
A couple of weeks ago, probably during our Tuesday Night Date, for the first time, I cried and cried. after the spanking.And the sore throat and headache really made me question why people think it is so important for a woman to cry and the end of the spanking - the release.
I have read, in so many different places, about why the release and the crying is so healthy and good for the reason behind the spanking.
Okay, I understand that there is a difference between crying during the spanking as in regard to the after the spanking. We probably all scream and cry and beg for the spanking to be over, yelling how sorry we are and praying that the spanking will be over. That is something I know I do. Well, except for the cry part - never during or after, not even before.
About seven years ago, a terrible tragedy hit my family. It was horrible and devastating. I was being pulled in so many different directions as my children each needed me in different ways. And Ty and I blamed each other. I really blamed him. I questioned my faith because I begged God for comfort and direction and I felt nothing.I have never cried so much in my entire life. If you add up all of the times I have cried through the years, I cried even more than that during the heartbreaking time. And when I finally stopped crying, that was it. I never cried again.
That's not to say that I don't get teary. When I am really mad, hurt, or happy, I will get teary. But the break down sobbing crying was gone. I really don't care what people think about that statement, you can say that that is not possible, it's all in my head, etc. But I truly stopped crying. And I can honestly say that this incident was the beginning of the end of our marriage. Too much blame, too much hurt, and not enough trust or desire to return to being a couple. Time did not heal our marriage or our hearts. We even partook in 3 1/2 years of marriage counseling. Yep, no crying. Tears but no sobbing or releasing of my internal self.
For some reason or reasons, I finally let loose and cried and it happened to be at the end and after a spanking. It was kind of a punishment spanking, definitely not a fun one. I was worried about my dad, there were some painful feelings that were emerging regarding the incident in one of my
children, boyfriend issues, and generally just life. Too many places to go and to much to do. Okay, okay, I will admit it, I was being a little snippy.......well maybe rude........ okay, okay, I was being a real bitch. Plus I wasn't getting all my work done and I didn't care.
Tuesday night rolled along. Ty and I talked about things, then he did the lecture thing which continued during the warm up. And then the spanking. I don't think either of us made any noise during the spanking. He would stop every once in awhile to see how I was doing but there was nothing. No remorse, no "let's get this over with", nothing. Usually after the spanking we cuddle and he always forgives me and makes sure I forgive myselfThis time was different, he wasn't done. He began talking to me while spanking me. Usually there is no way I can focus on what he is saying during a spanking but I heard his words. hey were words of l
ove and support. I was safe with him. And I finally felt it, I felt safe.
That feeling alone began to overwhelm me. Knowing that I really wasn't all alone with all this chaos of life, that was overwhelming. Realizing that we really are a team and he is my rock, again overwhelming. I knew that when my father passed, or the soccer season ended, or all of the other things that were too much to handle, Ty has my back. He is the strength when I am weak.
And so I began to cry. Probably shocked the hell out of Ty. He did say that he was happy that I was finally able to just release it all. The thing is, I don't want to cry like that again
. I want to feel sorrow during times of sadness, I want to feel my feelings right then and there. This sobbing just gave me a head ache and a sore throat.

Blondie
ReplyDeleteI seldom cry during a spanking, but often after when I am just so emotional that the tears flow. Three years is a long time to do ttwd/dd and you are still happy! Hooray!
Meredith
Well, it sounds like these moments of letting go are pretty rare for you, so it's going to be intense and maybe kinda yucky. It's not as rare for me, but I hate that exhausted, hoarse, spent feeling that can come afterwards. I think for me it feels okay when I can wrap my head around why I had such an intense reaction. If I can make sense of it, then it's helpful but that's not always the case. It doesn't always end in a peaceful slumber.
ReplyDeleteMaybe your head will sort it out but if not, perhaps it just needed to come out from way below the surface and that's okay too. This feeling stuff is stinking complicated.
I won't go into too much detail here, as you pretty much know my life story anyway ;) , but trust me when I say I know all about not succumbing to my emotions. On occasion my breath has 'hitched' or I have let out a couple, and I literally mean a COUPLE of sobbing noises after a spanking- but out and out sob -NO. This all started with the death of my father years ago. Since starting ttwd my emotions have been all over the place, but emotional release? No.
ReplyDeleteDespite the fact that you don't want that time of exhaustion ( and perhaps vulnerability) again, you know this is a good thing. Blondie I have been on the end of two decades of bottled up emotions and you don't want to stay there any longer than you already have. You have had and have many things to deal with, and I understand in many ways you have to keep yourself strong. The upcoming year with everything on your plate isn't going to be easy. I'm not going to lie. BUT the fact that you have the feeling settled in your bones that Ty is there for you, let that comfort you when you feel yourself closing up. That won't be easy either, but you have now seen/felt the gift bestowed upon- you embrace it.
love
Willie
( ps.....Ty's not the only one here for you- (even if my here is several time zones away) you know.)
