I can't believe it but it is true, today is my official
What a year!
There is so much I have thought about writing today. But it is hard to put into words. I am not finding a way to say how I feel.
This past year, I have found myself and have made some new friends. I have learned so much about my little world and the real world. I now know that I am not alone and that there are many people that are like me and accept me for being me.
I would love to thank everyone personally who has touched my life in some way. Anything from an anonymous comment to an all out friendship has been a blessing. I have been offered support, had questions answered, had others laugh with me and cry with me too. I wish that all of you could be my everyday friends. Yet I hope that it is enough to know that in a different way, you are my everyday friends since I seem to visit blogland daily.
I was going to suggest that instead of leaving a comment, maybe ask a question or share a memory or a time that you felt a connection.
And I still need to leave my trademark pictures.






Happy anniversary Blondie!
ReplyDeleteNow what shall we do? 1 spank? 12 spanks? 52 spanks? Maybe 365?
It's your party. You can choose.
A memory? In my mind you will always be connected to "The case of the disappearing friend". It still makes me sad.
I guess it depends on the implement that he uses..... We had aour little Sunday reconnect yesterday and I am still a little sore. But whatever he wants to give, I'll be happy. Lol
DeleteI have to tell you, I miss my old friend Sarah soooooo much. Especially right now because this is when we really clicked and became instant friends and sisters. I hope that hse is okay and I will always wonder what happened
I remember that too, Bas...that was really sad!
ReplyDeleteIt is probably one of the saddest things that has ever happened to me.
DeleteOops, I guess since it is an anniversary we should be thinking happy things, so what was the last thing that made you laugh out loud? Someone (can't remember who) posted about dog and cat friends. I have cats and it made me laugh so much.
ReplyDeletehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbycvPwr1Wg
Especially the one where the cat friend wakes the guy up to tell them they are out of cereal...so true!
Oh and from your blog that fact that this Christmas is going to be a couple's effort with you and your husband.
Merry, Merry and Happy Happy...Christmas and Anniversary!
That is so silly. I am still chuckling. Thanks for the much needed laugh. And so far so good with my husband helping out. He is actually bringing home a tree tonight and offered to help decorate. That will be a first. And he has been offering to pick up stuff, that I think of, on his lunch break. He is a good guy and he tries really hard.
DeleteMerry Christmas to you too.
Happy Blogiversary Blondie! May you have many more. Here's my question to you - Were there any of your posts that in hindsight, you either would not have written or would have written differently? ;)
ReplyDeleteYou always have such great pics.
Blessings,
Cat
Cat, I went back through my old posts and there were some ones that I thought were stupid (now) but nothing I would not have written. Written differently? I am not sure. When I blog I just write how I talk. I tried to write a short story and boy was it wordy (lol).
DeleteThanks for commenting and always providing me with a laugh
Happy Blogging Anniversary Blondie! I've got to give you props for being brave and giving your husband that very special getaway despite your initial misgivings. Made me think to myself, "now there's a woman who is willing to go outside of her comfort zone in order to please her man!" :)
ReplyDeleteAwwww thanks Tess. That made me feel really good inside. It was a giant step for me. But through ttwd and the change in our relationship, it is so much easier to make the effort. But thanks so much for noticing.
DeleteHappy Blogging Anniversary Blondie. You always have such great pix. Things I remember from the past year, the clothing fee weekend because we had done that; the friend you lost and felt so defeated over; fretting over the lack of large Christmas presents this year.
ReplyDeleteLook forward to another year of friendship here in blogland.
It is really neat that I can just write about what is going on in my heart and head and still feel safe. Those posts were some big ones for me. I miss my friend and who she was when I knew her, that was pretty scary going to the nudist place. But my post on Christmas made me realize what a great community there is here. There wasn't a lot of sugar coating in the comments. Just lots of support, advice and encouragement. Even my husband, who read the post and comments, felt the support from the community.
DeleteHappy Blogiversary, Blondie!
ReplyDeleteI don't have any questions for you.
Share a memory or time I had a connection: Wellllll, every comment of yours I read, then every post you posted, your replies to comments, told me you were real. But, it was more than that. I felt you could be a good friend, and are someone to be trusted. You could say I rolled the dice, but I was right. You'll always hold that most special place in my heart.
Hugs, my friend...
Irishey
Irishey, I am so glad that you took a chance with me. It made me feel really fortunate. And I am soooooo excited about your new blog!!!!!!! My time management, lately..... ok usually, has been really bad. Hugs to you to my friend.
DeleteCONGRATULATIONS and Happy Blogiversary!!!
