Sunday, January 27, 2019

Missing My Dad Today


I am really missing my dad today. Today is not any kind of a special day, I have just been thinking about him. My dad passed away in November. He had been sick for a long time and we all knew that he wasn't getting better. He had COPD and congestive heart failure and had been living on oxygen 24/7 for the last six years. Unfortunately, he took a fall and hit his head. I don't know how it all works and all I know is that he had a DNR and the paramedics couldn't do any life saving actions on him, so he never regained consciousness. He was 87. Ty and I were on vacation, down in Southern California when we got the call. He was a photographer by trade and an artist at heart. He was always funny and was very tolerant of others. There are times when I don't feel the loss as much, but today kind of is a harder day. Tomorrow will be better.


11 comments:

  1. {{{HUGS}}} Grief can be so hard, and it can appear out of no where, with no trigger at all. I am so sorry that today is hard. I don't have any great words of wisdom, but I'm here if you ever need to talk. I've never lost a parent, but have lost a son and several close to me. Praying for you, if that is alright?
    Hugs, EsMay PS, thank you for the comment earlier, I was so scared to put it up, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for the loss of you Dad, Blondie. Losing our parents is really hard no matter what age. They say time heals but I beg to differ. I think we just learn to live with it more. Take your time to grieve and remember all the good times you had with your Dad.
    Sending HUGS your way.
    Lindy xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will tell you it does get a bit easier, but grief still comes out of now where. I was at my nephew's wedding last night and his wife was dancing with her Dad and I felt it again. My Dad never met B so I obviously didn't get to dance with him.

    I also know from first hand experience you need to embrace this grief now. I didn't and 6 moths later it bolted me over. You are allowed to be sad, angry whatever. You may have many siblings but your grief is personal to, go through your process.

    As always I'm here for you if you need.

    Love willie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing what you're feeling about your Dad today, Blondie. Sending my love and hugs across the internet airways. Windy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes sharing that you miss someone who's gone is a way of remembering ... so good that your thoughts of your Dad include happy memories of the best of him ... nj ... xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so very sorry for the loss of your Dad Blondie, and that today has been particularly hard. Allow yourself to feel what you feel. Grief is a process and some days are harder than others. We lost Mum a year ago last November and I miss her.

    Sending lots of love and thinking of you.

    Hugs
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seem like in here was your unspoken worry that you weren't there or if you had been something else could have been done. It's human nature to feel that way and especially the nature of daughters. The older I get and the more friends and family members I lose I feel more and more that things happen the way they are supposed to. My children now know that when I am no longer getting joy from life to get ready, because if I get a UTI or pneumonia they are NOT to treat it. I want to go naturally and I don't want them insisting I cling to this life when I have marvelously adventures awaiting me! I still miss my parents greatly, but while that's sad for me it's a joy for them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved that you wrote about your dad and how you miss him. It has been many years since I lost my father, and while the grief mellows, it never goes away. Just my opinion, but I believe we have to keep telling people we know the happy memories we have and the funny ones, too. It helps us to step away from the grief that causes us to wallow. Keep telling those stories, Blondie. I, for one, would like to hear a few more here.

    Hugs From Ella

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grief does come in waves. A story, a piece of clothing, a favorite food all bring our memories to the forefront. Years can pass and those things will still trigger fresh moments of grief. It seems you've embraced them and that is so healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the others, Blondie. It is also very private and personal and you never know what item or memory may trigger something special. You are doing a good job as you process through all of this and reaching out is also very good. Letting us know where you're at can be very beneficial as it means you are acknowledging all that is going on in your head and heart.
    Sending many prayers and love,
    --Baker

    ReplyDelete
  11. It seems it's all ways the little things that trigger memories. I hope today is a good day for you.

    Love,
    Ronnie
    xx

    ReplyDelete