Rediscovery can be so grand....
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Blondie! I knew I'd make it over here. Now you have my curiosity up -- I think I'll head over to Clint and Chelsea's next. I know my husband found them shortly after he started researching. I remember them having a Boot Camp that we, at first, thought would be fun to try. But the more we researched, the more we thought (er.....I thought....) "Please, no, no, no, Please!" LOL I do remember seeing the D's but I may need to revisit that site again. Thanks for the information. Glad to find your blog..... I'm looking forward to getting to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many people were introduced to each other through LDD- especially the chat room and later controversies/rumours aside, the beauty of those introductions can still be seen/felt years later.

    Anywho, the best part of being at this so long is the not actively worrying about it any longer. Well not worrying if you are doing it right or wrong that is! LOL

    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Lady,

    I never followed LDD- wasn't my type of blog. You know me, all about the emotional crap. LOL. Anyway I know many of you found each other and supported each other through it which used to leak out into blogland- so for that I am greatful ( though I miss reading those blogs :( ).

    With Google + disappearing and all the chats and groups under it leaving soon too, I have been doing a lot of rereading. I think I have over 5000 chat conversations! It was so amazing back then discovering with others what makes us tick or not.

    Speaking of which, " Ty is the husband of my dreams" WOW! So incredibly happy for you! Ttwd is so absolutely wonderful when it provides us all the opportunity to tick off all the boxes for one another!

    Hope you continue to post for a long time

    willie

    ReplyDelete