ReplyDeleteYour friend,
MrBB
Thanks! I am really glad that I stumbled across your blog. I really do love it. Hope to see you around blogland
DeleteCongratulations on one year. It seems many of us starting near the same time and lurked around the same time so that is a neat connection to share. Tess mentioned your vacation and that was good. I enjoyed the things you shared about your son and daughter as well. I appreciate that you can be funny at times and then also serious. Wishing you many more good blogs posts. I'll enjoy reading them. **Hugs**
ReplyDeleteSNP, well I have always felt a connection with you. You may not remember this but I was so impressed with how you freely spoke about your faith. I was trying so hard not to offend anyone. You gave me that extra push to just be myself. The fact that I am a little older than you still kinda stinks for me. Lol. Thank you
DeleteHappy blogversary! I have many memories of your posts. I agree that up there is the nudist holiday, the post about your disappearing friend, and the Christmas post. I think I learned a great deal from you sharing your struggles regarding the missed celebration. This year I am trying to focus more on the meaning and not get caught up in the hype.
ReplyDeleteI also fret about disappearing blogfriends as well. You always worry about them!
Those were all big moments in the past year. Two of them really touched by heart and the other one just proved that I was crazy in love with my man. Lol. My husband and I were so touched by the comments on my Christmas post. I have never felt so much love and support. And my husband was touched too.
DeleteI found this letter on Pinterest, it is a letter written to a child about Santa. The child has asked if Santa was real. The mom's answer was so good that I have decided to put a similar letter in each of my children's stocking this year. (My youngest one no longer believes). But focusing on this thought (letter) has really helped me calm down. Santa was a way of showing love, caring and kindness in celebration of our Lord's birth.
Blogfriends disappearing.........I hope that it was a fluke for me and that this won't ever happen again. I have taken some chances and made some new friends and I think that in the end, it will some how all work out. But if I happen to need to leave blogland, I will send you a forwarding address. ;-)
Happy one year Blondie! For some reason I though it was longer!
ReplyDeleteA point of connection....humm...
This is maybe kind of general but from the time I started seeing you post and comment, you were always very clearly the real thing. You have always embraced people from all different walks of ttwd and that has impressed me. When I've seen others take sides and drama commence, you have not been a part of that and it seems like in staying open you've been blessed. We have too! This blog of yours is one very honest place. Thank you for being here!
oh great, make me cry.... Thank you so much for your kind words (I write this with tears in my eyes). I love being part of blogland. And I have no reason to be part of any of the negative or to judge someone else. Life is too short and that is not why I am here. I like making new friends (like you). Thank you for being a friend.
Deletehappy blogesversary!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!!
Deletecongrats, and happy annisversary blondie :) may there be many more
ReplyDeletehugs kiwi xx
Thanks!!!!
DeleteHappy blogaversary, Blondie. I hope you enjoy many more happy blogging years.
ReplyDeleteHugs,
Hermione
Thanks Hermione and thank you for all your support this past year in answering any questions and all that good stuff
DeleteHappy one-year, Blondie!
ReplyDeleteRiley, miss talking to ya. Hope things are going well.
DeleteI just realized I forgot to answer your question! I think you know what my connection is to you :) Gosh, it was nearly a year ago I emailed you. How time flies!
DeleteBlondie,
ReplyDeleteSorry I'm late to the party. Congratulations and happy blogiversary.
Love,
Ronnie
xx
Thanks Ronnie, I think that your pictures are what inspired me to alwlays use pictures in my posts.
DeleteI'm late too! Been so busy these days BUT - Happy Blogversary!!!
ReplyDelete:)
Now, let's hope there are many more, I do enjoy reading.
Thanks Emi!Don't blog parties last at least a week???? I can't imagine why you have been so busy lately, lol. Hang in there
DeleteCongrats on your 1st blogiversary, Blondie!!! So often I relate to the dynamic between you and your husband. :)
ReplyDeleteHi Blondie and Happy Anniversary!!! One year is really great!
ReplyDeleteI have to say you are one of the bloggers I identify with the strongest. You and I seem to have taken a similar path to where we are - decent marriages that went bad and then became great after introducing spanking and Dd. So often I read your post and think "exactly."
I loved the post you wrote about your daughter because I could have written the same about either of my girls too. I love the strong loving relationship you have with your kids. Being a mom is amazing and you obviously do it well.
Here's to many more years here in blogland!
Just found my way here, but happy bloggiversary!! :)
ReplyDelete~ Elle
Sending you a belated Happy Bloggiversary. Thank you for blogging, because I get a little more knowledge of the dynamics of DD, when I read other people's blogs. I'm not very good at posting on mine, yet many times I write a short story in the comment section of other blogs. May God bless you and all you love, Belle L.
ReplyDelete