Sunday, May 19, 2013

Being Bald is Sexy


It's a win-win situation. This is how it works. Support a friend and her cause, be in a raffle to win a paddle from Blondies Place.

 Red Booty Woman

If you are a reader of Red Booty Woman's blog, you are familiar with our friend Christina. Her mother is suffering with ALS.




What you might not know is that Christina is going to shave her head.

Yep shave off all of her beautiful hair. In order to raise money in support of ALS,
Christina is going to shave her head.


 


And she is looking for friends to support her in this.

What can you do to support her?

YOU CAN SPONSER HER!!!!!!

Now just saying I am too busy or I can't because I don't want anyone to know who I am. Not good enough of an excuse!
The donations are anonymous. And if you donate even one dollar or a hundred dollars, every single cent helps. If you can't afford to give financially, leave a comment supporting Christina.

 Here is the website -

http://my.e2rm.com/personalPage.aspx?registrationID=1878767

Please Sponsor C's Head Shave for ALS

Your support is truly appreciated.


C's Head Shave for ALS
$1,050.00
[52 % of goal]
$2,000.00

Jun 8, 2013 8:30 AM
Hamilton Walk

My Message
I am going to shave my head in support of the 2013 WALK for ALS and your support will make a difference for families in Ontario whose lives have been touched by ALS, like ours. My Mom, Elaine, has dealt with ALS with dignity and grace and I want to make a sacrifice of something deeply personal in her name and honour. I'm sacrificing my hair.


ALS (Lou Gehrig’s disease) is a paralyzing, life-e
more

Personally speaking, supporting Christina in her cause is a no brainer. Christina has been such an important part of blogland. I don't think that there is anyone who doesn't like her. Her blog is funny, you never know what kind of mischief she is up to. She has a lot of experience and is willing to honestly share her dd lifestyle with us. And she is always the first to give encouragement someone who is struggling. And right now, Christina is really struggling.

But to further entice you, there will be a raffle. You let us know that you stopped by her website and donated or commented and your name will be placed in a raffle.

Blondie's Place is donating a paddle to the winner of the raffle.
 


 
PLEASE JOIN ME IN SUPPORTING CHRISTINA AND HER WORK FOR ALS
THANKS
 
DRAWING IS JUNE 8TH

55 comments:

  1. Visited the Christina the other day. Also clicked on the lady.

    ReplyDelete
  2. An amazing cause. Thanks for sharing Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a good cause to support a great friend. Thanks

      Delete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this.
    I have donated to her cause...
    it is one that NEEDS a cure!
    What a brave woman!

    Hugs,
    fiona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Fiona and I will be sure to pass on your comment to Christina

      Delete
  4. Blondie, this is amazing. I just donated to Christina's cause. I can really relate to the value of your hair and shaving it off for a cause is such a HUGE act and so beautiful. Christina has a huge heart. Nice of you to show support and help her, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Riley for all of your support. Friends help friends...... even friends we haven't met before.

      Delete
  5. It's wonderful how people in blogland really come together to support each other with causes. Your raffle is a great support and I'll enter because I'm sure H would like to win............

    Callie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blogland is very special. I have not seen this kind of closeness in any other blogging communities. Good luck on winning the raffle

      Delete
  6. Hey Blondie...you are such an awesome friend to hold this raffle. Yup, donated...hoping we can get at least 50% more than C's goal.

    Blessings,
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cat, you have always been a good friend to Christina and actually to all of us. I hope we meet her goal at least blogland matching 50%

      Delete
  7. What a great friend. (Might I say though, that not everyone wants a paddle? Lol) I can donate but if I win please give the paddle to somebody who churns butter for a living or something ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stormy if you win the paddle, I don't think I can mail it to Australia anyway - so no worries. Lol

      Delete
  8. What a nice thought Blondie :)

    I would love to support Christina, but just like stormy, please if I do end up winning pass on my price to someone who gets less in trouble than I do lol
    Of course not that I dont think your paddles are a work of art, just that my backside is not ready for a new implement hehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we can all be like Rogue and use the new paddle we win on our husbands - just a reminder of how sensitive our bottoms are and that they better be doing their Hoh job or else................ I know wishful thinking.

      Delete
  9. What a great idea Blondie! I would love to support Christina! I don't mind having a paddle visit my house, as I get the UPS and Mail pretty much 100% of the time... I think I could stand winning a paddle and hiding it for one of those rare moments where I could use it on "H"! :)

    Of course, if he found it first, then we may have problems... I could see having a love / hate relationship with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for supporting Christina. And you could always claim that it is a cheese board until you are ready to admit the truth. Lol

      Delete
  10. On my way to visit the site:) What a great way to show your support Blondie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tess, Christina is a great person. And if you ever need me to do something like this for you, I would do it in a heart beat

      Delete
  11. I think it's wonderful that you're supporting Christina like this Blondie. I was happy to donote to such a worthwhile cause! Christina has been nothing but kind and supportive to me and to finally have a tangible way to support something and someone so near and dear to her heart was great :) I would love to have one of your beautiful paddles! I would very much appreciate it......as a work of art :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Queenie, I will be sure to pass your kind words to Christina. And like I said before, it is a great cheese board. Lol

      Delete
  12. Christina,

    I'm in the same boat right now with my mom, though not shaving my head, hair way too much of a trademark'
    Blondie my friend . how is it going.

    laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auntie Laurie, it's about time you showed yourself around here. I have my kids all packed up and ready to go to bootcamp.
      I know that your mom is going also has ALS and you and C could really support each other.
      Maybe Rob can shave his head. Lol
      Miss you and hope that you are hanging in there

      Delete
    2. that's already rob's look . just saying remember?

      hope all is well with you.