Oh I saw this on facebook today about tears....
Deletehttp://www.lifebuzz.com/tears/#!NhcXK
Some people place a ton of emphasis on the crying thing, but I think everyone is different and I don't think that the success of a spanking should be measured by that, or any other single factor. Personally, whether I cry during/after a spanking or not has so much to do with all of the external factors and stress that brought me to that place to begin with. Not so much the attitude or rule break or whatever I'm getting spanked for...but whatever else life's throwing at me to cause me to feel so much attitude or stress or whatever. Often, there's a clear-cut issue and we deal with it and we feel closer and I feel all sorted out at the end without any tears. But sometimes there's just more going on inside than we are even aware of...and when circumstances align just right, the only healthy place all of that can go is OUT. It's sounds like you identified several of the stress triggers that are impacting you right now...and the safe environment that Ty created for you, through the spanking and his words, allowed you the vulnerability and protection that you needed to just let it all out. Like you, tender words of love and support are like an arrow right to the heart in certain situations...effective and necessary once in a while, but that kind of intense emotional release is exhausting too, like you said. I'm glad not every spanking needs to be like that! Isn't it reassuring though, that you know that you have such a safe place, such strong arms, to turn to? For little things, everyday things, or for when you feel the big things start to build up again inside you...you know he's there to help you get through in whatever way the situation calls for. No matter what else is going on...you can always count on that:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry and happy too. Bottling up your feelings is not good healthwise so it is good to let them out. So happy you know that Ty has your back, it makes you feel so much better to know you are not alone. Hope you have a better outlook today sans sore throat and headache. Hugs
ReplyDeleteHmm...interesting. I have only sobbed after a spanking once.......and it was a few minutes after....yes, we were both shocked. That was maybe 3 years ago, has not happened since. Master has certainly spanked me hard enough, i do trust Him, that letting go is just not something i can make happen...or i guess even let happen. Plenty of teary eyes..no sobbing. I am glad you got to that point, and that you realized that you are not alone, sorry about the headache and the crazyness of life....hugs abby
ReplyDeleteBlondie, I hope you do not have to go through it several times. Especially if you did not like it.
ReplyDeleteWe just have fun spanking in my marriage but it has happened that I have been crying for a nice, soft, sensual lovemaking. When I felt loved above all else and hands, words, and the whole situation created such an incredible atmosphere that I cried. anything negative came out with tears and we could talk afterwards about everything.
Leo was terrified the first time .. lol ..
I hope you feel better now.
I am so happy you have found some release from the rock you have been carried around inside you for so long. It really is better when you can start to chip away at it.
ReplyDeleteI'm the opposite - too much continental blood I suppose. I can cry for England at the drop of a hat. Had a lifetime of practice!
If ever you want to talk to an old crazy Englishwoman, I am here, and I am a very good listener.
Many hugs
Ami
Hi Blondie,
ReplyDeleteI'm not a crier either, I don't enjoy it and I completely understand what you wrote here. I know it's hard not to bottle up feelings, but it's good to get them out. I hope you felt better after the headache, and i'm glad you have that safe place where you can let out those feelings.
Big hugs!
Hi Blondie,
ReplyDeleteI like the think that the tears come when you need them and even though you might hate them, they are coming for a reason. I do like what everyone has said about you feeling safe in Ty's arms and it felt okay in a subconscious sort of way to just let them come. Sorry you suffered some after effects, but do you think that trying not to cry when they come might be more stressful than just letting it happen?
Okay, just had to share the words your blog wanted me to type. They made me laugh!
Deletetollyt owe
Blondie, I'm so sorry for your struggles right now. I know you're so worried about your dad. A good cry is about the best therapy ever but I know it's hard for people who aren't used to it. Let Ty and the kids love on you as much as possible.
ReplyDeleteHey sweet Blondie...I absolutely hate the stuffy nose, sore throat, burning eyes, headachy, wrung out kind of sobbing. It pure D sucks! Big Time!!! But, I do believe you had been holding a lot in...carrying a heavy load on your shoulders and needed that release.
ReplyDeleteHope everything is better now...sending lots of prayers, healing energy and positive thoughts.
Hugs and Blessings...
Cat
Hi Blondie! I am not a crier either. Every once in a while I will have a sob fest but it is very rare and cathartic when it happens! I hope everything is better now that you had your release.
ReplyDeletehugs,
Tricia
Hugs, Blondie. Crying can suck, but getting past it seems to have helped you. I'm glad you were able to go to a safe place afterward.
ReplyDelete