There were so many more things that happened this past year. Needless to say, it's been rough.My daughter always asks me, "Mom, why do you always forgive me every time I hurt you?"
Of course all of the motherly responses come spilling out..... I love you no matter, there is nothing that you can do that would make me stop loving you, to love is to forgive, like God forgave me, I forgive you, that's my job, etc......
But in the back of my head, a little voice yells "enough already, stop doing stupid stuff and hurting yourself, your family and me". And I pray that one day she will see the light. And things have been better around here. She has settled into the family routine. She is taking some college classes, involved in the Christian club at college, making new friends, and being more honest than I can ever remember. So deep breaths where she is concerned.
My boys are doing good. Ben is 14, freshman in high school. He is playing rec soccer and water polo for the high school team. He loves school and is doing okay, four A's and 2 F'x - lol (mom is just shaking her head and smiling). He is attending his first Homecoming dance this weekend with a childhood friend. He is very excited. This is one of those kids that everyone likes. He is just a nice person, has a great sense of humor, is thoughtful, and stubborn.Will, my 16 year old is doing okay. I think that all the nonsense with Missy affected him the most. But this kid is going places. He worked his tail off all summer, bought himself a car, is still working and getting A's and B's. 90% of the time he is just about the best you could ask for, the other 10%, well he is probably what you would consider a very wild 16 year old. He plays rugby and is just about good at anything he does. He is blessed with good looks and a nice personality (kind of like his fathers). And he is my only blonde hair, blue eyed kid.

Patrick, well he is in his third year of college. He is about to graduate (3.8 gpa)and will have a fire science degree and his EMT license. He wants to be a firefighter.He just turned 21. Besides eating me out of house and home, and leaving his messes around, he is really a great person. Wicked sense of humor. Oh, he is the body builder too, which explains why he eats so much - like 3000 healthy calories a day. And I have to warn all those women around here that are checking him out and making comments about him, "hello, I am his mother, keep your cougar eyes and cougar words away from me and him!" Just needed to vent there.
And then there is Tyler, my 23 year old. For a young man who has been blessed with so many great qualities, he has just the lowest self esteem and can't seem to get going with his life. For now, we are praying that he will figure things out, make some good choices, and move on with his life (and out of our house - no matter how much I love having him around).
Dig a hole, put the past 12 months into it, cover it up, and say good bye.Life is still challenging and I am sure that there will still be heartbreak and disappointments and I am sure that I will get through that too. That's life.

Happy to hear things are going better, Blondie! Kiddos sure can be a challenge can't they. I've always said my boys are the source of my greatest joy as well as my greatest sorrow. Thanks for sharing. Sending lots of positive energy that things keep going well.
ReplyDeleteHugs and blessings...Cat
Great to hear all your boys are doing well Blondie. No matter what age they still make us worry. My 3 kids are all over 30 now and boy do they give me grey hairs. Particularly the youngest.
ReplyDeleteSending positive vibes your way. Take care and look after yourself too.
Hugs Lindy
Hi Blondie, I enjoyed reading about your boys and glad to hear they are doing well. So glad to hear things are better. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way and hope your daughter and eldest son find their way.
ReplyDeleteHugs
Roz
Sounds like all and all things are well. It's hard not to focus on the problems instead of the blessing - because the problems need 'fixing' in your mind. But it sounds to me like you are doing the best you can and from the results, that's pretty darn good overall.
ReplyDeleteEvery day is a new day to start over! It sounds like your daughter is trying to do just that and realizes that she needs to do that. It also reads as if she has awesome parents who are going to keep her starting over when she needs to.
ReplyDeleteOf all the folks, I always felt like we had much in common. Keep your head up girlie... You walk the talk and you are amazing
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I missed this...sorry to be commenting so late. Loved hearing how your children are doing. As mothers we feel all our children's heartaches as strongly as they do themselves just as we feel their joys. We hope for them. We want them to succeed in life and be happy. We get frustrated when they don't listen or make poor choices. We try to listen and support them. We do our best. Sometimes we fail. Nobody's perfect. We love. We LOVE. That is the thing our children will be left with forever. I just know you are a great mom...your children will find their way each in their own turn. Big hugs to you!
ReplyDelete