      L

      Delete
  13. I donated! Thanks so much for sponsoring a raffle-- you're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renee, thanks so much for donating. I would sponsor a raffle for a cause like this any time. Blogland friends stick together. I think you are pretty awesome too

      Delete
  14. Very nice idea...but it's perfectly okay to NOT put my name in the raffle. Your paddles are beautiful Blondie--friends have sent pictures. All I can say is no, no, no, no, no! :)

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Susie, I may have to enter your name into the raffle even if you don't donate. I can even enter it twice. I wouldn't want you to miss out and not have paddle like your friends.

      Delete
  15. Thanks Blondie for posting this. I'm off to visit Christina's site right now and will be pleased to donate.

    Hugs

    Ami

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ami, that is awesome and Christina really appreciates your support.

      Delete
  16. We made a donation. I hope we win that paddle! (My wife..not so much) :)

    -- Clint (& Chelsea)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clint and Chelsea for making the donation. And thanks to Chelsea with her help with the raffle. I know she has a great program that works with raffles. You two, well Chelsea for sure (lol), are great friends to Christina.

      Delete
  17. We're happy to support Christina. I don't think we need another paddle, although Steve would be thrilled to have another one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dana for supporting Christina. I know that you have been a great friend to Christina and been supportive of her just being a friend.

      Delete
  18. Thanks Blondie. I plan on sponsoring next week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Minelle, what do you think your chances are of winning another paddle raffle?

      Delete
  19. I'm in awe of Christina! Such a special thing she's doing for her mom! I visited her page, and although I'm unable to make a financial contribution this week (I wish I could!), I did leave her a few words of support. You're an awesome friend to help her out by sweetening the pot this way!

    Tracy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel, I am in awe of C too. She is a one of a kind person. Believe me, since I am in a similar situation, your words of support that you leave as a comment are greatly appreciated. Christina has been a great friend and pulled me through some difficult times, making me become her friend and not disappearing. This is the least I can do for her.

      Delete
  20. I sponsored Christina too. Thanks for doing this raffle. What a great idea! You are a rock star!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! A rock star! And to think of all the times I got angry at my mom for not taking me to Hollywood, I knew that I could be a star.
      Thanks for donating

      Delete
  21. Thanks for doing this. This is so awesome to see all the love and support. I just went over and donated.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your support. Personally, I haven't seen you comment on my blog before, so thank you for stopping by. And now you can even win a paddle!

      Delete
  22. Oh my Word. I am posting here under duress. Entering a raffle for a paddle is not my idea of a good idea.....but supporting Christina and a good cause is! :) I donated...and my HoH made me post here. LOL Thanks Blondie for your kindness and generosity!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for donating. You know sometimes being a blonde, things get lost in the mail. Lol. My husband would spank me if that ever happened, dang it!
      Thank you for supporting Christina

      Delete
  23. Hi Blondie,

    It is so lovely of you and Ty to offer your support to Christina in this way. Thank you.

    What a wonderful, loving and personal gesture Christina is making for her Mom.

    Hugs,
    Roz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roz, ummmm Ty didn't know about this till after the fact, lol. But he too loves Christina and would have done it too. She is a one of a kind person.
      And I agree, this is a wonderful gesture to for her mom and it is also a way of showing others how to support a great cause

      Delete
  24. Hi Blondie,
    You donating a paddle is a beautiful show of support for Christina and her family. I have already stopped by her blog to show my support. It's so amazing to see so many people donate and express words if encouragement!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kim, if it helped Christina, I would donate two paddles. Anything to help a friend. I consider you and all our blog land family as friends. Just ask if you ever need anything.
      And thank you so much for supporting Christina

      Delete
  25. Hi, Blondie. I read in a few places that you were raffling off a paddle in support of Christina's supporters. I don't need no stinkin' wood paddle, so I stayed away from here! ;-)

    I've been over at Christina's, and to the ALS site several times since her announcement. The event donations are going very well. I think it's great you're helping this way, and that others are blogging about this, too.

    Irishey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Irishy, I should send a paddle to your house just because your hiatus was wayyyyy too long. Missed you

      Delete
    2. Lol! I have such good friends. Just FYI, I have more pervertibles here than you can shake a stick at, and none of them are going to get corrupted if I can prevent it.

      Oh, also FYI, I was looking for a rustic resort in my state (D likes outdoor stuff, western theme, cabin in the wilderness, etc.), and the first or second page of search results turned up a nudist resort! Of course, I immediately thought of you! ;-)

      I asked D if he might be interested - not so much. He is a shy kind of guy. Maybe I should remind him the fish will be naked, too? He loves to fish, but I doubt even that would sway him. That's just as well for me though - I haven't seen my Barbie body for well over a decade. I don't recognize whose skin I'm now living in. @..@

      Big hugs

      Irishey

      Delete
  26. I forgot to comment and say I donated.

    I donated.

    Put my name down as Renee Rose...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry, Clint, I just can't do that to Chelsea. ;)

      Delete
  27. Hi Blondie,
    Christina sent me this way to submit my name. Donated and did a plug for her on my blog. I hope she makes her goal. It is great what you are doing for her with this raffle.
    Blue Bird

    ReplyDelete